Table For 2

tarheelmjfan

The table dividers on the 4 top tables are an odd setup, but I suppose it would serve the purpose. You'd just have to speak with a whisper. :p
Most Princess ships don't have that table divider setup. I've had Anytime Dining on 5 different ships, and I only saw that on the Dawn Princess. I noticed you are going on the Island Princess. I was just on the Coral Princess, which is the sister ship of the Island. Most of the tables for 2 in the Anytime Dining Room on the Coral were literally inches from another table for 2. It was impossible to keep a private conversation with my wife. We were not happy with that set up at all. There were a few nicer, more private tables for 2 scattered around the Dining Room. They just never sat us at one. We didn't bother asking for one. We were just happy to get seated at all. The Anytime Dining Room was always busy, we waited an hour and 15 minutes one night for a table. Hopefully, your experience will be better then that.

Aside from that, we had a fabulous cruise. The Coral and Island are very nice ships. I really liked the layout of them.

Just off the Island Princess where we had a table for two at the late traditional seating. The late seating on the Island is 7:45 so it's a perfect time. There are many tables for 2 available. We were given a 4-top for the two of us. There are also some tables for two in the Provence dining room that are about 6" apart. They do not use dividers. So these tables weren't satisfactory for 2 since in reality they were tables for 4.

There were lots of tables available and if you see the maitre d' as soon as you can, you shouldn't have any problems as long as you've requested a table for 2 in advance. Ask to see the table so that if you get one of those right next to another one, you'll be able to request a change.

By the way, we always request a table for two and seldom have problems, especially at the 2nd seating.

Hi,

We were doing anytime for a few cruises and called every morning for a table for two. We switched to traditional with the thought if we didn't get a table for two it would be easier to change but so far have had no problems with our seating.

We mix and mingle all day and like our private time for our evening meal. Have your TA or call princess if that's who you booked through and request a table for two late traditional. This will show on your princess booking site when confirmed.

Have a wonderful time and congratulations on your 20th.

Laura

Hi,

Have your TA or call princess if that's who you booked through and request a table for two late traditional. This will show on your princess booking site when confirmed.

Laura

Princess will only confirm if you have early or late traditional not the size of the table. When I have booked a cruise directly with Princess and requested a table for 2, the Princess rep has always stated that they will "make a note" of my request but the only choices online or through them are a table for 4, 6, 8 or 10. Of course the Maitre D' will do his best to give you your request if the ship has tables for 2 in the TD room (some do not and some Maitre D's will not use a table for 4 and turn it into a table for 2).

Reading this thread now has me a bit concerned about our own dining arrangements. Not to hijack the thread, but I have a question.

My husband and I will be on the Island next month and chose Anytime dining under the assumption we'd be able to dine just the 2 of us. We like dining later (ie, between 7pm and 8pm). I'm getting the impression that late traditional dining with a request for a 2-top is the better way to go. We have a Prince William Sound cruise booked prior to embarkation, so if the Maitre'd holds court in the afternoon, we won't be able to make changes until we embark early evening, which might be too late to do so.

Did we make a mistake choosing Anytime? We don't mind waiting, but not an hour!

It is difficult to say what the wait will be and how much demand there will be for a table for two. To me, if you REALLY want a table for two, they sign up for whichever TD you prefer and request a table for two. If you get one, your troubles are over for the cruise. If not, see the Maitre 's and try. (I realize this is less likely to help you). If that fails, then switch to AD and request a table for two each evening. If the ship accept reservation, try to make one for a table for two, if you can predict dinner time.

Reading this thread now has me a bit concerned about our own dining arrangements. Not to hijack the thread, but I have a question.

My husband and I will be on the Island next month and chose Anytime dining under the assumption we'd be able to dine just the 2 of us. We like dining later (ie, between 7pm and 8pm). I'm getting the impression that late traditional dining with a request for a 2-top is the better way to go. We have a Prince William Sound cruise booked prior to embarkation, so if the Maitre'd holds court in the afternoon, we won't be able to make changes until we embark early evening, which might be too late to do so.

Did we make a mistake choosing Anytime? We don't mind waiting, but not an hour!

From our experience last week, there was table availability in the Provence Dining room for late TD. As a matter of fact late AD diners were seated in our dining room. I seemed that a lot more people signed up for AD than late TD and we would see people sitting around with their pagers. I have no idea how long anyone waited for a table.

We've always preferred late TD. The few times we used AD, sometimes we waited, sometimes we didn't. However, if you want to eat around 7:30 in AD, there will usually be a wait. That's why we like the late TD on the Island (and Coral) so much; it's a 7:45 which for us is a perfect time and there's no waiting.

• 1 month later...

"When I have booked a cruise directly with Princess and requested a table for 2, the Princess rep has always stated that they will "make a note" of my request but the only choices online or through them are a table for 4, 6, 8 or 10. Of course the Maitre D' will do his best to give you your request if the ship has tables for 2 in the TD room (some do not and some Maitre D's will not use a table for 4 and turn it into a table for 2)"

Thank You! Those specific comments answered my questions.

You pretty much have to select 'table for 4', just going blind. and then go straight to the Maitre D' once onboard.

I wonder if the Sapphire seems agreeable to requests for Traditional tables for two. It seems that some Maitre D' and some ships might be better than others for this?

I wonder if Late Traditional might have any chance of a 4-top, or even just a free-standing table for two.

Archived