Oasis (Rumor)

to the benefit of both company's. I can see something like that happening again.

Question is the space large enough for a Margaritaville? Everytime I see one of those, its fairly large scale. Probably a Margaritaville light. Cross promotional work makes sense when pulled off right.

How about Pat O'Briens with a flaming water fountain, and oh yes - authentic Hurricanes? That would be awesome! Edit: dueling pianos.

Question is the space large enough for a Margaritaville? Everytime I see one of those, its fairly large scale. Probably a Margaritaville light. Cross promotional work makes sense when pulled off right.

Yeah I honestly don't see this partnership being a good fit... but only time will tell I guess. When I think Margaritaville (after having drank at several across the Caribbean!) I think of the large expansive restaurant with the pool in the middle... etc... I don't think of their food!

When I think Margaritaville (after having drank at several across the Caribbean!) I think of the large expansive restaurant with the pool in the middle... etc... I don't think of their food!

So True

Yeah I honestly don't see this partnership being a good fit... but only time will tell I guess. When I think Margaritaville (after having drank at several across the Caribbean!) I think of the large expansive restaurant with the pool in the middle... etc... I don't think of their food!

My guess is the emphasis will turn from food, to food that revolves around booze - LOL. Liquor sales probably are a bigger profit for RCI than the for fee charge for dining.

The seafood restaurant is being replaced by years end with MARGARITAVILLE and in Falmouth they are in the process of building a full Margaritaville restaurant with a pool. :D

Building a full Margaritaville in Falmouth was always the intention. The small stands were/are just placeholders or there would have been no food for sale in the port area.

I do not see this as positive. I get that they make changes to increase revenue but adding a chain restaurant? They might as well add in a McDonald's (oh wait they already have Johnny Rocket's). If I want to go to the mall I will go there and not spend as much as I will on a cruise.

There are what, around 18 Margaritavilles? Its technically a chain, but its not really comparable to most chain restaurants.

Building a full Margaritaville in Falmouth was always the intention. The small stands were/are just placeholders or there would have been no food for sale in the port area.

That would be fun if they follow through with it.

Building a full Margaritaville in Falmouth was always the intention. .

I dont remember seeing signage when we were thre last month. Is that what is being built as you exit the port shopping Area

That would be fun if they follow through with it.

I definitely wouldn't mind a full fledged Margaritaville in Falmouth... I'm not even sure I'm getting off Oasis in Falmouth as is.

I definitely wouldn't mind a full fledged Margaritaville in Falmouth... I'm not even sure I'm getting off Oasis in Falmouth as is.

Same as us... But if there was a Margaritaville we might change our opinion.:D

The strange thing is not that they seem to have concluded that Rita's Cantina needs to be replaced by Margaritaville after only a few years of experiece, it is that they originally thought that Rita's Cantina was so successful that they decided to add it to several of their other ships when they were 'revitalized'.

Yet another example of a poster who did not bother to read the original post.

Actually, on the Boardwalk, Rita's Cantina is the restaurant on the Allure and the Seafood Shack is the restaurant on the Oasis. So, maybe the Allure would be the only change. We ate at the Seafood Shack while on the Oasis last summer, and it was ok.

I just got off the Oasis and the staff said the Seafood Shack wasn't doing well and was being replaced to a Margaritaville. They did not mention anything about Rita's changing over. Would make sense to do them both. Might as well put them on the Sunshine class :)

I like the idea of the Oasis Class ships having a Margaritaville. (or any other class of ships) To me, it creates a very Caribbean atmosphere, which is a cruising atmosphere! We have visited many of the Margaritaville's in the Caribbean!

Interesting that M'Ville (Cheeseburger in Paradise) will be across from Johnny Rockets! Dueling burger joints! Lol

In Falmouth the store is open. They have a dirt lot where they are going to build a restaurant and pool by years end. Right at aft view of ship. They are trying to keep people at the port or at least get some to get off the ship who normally wouldn't.

I think its fun and for business purposes it seems to make complete sense. I foresee a person playing a guitar or a caribbean band as constant entertainment with a margarita in hand.

I for one have never been a huge fan of kitschy chain tourist restaurants, such as Margaritaville, Planet Hollywood and Hard Rock Cafe.

They had their day in the 80's and 90's, but it seems like those type of novelty places have been played out so many times. Maybe Im getting jaded and older? LOL

I enjoy more authentic beach bars with the chair and a bucket of Carib or El Presidente beer for 10 dollars. But that's just me!

I think I would totally be game for a Margaritaville on a ship however!!

Archived