Off to see the Freedom of the Seassssssssssss

Today's the day! So excited :D

The little Aussie Thunder from Downunder cruiseholic is about to hit Orlando, The Caribbean (Freedom of the Seas - Western Caribbean and New Yawkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk (staying with friends on Long Island). It's a bucket list dream of a lifetime.

Did I say I'm so very excited :p

T minus 4 hours until departure to airport hehe

Today's the day! So excited :D

The little Aussie Thunder from Downunder cruiseholic is about to hit Orlando, The Caribbean (Freedom of the Seas - Western Caribbean and New Yawkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk (staying with friends on Long Island). It's a bucket list dream of a lifetime.

Did I say I'm so very excited :p

T minus 4 hours until departure to airport hehe

How exciting Deb.:)Have a wonderful, safe journey and bring back lots of photos and stories.

Kerry :)

Have a great trip and cruise Deb. Who are you flying with?

Virgin Australia - in the pointy bit :D Then Delta across to Orlando. Then Southwest from Orlando to New York then Qantas from New York to Sydney (in the point bit :p)

Viva le frequent flyer points! :D

Orlando, Caribbean cruise and New York - now I'm really jealous!

I hope you're going to Walt Disney World, in Orlando, where you can be a big kid again, Deb. Our family love WDW and New York, in particular.

I hope you're going to Walt Disney World, in Orlando, where you can be a big kid again, Deb. Our family love WDW and New York, in particular.

LOL, Our Deb hasn't stopped being a big kid, has she? :D:D:D

• 2 weeks later...

Well here I am cruising at 39,000 feet on Southwest on my way to New York after disembarking the ship a few hours ago.

The Freedom of the Seas is sensational.............7 days is no where near enough, and more sea days are required LOL I will write my review when I get back.....whenever that is LOL but I really couldn't fault anything....except no midnight chocolate buffet or the big pastry/cake buffet that they used to have. Apparently it's off the menu fleetwide now :(

Anyway, at 160,000 tonnes, larger than Voyager but smaller than Oasis/Allure...........she really is a great ship!

Until next time :D

• 2 weeks later...

I'm baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaacccccccckkkkkkkkkkkkkk

WOW that 21 days went FAST! I had a sensational time and words cannot describe how I'm feeling now..................it was all very surreal although I have 10 gazillion photos to prove I went LOL

It's 3 am and the jetlag has got me again on the return :mad:

Freedom of the Seas was awesome......but I think she's just too big for a 7 day cruise but would be fabulous for a world cruise hehe.

I'll get photos and a review sorted over the coming weeks..........it's going to be a huge job sorting through the photos...............oh and NEW YORK is brilliant, bloody fantastic and far exceeded my expectations. If it's not on your bucket list..........PUT IT ON! Photos just don't do the place justice.

Welcome back Deb .......... agree with you 100% about Freedom of the Seas, awesome ship.

New York .......... can't wait to check it out for ourselves in 76 Days :D then it will be onto Washington and a couple of cruises.

Cheers,

I'm baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaacccccccckkkkkkkkkkkkkk

WOW that 21 days went FAST! I had a sensational time and words cannot describe how I'm feeling now..................it was all very surreal although I have 10 gazillion photos to prove I went LOL

It's 3 am and the jetlag has got me again on the return :mad:

Freedom of the Seas was awesome......but I think she's just too big for a 7 day cruise but would be fabulous for a world cruise hehe.

I'll get photos and a review sorted over the coming weeks..........it's going to be a huge job sorting through the photos...............oh and NEW YORK is brilliant, bloody fantastic and far exceeded my expectations. If it's not on your bucket list..........PUT IT ON! Photos just don't do the place justice.

Welcome back Deb,

We missed you!!! Can't wait to read your review & see some photos!

Donna

Loved the Freedom of the Seas. Then again, I love just being on a ship, whether it's big or small. Kids liked the parades on the promenade and the Character breakfasts. Oh, and those sculpture things near the elevators that you can turn a wheel and they move...always had to schedule an extra few minutes for them to stop and play with those.

Archived