Sun Princess ..... World Cruise 2012

Thanks for posting the sail in to Le Havre Sandi.

This is great ...We can cruise round the world from the comfort of our own homes:D:D

Amazing to think that tomorrow , when they arrive in Dover , they will have reached the half way point.

Thanks to you all for posting the web cam images, I have really enjoyed them, along with the great blogs from Pam and Steve.

We are down to 4 sleeps now, so the excitement levels are creeping up !

During the Panama Canal transit is the web cam on both sides or just one ? I would like to post the link for our family to give us a wave . Look out for our balcony, we proudly fly the Aussie flag :D

Cheers and again thanks all :)

Thanks to you all for posting the web cam images, I have really enjoyed them, along with the great blogs from Pam and Steve.

During the Panama Canal transit is the web cam on both sides or just one ? I would like to post the link for our family to give us a wave . Look out for our balcony, we proudly fly the Aussie flag :D

kris I hope you have a wonderful trip ... I can remember you also followed us so vigilently last year ( hope that is the right word )

The webam is only one side of the locks... both on the left hand side as you face the front... that would be the portside I think LOL... the cam at the miraflores are the closet to the ship ... we just had such crappy weather .....

the first set of gates ( early morning ) at gatun we went through those on the secret deck on deck 10 .... then we went and had breakfast in our friends balcony cabin... after we went through gatun the ship stopped for a while... it was amazing to look out the balcony and see another ship pass so close.. if there was anyone on deck you would have been able to see the whites of their eyes LOL....

the miraflores was fun... the building was jammed packed with people waving... cars stopped on the side of the road to watch us and waving us through...

if we ever go through again I would love to be down on deck 7 cause I think it will feel like you could step off the ship straight onto the wall....

Joanne

Sailing through the Panama Canal is an amazing experience.

Wishing you safe travelling.

Bon Voyage.

Interesting how some ports are descibed...

from one web site

Sun Princess , London, Dover, England

Caribbean Princess , London, Southampton, England

both ships are listed as London ,

one at Dover , the other Southampton:D

kris I hope you have a wonderful trip ... I can remember you also followed us so vigilently last year ( hope that is the right word )

The webam is only one side of the locks... both on the left hand side as you face the front... that would be the portside I think LOL... the cam at the miraflores are the closet to the ship ... we just had such crappy weather .....

the first set of gates ( early morning ) at gatun we went through those on the secret deck on deck 10 .... then we went and had breakfast in our friends balcony cabin... after we went through gatun the ship stopped for a while... it was amazing to look out the balcony and see another ship pass so close.. if there was anyone on deck you would have been able to see the whites of their eyes LOL....

the miraflores was fun... the building was jammed packed with people waving... cars stopped on the side of the road to watch us and waving us through...

if we ever go through again I would love to be down on deck 7 cause I think it will feel like you could step off the ship straight onto the wall....

Joanne

Bummer, our balcony is on the right hand side facing the pointy end (that is in ship speak you know !) So if we took block in the cabin for a lot of the day would we get to see much, or better to move round (ie from bar to bar..LOL) ;)

Yes I did stalk you last year, your blog was just wonderful, I especially loved Garys video of Anzac Cove, naturally I cried like a sook too ! We hope to be able to go there for next Anzac day, on a land trip. Problem is I hate the flying bit..much better to arrive on a ship :D

I think we are deck 9 (C ?) ...just getting the last bits done now, and we are off and racing

This has been a wonderful prelude to our weeny time on board, but we will make every moment a winner !

Take care and thanks for the advice, you are a champ :)

Cheers, Kris

They are now heading into Bergen, Norway.

Other cruise ships heading into port with them are..

*Costa Voyager

*Aida Luna

*Seabourne Sojourn

*Braemar

*Sun Princess

The Costa and the Aida ships have web cams.

by the looks they are berthing in a different position than we did... we were at a cargo terminal and they put free shuttle buses into town for us...

we had rain pretty much most of the day too.... I think their rainfall is pretty high

by the looks they are berthing in a different position than we did... we were at a cargo terminal and they put free shuttle buses into town for us...we had rain.pretty much most of the day too.... I think their rainfall is pretty high

There is a port cam for Bergen that overlooks the harbour from up on high , but you cant see anything except a foggy mist

All I got was the bridge cam and a shot from the bridge cam of Aida Luna...

10bergen.jpg

10bergen2.jpg

Archived