OK~Please Tell Me All About The SUMMIT

Lois R

Lois and Mari, I am still hoping to be able to hang out in the Martini Bar with you guys!! One of my favorite places too (Ger and I decided we were going to try all 30+ Martinis between the 2 of us on our Infinity cruise). We never managed it since we developed our favorites, but given the number of martinis we drank, it was certainly feasible the we COULD have tried them all!:D

Here is a link to some of the summit pictures we took in 2003: http://www.geraldandlinda.com/photo_gallery/bysea/canal_2003_summit/MVSummit/index.html.

Linda

Hi Linda,

Great pictures, especially with your cruise mates.

I too have tried to taste each martini, but then I find a favorite and stick with it. Maybe one day, I'll get to taste all 35!

Looking forward to meeting you in October.

Mari

Lois & Mari, We had one of the aft cabins on the Summit. The best possible location on the ship. Enjoy.

After dinner at the Captains table we went back to the Rendevous lounge to have a drink. I had my rose and asked my favorite bartender if he had something I could put that beautiful rose into with some water. He rinsed out one of the Van Gogh bottles and kept insisting how special the bottle was and to please take it home. Against my husbands wishes, I insisted and took it home. Yes, the bartender was correct. They are selling on ebay for .50cents. :D

oh, oh, oh, Linda, are you and Ger really going with us???:D :D :D

Honestly, tell him he is meeting a long lost sister or something LOL LOL:D

Have you decided it is a definite? You are really going? Yippppeeeeee!!!!!

Martinis for EVERYONE!!!!

Ok, Belle is correct, need some information about the SUMMIT LOL......we now know all about the Martini Bar!:)

Lois & Mari, We had one of the aft cabins on the Summit. The best possible location on the ship. Enjoy.

After dinner at the Captains table we went back to the Rendevous lounge to have a drink. I had my rose and asked my favorite bartender if he had something I could put that beautiful rose into with some water. He rinsed out one of the Van Gogh bottles and kept insisting how special the bottle was and to please take it home. Against my husbands wishes, I insisted and took it home. Yes, the bartender was correct. They are selling on ebay for .50cents. :D

It is a great cabin, and will be even better if Linda & Gerald are our next door neighbors. We'll know today.

BT, Your bartender was special to do that. Maybe someday your bottle will be more valuable... icon10.gif

Linda, this is awesome:) Please tell Gerald hello from me~and that we are going to have a blast. Cabins next to each other, dinner together too:D

Please come say hi on the Roll Call and I know you will sign up for the cc party asap;)

Hi Mari:)

Hope everyone has a great day!

I put in my bid for 3 CD's 11/20 Transcanal with the Weirs. Oh what a treat that would be...........

Also for Sudi to transfer for the 2 weeks to handle Martini Bar on Summit.

So who else is on my cruise, so I can get you want you want ;-)

Oh..and one of the Weir's might be our CD? Normally I don't get into the "how good is the CD" question but after the thread we had a bit ago, I would LOVE to meet one or all of these guys:D

Andrew, I know you won't be able to sail with us, but, is there anyway you could make down to LA? We are going to have fun on Sunday (pre-cruise) and would love to have you join us:)

Hi:)

Anyone West Coast folks who would like to join us for dinner? Now that would be fun:D

Me, Mari, Linda, Gerald, Kim (are you going with us?)! Even if there are people who aren't on the cruise....it would be nice to meet other CC'rs:)

After all, we are going on a cruise.......the more the merrier!

Oh...Judy is going with us too! And her sister and Mom!

Sounds like a great trip! Wonder if I could pick that trip up and then fly in to Rome from there? Hmmm, something to consider. I'd love to join you guys!

I'll check it out. I've been home 16 hours and I'm ready to go again!

Gail

HI LOIS...You will love the SUMMIT...most folks I know like it more than any other X ship. The one thing that intrigues me is the statue on the lower level of the dining room. The statue is the famous Beaudry statue entitled Normandie. This statue was originally onboard the legendary SS NORMANDY of 1935. The statue was originally placed at the far end of the First Class dining room onboard that famous ship. You are literally sailing with a famous piece of history in the main dining room. You will also love the NORMANDIE Resataurant. Check out the fantastic collection on NORMANDIE memorabilia in the rotunda outside the restaurant. The room is gorgeous and has some of the original hand carved panels from the NORMANDIE...they are breath taking and not to be missed. The SUMMIT is special and you will love it.

ROSS

Hi Ross:) nice to see you again.

I enjoyed Constellation very much and I know they are sister ships so I am sure it will be a fun week.

Hi Ross,

I enjoyed all the Olympic memorabilla on the Millennium, and Iim sure the Normandie will be equally fascinating. I too have heard that the Summit is one of the favorites of the M Class. I loved being on the Infinity. I enjoyed the Millennium, but thought the Infinity was a notch better.

The people you are with make the cruise, and I know being with Lois, Linda and Gerald, it's going to be fantastic.

Mari

Hi Mari:) Hope you had fun with your Mom today!

St Augustine was fabulous:D had shrimp with chorizo (spanish sausage) with onions, peppers, mushrooms and pototoes all sauteed in olive oil with spanish rice and FRESH cuban bread. YUMMY!

• 3 months later...

I have never tried a martini and am very curious about it, although I've been told by my boyfriend I probably wouldn't like a standard martini. Would it be possible for anyone that has the list of ingredients in the special martinis to scan it and post somewhere or email to me? I would love to try one or two on our upcoming cruise on Summit.

My email address is crazyaboutcruises AT hotmail.com

Thanks!

Hi Lois and everyone on this thread - Lois, I am afraid I have some bad news - I can't tell you much about the Summit! That's because on our August 5 Alaska cruise, I was too spellbound by the absolutely amazing, too-beautiful-to-put-into-words scenery. I could hardly tear myself away even to sleep!! Seriously - I would highly recommend Alaska and of course Celebrity is the way to go. The Summit is a beauty and her crew from the lowliest to the highest rank was awesome. I know you will love her!

Hi Nikki, the list of Specialty Martinis is very long. I don't have any of the them on hand. Maybe Sanderson knows? He is always very helpful when it comes to menus and such.

I have never tried a martini and am very curious about it, although I've been told by my boyfriend I probably wouldn't like a standard martini. Would it be possible for anyone that has the list of ingredients in the special martinis to scan it and post somewhere or email to me? I would love to try one or two on our upcoming cruise on Summit.

Thanks!

I acidentally clicked on your thread, but here's a menu from Galaxy listing their martinis.:)

http://cruiseclues.info/galaxy/images/martini-menu.jpg

Thanks!

I don't like REAL martinis either. But the new "specialty ones" are more like concentrated drinks. The best I've had on Celebrity ships are: Le French Martini, The Van Gogh Flirtini and the Watermelon Martini. They are all vodka based as I hate gin.

They have a martini tasting, usually the very first night of the cruise in the martini bar where you get tiny samples of a few different martinis to try.

Have a great time and enjoy your cruise.

Anne Maria

Archived