Deck Plan Changes Question

I'm trying to understand why there are numerous deck plans for a ship. For example, when viewing Jewel of the Seas, the following deck plan options are available:

• 27 May 2012 to 27 April 2013
  • 02 May 2013 to 25 Jan 2014
  • 27 Jan 2014 to 27 Jan 2014
  • 01 Feb 2014 to 19 April 2014

What is the difference between the various plans? Are the cabins moving around? When I click on some of the dates, nothing appears but little red X's in a box. (This is not limited to just Jewel, I see the same thing on several ships.) Some deck plans I can view, other future one's I can't.

When do the cabins actually move around - after a refurb or after any dry dock? Since Jewel is scheduled for May 1, 2016 refurb (according to the flyer posted on other threads) does that mean the cabins will stay put until then?

I want to make sure the cabin I pick will remain where it is or if I should pick another cabin that will move into its place. (That Rhapsody situation really has me concerned.)

They may from time to time as indicated recatagorize some cabins and when the ship is in for refurbishment the may also reconfigure some cabins. Other than the latter, your cabin will be there. And even with a reconfiguration, only a few cabins will be affecte\d. They may also be renumbered as a result. That can be the bigger issue to watch out for with a booking. But they are locked in for the time periods indicated.

Thanks everyone for the feedback. What I am trying to sort out is two things:

1. We are looking at a possible cruise on Jewel in Nov 2013. Are 1100 and 1602 the Aft JS cabins worth booking? How about 9256 or is 9078 / 9092 (and others in the same configuration) on the hump better.
  2. We plan on booking a Nov 2013 cruise on Enchantment. I believe JS 7666 or 7166 are the best. Will they still be in that position after the refurb?

My fear is I can't see the deck plans to confirm the cabins will be in their location that is currently showing. If anyone has any words of wisdom, I would greatly appreciate it.

We can't answer your questions, only rci can. There are other ships on the website where one cannot see the deck plans(for future cruises) for your time frame. But, rci can, call them and they can discuss your cabin choice. Be very specific in your questions

I just went through this today. Hopefully you will get a CVP that will go the extra step for you. Ask how the refurb will affect your cabin choice and if you book, make sure you get a confirmation.

We can't answer your questions, only rci can. There are other ships on the website where one cannot see the deck plans(for future cruises) for your time frame. But, rci can, call them and they can discuss your cabin choice. Be very specific in your questions

I just went through this today. Hopefully you will get a CVP that will go the extra step for you. Ask how the refurb will affect your cabin choice and if you book, make sure you get a confirmation.

Thank you for the recommendation. I will give them a call.

cabins above the Spotlight lounge can be noisy....as well as ones above/below the theatre....

Something to keep in mind...My cabin for my EN cruise this past week was over the theatre and was very noisy...on a previous EN cruise we were in a JS over the lounge..and when they had music/karaoke it too was bad..

cabins above the Spotlight lounge can be noisy....as well as ones above/below the theatre....

Something to keep in mind...My cabin for my EN cruise this past week was over the theatre and was very noisy...on a previous EN cruise we were in a JS over the lounge..and when they had music/karaoke it too was bad..

Oh my gosh, I completely forgot to look at that. I was so focused on the JS Aft, I failed to look what it was over.

Thank you so much for mentioning that. Need to rethink my strategy. Perhaps deck 8 for Enchantment since it only has the Spa / Fitness Center above it. I could deal with the weights in the morning (we are more of a morning type, rather than a late night type) instead of listening to a thumpidty thump thump all night.

Whew, you just saved us a bit of frustration. This type of info is what these forums are all about. Wonderful reminder. Thank you, thank you:)

Can't speak to en, but 1100 is the best cabin on jewel. We try to book it every time we cruise that class. Huge balcony, quiet, great views. We just booked on brilliance for nye 2013 the day the schedule was released just to make sure we got that cabin.

Archived