Oasis (Rumor)

The seafood restaurant is being replaced by years end with MARGARITAVILLE and in Falmouth they are in the process of building a full Margaritaville restaurant with a pool. :D

Wow... the rumor grows larger than when we all first heard :eek:

A few weeks back a few of our CC members were told by the staff of Rita's Fiesta on the Allure that Rita's Cantina (the Seafood Shack's counterpart) would be replaced with a Margaritaville sometime next year. Some wondered if the Seafood Shack would change as well. If the rumors are correct, then it will :rolleyes:

Just curious... where did you get your rumor from? Certainly the pool and restaurant on Labadee is a new one around these parts

Wow... the rumor grows larger than when we all first heard :eek:

A few weeks back a few of our CC members were told by the staff of Rita's Fiesta on the Allure that Rita's Cantina (the Seafood Shack's counterpart) would be replaced with a Margaritaville sometime next year. Some wondered if the Seafood Shack would change as well. If the rumors are correct, then it will :rolleyes:

Just curious... where did you get your rumor from? Certainly the pool and restaurant on Labadee is a new one around these parts

The OP said Falmouth...NOT Labadee;)

Does anyone find it strange they are making changes to a brand new ship already? Did people not like it, was the food not good? Were people not going in there and eating? I just find it odd they are making changes to Oasis/Allure already.

Does anyone find it strange they are making changes to a brand new ship already? Did people not like it, was the food not good? Were people not going in there and eating? I just find it odd they are making changes to Oasis/Allure already.

If something "revenue" isn't producing...they are going to make changes.

To be honest...Yes the food was that bad. It would be nice to see the change. As for falmouth I was told the were getting a smaller one there buy the person that was working the store there just a few weeks ago.

Oasis will be 3 years old by year end, and later next year Allure will also be 3 years old. It's not uncommon for cruise lines to make changes to ships every 3 to 5 years.

We will be trying the food at the Seafood Shack on the Oasis this June during the Surf's Up Party. Hopefully, the food will be good! We expect to try the Allure in 2014 or later if we like Oasis. By then, looks like we'll be eating at Margaritaville. :)

If something "revenue" isn't producing...they are going to make changes.

Hi Steve. Do you mean if something is not producing "revenue", they (revenue) are going to make changes!!!:D

We have to cruise together one of these days!!

Rick

I'm surprised they would make a mistake like that. Thanks for the info.

They try things...some work some don't.....how about the blimp trials they experimented with off Oasis...some things make it to creation some never do...and some that do don't always work.

oasis-of-the-seas-sea-blimp-news.jpg

In the case of OASIS, aren't we looking at 2 years? Perhaps, and this is pure speculation, this could be enough time to look at revenue numbers between that space on both ships.

what was the purpose of the blimp

The blimp attraction wasn't really described by Royal in detail, except to say that it didn't work well enough to pursue.

Maybe blimp rides while at sea?;)

Could be used as a lifeboat if needed?

They could sell advertising space on it?

Additional restaurant featuring Blimpy Burgers?

Could be used as a shuttle to the airport?

The seafood restaurant is being replaced by years end with MARGARITAVILLE and in Falmouth they are in the process of building a full Margaritaville restaurant with a pool. :D

Yes, in Falmouth the new full size Margaritaville was under construction when we were there in November. Looked like it's going to be huge!

We were told it would be ready later in 2012. Does anyone have an update on when it will open?

When it was first conceived it was supposed to have offered rides, such as being in a gondola and reeled up and down for the view. They should have known the winds would be too strong for it, but oh well, I would have liked the water tunnel ala Disney better...:rolleyes:

The strange thing is not that they seem to have concluded that Rita's Cantina needs to be replaced by Margaritaville after only a few years of experiece, it is that they originally thought that Rita's Cantina was so successful that they decided to add it to several of their other ships when they were 'revitalized'. Did they act much too fast, without sufficient evidence, when they decided to add them and now so soon after making that decision, they have decided to replace them with Margaritavilles? Someone in corporate (whoever proposed expanding Rita's to their other ships) must have more than a little"huevos rancheros" on his/her face.;)

The strange thing is not that they seem to have concluded that Rita's Cantina needs to be replaced by Margaritaville after only a few years of experiece, it is that they originally thought that Rita's Cantina was so successful that they decided to add it to several of their other ships when they were 'revitalized'. Did they act much too fast, without sufficient evidence, when they decided to add them and now so soon after making that decision, they have decided to replace them with Margaritavilles? Someone in corporate (whoever proposed expanding Rita's to their other ships) must have more than a little"huevos rancheros" on his/her face.;)

This is really funny, thanks.:D

Bob

I do not see this as positive. I get that they make changes to increase revenue but adding a chain restaurant? They might as well add in a McDonald's (oh wait they already have Johnny Rocket's). If I want to go to the mall I will go there and not spend as much as I will on a cruise.

I do not see this as positive. I get that they make changes to increase revenue but adding a chain restaurant? They might as well add in a McDonald's (oh wait they already have Johnny Rocket's). If I want to go to the mall I will go there and not spend as much as I will on a cruise.

Here we go with mall analogy again. :rolleyes:

The blimp was something that they briefly trialed on Oasis during her sea trials. The story goes that in Miami opposite their corporate office they had a tethered balloon attraction... similar to the one at Downtown Disney if you have ever been there. It caught the eye of Richard Fain and the wheels were put in motion....what if we could do something like that on Oasis. So a company designed one for test trials....it failed miserably...in the first trial the tether broke and it was briefly lost at sea...later to be recovered.

Archived