Flight Times

THE WANDERER

Would it be possible to make a 12:30 P.M. flight after departing the Equinox which supposedly docks at 4:30 A.M.? I have never cruised Europe before and do not know how long debarkation and immigration procedures will take. Thank you for any info.

Would it be possible to make a 12:30 P.M. flight after departing the Equinox which supposedly docks at 4:30 A.M.? I have never cruised Europe before and do not know how long debarkation and immigration procedures will take. Thank you for any info.

We had a flight at 11:50 and made it with plenty of time to spare. We got off the Equinox at 6:15. We booked a taxi with Rome Cabs. Worked out great.

Please if anyone can help me out. My flight is at 10.10 am and the ship docks at 5.30 am. I plan to prebook a cab to take me directly to airport. Is it doable? Any flight after that time costs me $2000+ more per person. How long is the drive from port to FCO.

Please if anyone can help me out. My flight is at 10.10 am and the ship docks at 5.30 am. I plan to prebook a cab to take me directly to airport. Is it doable? Any flight after that time costs me $2000+ more per person. How long is the drive from port to FCO.

It's 40 miles from the port at Civitavecchia to FCO and it takes between 45 - 60 minutes by car.

If you are flying to Canada rather than the US you only need to be at the airport two hours before your flight, or 8 AM. If you can be off the ship and in the cab by 7 AM you'll probably be fine, but you've got no room for error.

Your problem will be how long it takes the authorities to clear the ship and allow passengers to disembark.

Thanks for the info. Yes, we're flying back to Canada. Looks like it's still OK especially if we carry our suitcases when we disembark so we don't have to wait for them at the pier. But now I am worried when we're allowed to leave the ship. We can't control the port authority part. Normally are people allowed to disembark within an hour? Unfortunately I can't stay over 1 extra night. To risk or not to risk .....

Do you really mean $2,000.00 more per person or $200.00?

Do not try for a 10:10 AM flight. It is too early. Too much risk on this.

Remember, you need to factor in one hour for the drive. Maybe it will be 45 minutes but plan for one hour.

You need to allow two hours to check in for your flight.

You are taking a major risk with such an early flight. It would be tight anyway and if anything goes wrong such as the ship arriving just a little bit late or any other type of delay and you miss the flight.

The Rome airport can also be very chaotic.

Keith

Then I would advise you to purchase tickets for that early morning flight the next day, and spend the night in Rome. What will it cost you if you miss this flight?

Yes, it really is $2000 more. Right now the flight is $1738 but a later flight after 1.30 pm is $3700 & change. If I get off any time after 7 am I'll be toast. I am really scared. May be I have to stay an extra day and get that early flight the next day. Work can wait!

Yes, it really is $2000 more. Right now the flight is $1738 but a later flight after 1.30 pm is $3700 & change. If I get off any time after 7 am I'll be toast. I am really scared. May be I have to stay an extra day and get that early flight the next day. Work can wait!

I would fly the next day. No sense spending the entire cruise worrying about it and the odds say you will not make a 10:10 AM flight.

Keith

Archived