Istanbul Terminal

jimb98

We'll be in Istanbul on Equinox later this month; can anyone tell me whereabouts the ship docks in the area. I have a Google map of Istanbul but I'm trying to envisage where the ship docks.

Thanks,

Jim

It is almost across the street from a tram stop. A short ride to sites such as Blue Mosque. You need to use Turkish Lira to ride the tram. Very easy to navigate. Really no need to pay for a tour unless you want to go some distance away.

We were there on the Equinox last May. You will dock in Karakoy near the end of the Galata Bridge, across from the city center, where the Topkapi, the Blue Mosque, etc are located. There will be many taxis available and it is just a short walk to public transportation if you prefer.

Our 2 days in Instanbul were a treat for all the senses!

We spent three days in Ist. Last yr. pre cruise and I agree that it's a great city to see. Be sure to try apple tea and Turkish delight, a sweet treat. :). The neat thing is that most of the major sites are very close together, within walking distance. Enjoy.

Archived