Princess post-cruise tour with LaGuardia Airport dropoff?

We have a cruise booked for this fall on the Caribbean Princess. Our flight home doesn't leave until almost 3 PM, so we were hoping to see a bit of New York City between disembarking and arriving at the airport. The "excursions" listed for our sailing have tour/airport dropoff combinations for Newark and Kennedy, but not LaGuardia.

Does anyone know if a post-cruise excursion with dropoff at LaGuardia is actually offered by Princess (maybe it is just a little too early for it to be listed...still about 4 months until we sail)?

Alternatively, can someone suggest a NYC tour operator or car service that provides something comparable?

All suggestions are greatly appreciated! Thanks so much!

LaGuardia is a 20 minute cab ride from JFK. You can take the JFK tour and then take a cab over to LaGuardia. Your flight is at three, so I would get to LaGuardia at 1:30. Inquire at the tour desk what time the bus brings you to JFK. I like those ship's tours for day of departure because they will hold your luggage for you on the bus.

It might be me but I would depart JFK earlier than 1:30 PM for a 3:00 PM flight. The drive could take longer plus I prefer to arrive to LaGuardia 90 minutes or more before the flight as crowds can be long.

Keith

Thanks for all the suggestions so far! As this will be my first trip to New York, I did not realize that the airports were so close to each other. Boo214, have you done a tour with any of the independent tour operators? I would love to hear what your experience was like. Thanks!

We were on the Caribbean Princess 2010 for an eastern Caribbean cruise. My husband and I had an afternoon flight out of LGA and wanted to take a tour of NYC. We booked the tour of NYC during our cruise (it was NOT offered before); the tour left our ship around 9:00 a.m. We were able to put our luggage on the tour bus. The 3 hour tour was wonderful including a drop off at LGA. It was wonderful; I highly recommend it. My travel agent told me prior to our trip that Princess WOULD offer a tour during our cruise---I was apprehensive because I like to plan everything weeks/months before--but, this time--it worked out great! Good luck with your plannng! If you have any questions--I'll try and help.

Thanks for all the suggestions so far! As this will be my first trip to New York, I did not realize that the airports were so close to each other. Boo214, have you done a tour with any of the independent tour operators? I would love to hear what your experience was like. Thanks!

no, never done one. never needed to. i'm a new yorker born and raised.

Archived