Excursions onboard Liberty.

Can anyone who is cruising on Liberty before 2nd June please let me know how much the excursions cost to book onboard the ship? Wondering if it's cheapr to book before you cruise or not. Thanks.

Seems to me that the prices are the same, but at the most, a couple of $ more or less. Someone may have a better idea. The problem with waiting to book on the ship is availability of the tour, especially for the time you prefer. I would hate for you to miss out on something you wanted to do. :(

Can anyone who is cruising on Liberty before 2nd June please let me know how much the excursions cost to book onboard the ship? Wondering if it's cheapr to book before you cruise or not. Thanks.

I don't think the prices change once you get on board.

You can keep the costs down by visiting the Europe section of the board and discussing how you can do some of the ports DIY. It is not everyone's preference for all of the ports, but some days can be quite pleasant doing it on your own.

If you booked your cruise in the UK then if you book before you sail, the price will be in GBP. If you wait until onboard they will be in USD.

I will try and remember to get the onboard prices next week and report back after the 18th May.

If you booked your cruise in the UK then if you book before you sail, the price will be in GBP. If you wait until onboard they will be in USD.

I will try and remember to get the onboard prices next week and report back after the 18th May.

Pete, I think you have said this before, but can you remind me again..., which choice is better to pay in dollars and have my bank make the change or to have RCL make the exchange and charge me in sterling.

I try to be as 'savvy' as possible when it comes to finances, but that always seems to be the trick question when I am shopping in the euro zone or in dollars. I never know which answer to give.

Pete, I think you have said this before, but can you remind me again..., which choice is better to pay in dollars and have my bank make the change or to have RCL make the exchange and charge me in sterling.

I try to be as 'savvy' as possible when it comes to finances, but that always seems to be the trick question when I am shopping in the euro zone or in dollars. I never know which answer to give.

ALWAYS pay in the local currency and let your Bank do the conversion. Depending on your credit card, some charge pretty close to the real rate.

(PS, I'm not Pete but I'm sure you won't mind!:p)

Have your SeaPass account in USD and let your bank do the conversion, not RCL, they use an 'attractive' rate, yes, attractive for them not you, and charge a conversion fee which is hidden in the rate, that's how they make money.

This is the same with many establishments in Europe, like hotels, who will ask when you settle your account, whether you want to pay in Euros or convert to your own currency. Always pay in the currency of the establishment.

ALWAYS pay in the local currency and let your Bank do the conversion. Depending on your credit card, some charge pretty close to the real rate.

(PS, I'm not Pete but I'm sure you won't mind!:p)

Don't mind at all, this is the beauty of a global forum, answers can be given nearly around the clock with the time differences. It must have been daytime for you whilst I was sleeping!

Same price.

Same price.
Actually for someone not paying for their cruise in USD, it depends on the exchange rate being used by RCI at the time of booking a shore excursion online as opposed to the exchange rate prevailing at the time of settling your SeaPass account onboard at the end of the cruise.

E.g. We prebooked a an excursion for our upcoming cruise a while ago and paid £62.50 per person which meant RCI were using an exchange rate of around $1.59 for each £1.

Now if the exchange deteriotes whilst sailing, then by paying in USD and this being converted to GBP, this could end up costing more, or of the rate improves in favour of us, then it could cost less.

Not much in it, but strictly speaking the price in USD is the same, but what it converts to can vary if your home currency isn't USD (which I assume the OPs isn't )

Thanks for this. Enjoy your cruise.

And thanks to everybody who has answered my question. I will try very hard to remember ("let my own bank do the conversion, let my own bank do the conversion, let my own bank do the conversion"). Got it now. :o

And thanks to everybody who has answered my question. I will try very hard to remember ("let my own bank do the conversion, let my own bank do the conversion, let my own bank do the conversion"). Got it now. :o
Please make sure that when you check in that the agent does it properly. For the umpteenth time, yet again RCI insisted that I had selected the option for them to convert my onboard account into GBP using their rate. Apologised and said it must have been a mistake at check in and nothing could be done.

This is turning into a regular scam on RCIs part and one I'm getting very tired off.

Luckily as I paid off most of the account during our cruise using travellers cheques, it wasn't a huge issue.

Their rate meant that £1 = $1.54.

Excursions onboard Liberty

If I recall, most excursions are not onboard:D

Sorry? The reason for the thread title was an abbreviation of whether to book excursions in advance or once onboard for which I promised to provide info and I have.

Archived