OK~Please Tell Me All About The SUMMIT

Lois R

:D Hi! Mari and I are going on the SUMMIT in October~Yipppeee!

For those of you who have sailed her, can you fill us in on the good things?

I have been on Constellation so I know they are Sister Ships. I loved the Connie:)

What makes SUMMIT special to you? Oh, how is the MARTINI BAR?:D ;)

LOIS - CONGRATULATIONS. I am so jealous!!! Maybe I'll stow away!!!:D

Well, I'm sure the Summit looks almost exactly the same as the other M Class Ships except for the interior colors.

If you liked/loved Constellation, you will like/love Summit.

We sail her in 66 more days, so I can tell you more after that.

Did I tell you I am jealous. You and Mari both better have a Van Gogh Flirtini for me in the Martini bar.

Anne Maria

wow, you sail again in 2 months?? You just went last week.....did I tell you,

I AM JEALOUS:D ;) :)

Hi Lois!

You'll love the Summit. Everyone is so friendly and helpful. Martini bar there is great as well! There is nothing not to like!

Have a wonderful time!!!

Michele :)

P.S. Guess you're not considering the Zenith for Thanksgiving anymore then huh? :(

Hi Michele:) nope, not Thanksgiving.....but I am sure you will have a wonderful time:)

I am considering her in Feb though;) a friend is turning 50 on that cruise and I have been invited.

LOIS - CONGRATULATIONS. I am so jealous!!! Maybe I'll stow away!!!:D

Well, I'm sure the Summit looks almost exactly the same as the other M Class Ships except for the interior colors.

If you liked/loved Constellation, you will like/love Summit.

We sail her in 66 more days, so I can tell you more after that.

Did I tell you I am jealous. You and Mari both better have a Van Gogh Flirtini for me in the Martini bar.

Anne Maria

Anne Maria,

You can stow away with us anytime!

Heck, we're jealous, you get to sail again real soon.

We'll expect a full report about the Martini Bar!

Haven't tried a Van Gogh Flirtini yet, but will surely have one for you.

Mari

Mari and Lois,

I know I should be thankful I am cruising again in 2 months, but I fear that this might be our last cruise for at least a year or so.......with the prices the way they are in "prime time" and that being the only time we can sail because of Anthony, Celebrity is just putting themselves out of reach. It is going to be a very hard cruise withdrawal taking 2 so close together.

My husband discovered the Van Gogh Flirtini on Mercury. I had a sip and was hooked. Can't wait for another 66 days!!!!

Don't worry I will give you ladies a full report on Summit when I return and I will warn the crew that you are coming.

Anne Maria

We have been on the Connie 2xs and were on the Summit 4/11-4/22. We found the Connie the nicer of the two. We were in Cabin 8183 and had mold in our shower as well as on our balcony. I often left the bathroom door just to get in there. There was always a fowl smell in the hallway on our deck. The deck was never cleaned and you could barely see through the glass due to the salt on it. As you look out over the railing the white canapies below were dirty . Most railings are in need of being refinished. I did mentioned it to the Captains Club desk but nothing was ever done about. This was my 10th cruise with X and the first where we didn't feel special. Also the frames that support the glass on the elevators [ outside area] is so rotted it is surprising the glass is staying in place. The overall condition of the ship is poor compared to the other X ships.

Lois, we were on the Summit over Thanksgiving of 2003 on the 10-day Southern Caribbean itinerary and on the Constellation last July/August on the 14-day Baltics trip. Both were great, and are our two favorite ships ever. And that includes SeaDream I (formerly Seabourn's Sea Goddess I). Of the two, we probably liked the Summit a little more because the art was funkier and very creative and often humorous. I also liked Summit because I won the Blackjack Tournament! The Martini Bars are almost identical and are fantastic. The Summit's party band (Voltz?) was very good, especially the female lead singer, although the Connie's band (Onyx?) was also outstanding. We've been on three Celebrity cruises in the past year and a half and it's hard for me to keep the bands straight. :confused: We couldn't find anything wrong with either ship in regards to maintenance or service. You'll love it!

Allen

Lois

Lucky you

I am recently back from the Summit (1-11 April) and found it in really great shape. I can vouch for the Martini Bar - and my Seapass Card can as well. It is a favourite haunt of the Celebrity Dancers so if you want to get to know them it is very easy

AJ

Hi Lois,

We just got off the 11 night Caribbean on the Summit on April 22nd. I too can report that, yes indeed, the Martini Bar and the Champagne Bar were always packed by the late seating crowd before dinner. Pictured are several different libations from our cruise. The Van Gogh Flirtini was very good, as well as all the others.:D

attachment.php?attachmentid=7707&stc=1

We have been on the Connie 2xs and were on the Summit 4/11-4/22. We found the Connie the nicer of the two. We were in Cabin 8183 and had mold in our shower as well as on our balcony. I often left the bathroom door just to get in there. There was always a fowl smell in the hallway on our deck. The deck was never cleaned and you could barely see through the glass due to the salt on it. As you look out over the railing the white canapies below were dirty . Most railings are in need of being refinished. I did mentioned it to the Captains Club desk but nothing was ever done about. This was my 10th cruise with X and the first where we didn't feel special. Also the frames that support the glass on the elevators [ outside area] is so rotted it is surprising the glass is staying in place. The overall condition of the ship is poor compared to the other X ships.

Geeze, what a bummer, we will sail on the Summit in just three days, maybe they will have fixed her up:D

Phil

Hi Lois,

We just got off the 11 night Caribbean on the Summit on April 22nd. I too can report that, yes indeed, the Martini Bar and the Champagne Bar were always packed by the late seating crowd before dinner. Pictured are several different libations from our cruise. The Van Gogh Flirtini was very good, as well as all the others.:D

attachment.php?attachmentid=7707&stc=1

Bill, what a man! Doesn't take pictures of the food, just the important stuff:D Photos of the food never does it justice, but the drinks? Mmmm:cool:

Phil

You will love the Summit. Be sure to look at the thread about favorites on the Summit. Are you on the October 23 sailing of the Summit from LA to Ft. Lauderdale? We have a busy thread at the roll call going and we'd love for you to join us!

Hi Phil,

Yeah, you are so right!!! But someone has to do the dirty work!!!;)

Bill, what a man! Doesn't take pictures of the food, just the important stuff:D Photos of the food never does it justice, but the drinks? Mmmm:cool:

Phil

Hi Lois -- I think you will really enjoy the Summit. We are going on her next March for the 4th time. Actually, haven't been on any other M class ship yet :) When we finished our Southern Caribbean cruise this past March we found Summit to be in good condition. Sure some of the outside railings need varnish -- but who cares ;) As usual she was being cleaned thoroughly every day. We have never had any incidents of mold in the shower or any problems with our stateroom.

The Martini Bar is obviously the place to be before dinner. Our group of 10/12 were there every night and our waiter had "our" table all ready for us when we arrived promptly at 7:00 each night.

It was interesting this time, though -- there seemed to be more "before" dinner shows (for late seating) than before. I believe at least 4 nights (out of ten) the show was before dinner rather than after dinner. I actually like that, but it cut down our Martini Bar time :D

I'm sorry to say I never got to the Cirque experience. Maybe next year.

The food and service in the dining room were as good as we have had in the past and, of course, the Normandie Restaurant is really worth the extra money.

You will have a great time.

Lucy

P.S. Summit used to be a "well kept" secret :D But, somehow the word got out about how wonderful she is :cool:

Hi folks:) thanks for all the replies! I know we are going to be in the Martini Bar......geee Bill, you want to tease me anymore?;) Look at those DRINKS!

We had a very social group onboard (nicknamed the Lushes, as one of my fellow tablemates confined in me).:D

Hi folks:) thanks for all the replies! I know we are going to be in the Martini Bar......geee Bill, you want to tease me anymore?;) Look at those DRINKS!

and that isn't the way to start my day. A month ago I awoke with the room spinning about 80 mph & resembled Yellowstone's geyser with how sick I was laying there. I could not move for 3 days! We were told VERTIGO, fluid in the inner eye & to lay on a warm heating pad for at least an hour on both sides.

Week later I was OK enough to drive myself to the ERN doc. He stated that I looked fine, good coloring 130/70 blood pressure that is fabulous for 55, but he wanted blood work & the Cat Scan of my head. He gave me sea sick pills 100 in a bottle to take 2 daily til gone. Bendryl before bed to clear my sinuses as he doesn't push prescripts on folks.

I feel fine............

Now I am excited for Summit getting us as the 3rd M Class we will be on, but not til 11/20 doing Transcanal LA-FLL. I am noticing only 6 folks with us.....

OH MY GOODNESS:D Judy, we are sailing together! 10-10-05. Mari and I started a ROLL CALL.......Please come say HELLO:) And we are trying to get Linda (L11) and her hubby Gerald to go with us too!

We sailed 11night Summit oct/nov 2004. It was in great shape & that was before dry dock. No mold, windows clistening. The martini bar was the best. I had my first martini ever there. Each night the waiter would greet me by name & bring me my creamy chocolate martini. :p Go and enjoy, as I know you will.

Macop, wow, what an ordeal:eek: I am glad you are better:)

Mari, did you see, Judy is on our cruise too:D Judy, please come over to the ROLL CALL!

Creamy Chocolate Martinis~YUMMMMYYY! Who is the bartender in the Bar? I mean, is there a special one? Like Sudi on the Connie? Or Erol on Century? Does the Summit have a FAMOUS Bartender?

Bill, a lush? LOL I could be called that on a cruise too;)

Lois..........the Summit is a wonderful ship, but...........it is showing it's wear a little. We did see railings in need of painting and some carpeting that needed to be repalced, but that's too be expected when any ship spends 365 days in the salt air. The Contellation was prettier in our opinion, but the crew on the Summit was far superior. Our butler was the best, our room steward was wonderful. We had great dining personel. The cruise director and many of his staff were better than most in the past.

The pool band was not as good as Onyx. In fact they really were not very good, but that won't ruin anything. The singing duo was only ok. We have seen much better musical entertainment on X before, but remember they all change and move around. Nothing short of everything being bad can ruin the cruise. That is unless it's raining and you fall down the gangway that hasn't been properly prepared with non-slip carpeting and personel to assist you.

Ron

We have been on the Connie 2xs and were on the Summit 4/11-4/22. We found the Connie the nicer of the two. We were in Cabin 8183 and had mold in our shower as well as on our balcony. I often left the bathroom door just to get in there. There was always a fowl smell in the hallway on our deck. The deck was never cleaned and you could barely see through the glass due to the salt on it.

16_3_122.gif..........I bet the smell in the hallway was dinner!

Archived