Temperature, Wind and Weather Conditions at Grand Cayman in Early-Mid October???

Suesan Jean

Hi! :)

I hope that I can get these questions answered. :)

1. What are the usual/average weather conditions in Grand Cayman in early-mid October?

2. Would it be very windy at Rum Point?

3. Is it "buggy" this time of year in Grand Cayman?

Those are all the questions I have for now.

Thank you very much for helping me.

I DO APPRECIATE IT!!! :D

Hi! :)

I hope that I can get these questions answered. :)

1. What are the usual/average weather conditions in Grand Cayman in early-mid October?

2. Would it be very windy at Rum Point?

3. Is it "buggy" this time of year in Grand Cayman?

Those are all the questions I have for now.

Thank you very much for helping me.

I DO APPRECIATE IT!!! :D

Try this link from the RCI web site on Grand Cayman. Very warm all year round. Not particularly windy any time we've been there. Not aware of any particular notice of bugs when we were there either. GC is one of the nicest islands IMO in the Caribbean. British held and very pleasent.

Caribbean Ports - Royal Caribbean International

Summer all year long. Can't help with sea conditions....that's NOT season-specific! Because of wind, there won't be too many bugs near the beach...they don't like winds! Beaches are always a bit windy.

Sorry to be a Debbie Downer, but October happens to be the worst weather month in GC IMO. Consecutive rainy days are common and the chance of a tropical storms still lingers. On the bright side, should be warm and there are more days with sun than not.

The island, and more so East End and Rum Point, can be windy in the winter and early Spring months from what are commonly known as the Christmas Winds. They usually arrive in late December and die down at the end of March. Trips to Sting Ray City see more cancellations these months than others.

Mosquitoes and biting midges (aka No-see-ums) are not usually an issue for cruise visitors, as they make their appearance around sunset, long after the ships have left port. Worst after a rainy period.

September and October are the two months with the most rain, on average, for Cayman. This is primarily the result of passing tropical waves. Stronger tropical waves can turn into tropical depressions, tropical storms, or hurricanes. Of course cruise ships are usually diverted if a strong tropical system is forecast.

When it rains it can be intense. I remember one day that time of year with more than 9 inches of rain!

On relatively sunny days the air temps are in the mid to high 80s for daily highs. Overnight lows typically drop to the upper 70s to around 80. Overcast rainy days may have highs only in the lower 80s.

Sea temperatures usually reach their highest in October, around 87 degrees. Toasty!

Winds are most typically from the ESE at 15 knots or less, which makes Rum Point a lee (downwind) shore. As a more sheltered location Rum Point during a rainy month can be particularly buggy in the evenings near sunset and twilight hours but generally that is not a problem during the day.

As a lee shore the waters around Rum Point tend to be particularly flat calm that time of year. Further offshore the waves may pick up.

• 2 weeks later...

we travel there alot in oct and nov and if it rains it is for a really short time. Possibly 10 to 30 mins. Its like our Georgia storms, rains for 15 to 20 minutes and then its all over and hotter than it was before the storm.

Sorry to be a Debbie Downer, but October happens to be the worst weather month in GC IMO. Consecutive rainy days are common and the chance of a tropical storms still lingers. On the bright side, should be warm and there are more days with sun than not.

The island, and more so East End and Rum Point, can be windy in the winter and early Spring months from what are commonly known as the Christmas Winds. They usually arrive in late December and die down at the end of March. Trips to Sting Ray City see more cancellations these months than others.

Mosquitoes and biting midges (aka No-see-ums) are not usually an issue for cruise visitors, as they make their appearance around sunset, long after the ships have left port. Worst after a rainy period.

I agree sorry :(

Archived