Bermuda in October?

JAMESCC

Ok my wife and I are really getting bit by the cruise bug, it really is a very powerful drug. I know everyone on here knows about it.

Anyway because of circumstances we won't have vacation together till October. I was just looking at Explorer[we are from NJ] on October 21 for 7 days to Bermuda. We both LOVE Bermuda actually so the destination is fine. I'm wondering overall how is Bermuda in October? Weather wise how is October? There are some incredibly INSANE prices this time a year. I mean I was stunned to see the great prices. If this works out well we will cruise this time a year all the time. Thanks for any help.

We have gone to Bermuda the last 6 years in October, once the first week of November. The weather has always been perfect. Low 80's, plenty of sunshine and the water temps still perfect for swimming.

Enjoy.

We're going the first week of october this year and CAN"T wait.

We need our fix !!!

Ok my wife and I are really getting bit by the cruise bug, it really is a very powerful drug. I know everyone on here knows about it.

Anyway because of circumstances we won't have vacation together till October. I was just looking at Explorer[we are from NJ] on October 21 for 7 days to Bermuda. We both LOVE Bermuda actually so the destination is fine. I'm wondering overall how is Bermuda in October? Weather wise how is October? There are some incredibly INSANE prices this time a year. I mean I was stunned to see the great prices. If this works out well we will cruise this time a year all the time. Thanks for any help.

We have gone to Bermuda the last 6 years in October, once the first week of November. The weather has always been perfect. Low 80's, plenty of sunshine and the water temps still perfect for swimming.

Enjoy.

We're going the first week of october this year and CAN"T wait.

We need our fix !!!

Oh EXCELLENT info! Thank you very much. Low 80's is perfect for us, we are both not into the real hot weather. We are working out our vacations and plans now. We want to try a promenade room, ever have one? Thanks again for the info, appreciate it very much.

Jamescc....I know exactly what you are talking about...we got off our S. caribbean cruise mid March and could not stand the idea of not cruising for a full 12 months...our anniversary is in the fall, so we always take a long weekend somewhere to see the fall colors....4 nights of a Mi color tour was going to be more expensive than a 7 day cruise to Bermuda...so guess what we decided?..we are going bargain basement and driving to port (13 hours) with an inside cabin on deck 10..for $387 per person...(we had promenade rooms on the Mariner and loved them!) I want Bermuda to become a fall ritual for us as well...caribbean in the winter, Bermuda in the fall! I just know my hubby will agree with that plan as soon as he sees the pink sand beaches! Have a wonderful time...you are so right when you say cruising is a drug...

Remember that the weather in Bermuda will be more like North Carolina than the Caribbean.

Weather Underground will give you seasonal averages which are better than one time experiences.

Have not had a promenade. Too bad you didn't look last month.

We started with an inside for $399.00/ moved to balcony gty for $629.00. Just got our assignment , D2 deck 7. We are very happy.

Once you book, keep watching the prices until final payment is due. You can always upgrade if balconys drop again, and you are very welcome !!! Happy cruising !!

Good luck.

Oh EXCELLENT info! Thank you very much. Low 80's is perfect for us, we are both not into the real hot weather. We are working out our vacations and plans now. We want to try a promenade room, ever have one? Thanks again for the info, appreciate it very much.

We've been in Bermuda mid/late October. Weather is better than fine. Enjoy!

Excellent thank you as well. You guys have all made me feel much better about going in October. We had no choice anyway but its good to know everything is good still in October.

. . . just remember . . . . that is still hurricane season . . . I've been on the Grandeur when it was doing 5/9's out of Norfolk and Baltimore (2004 and 2007). There is the potential of a storm coming up the Atlantic coast. But - this year, the probability appears to be rather low. At that time of year, the ride there can be slightly bumpy, but usually the ride back is better due to the prevailing winds.

I too, think you'll be fine in October, but I don't think it will consistently be 80 degrees. I've been as early as April, and as late as late September, but after 11 visits (all by air except this last trip this week by cruise) I have found the very best weather is late May through early September. As someone mentioned previously hurricanes are a threat through the time you are planning to go, but you should be fine. Heck there is a tropical storm out there right now which I understand should make for some interesting weather for the Enchantment of the Seas. I'm so glad we had great weather this past week, but I do feel bad for those experiencing rough seas with "Alberto".

Hurricane season is from june thru november which is pretty much the entire tourist season (weather wise) for Bermuda. If I worried about that, I'd never get there. As I mentioned earlier, we go every fall in october and have always been blessed with amazing weather.

We did only once have extremly rough seas going as we got caught between 2 storms. Almost 30 foot swells for a solid day and a half, when we arrived in Bermuda it was blue skies and lots of sunshine. That didn't deter us either :)

I wish you the best weather possible.

We also wish you the best weather however, that was not our experience in 2006 out of Boston on the Jewel the last week of October. The seas were very rough. Most upper outside areas were closed and barf bags were everywhere. The public bathrooms stunk so badly that even those who were not sea-sick got sick due to the horrible smell.

Hope you have better luck, the seas are so unpredictable at that time of the year.

###

We booked the Explorer for the 10/28 sailing, and I was a little concerned about the weather too. This date is the best time we can go this year, and the rates were fantastic. I got a corner aft cabin! :D Just keeping my fingers crossed, the weather is nice. We have been wanting to see Bermuda for some time now, and it's time to get it off our bucket list!

We were just in Bermuda 2 weeks ago.

While the air temps were great, the water was a bit chilly.

The good new is that we had several beaches to ourselves.

WE've been there in July and it was TOO HOT!

I think October would be the better time to go. ;)

2 out of our 3 Bermuda cruises had been in October & on much smaller NCL ship - with the most recent one/last week on the Explorer - encountering rough seas, rain showers and wind are possible throughout the year - complex weather pattern that neither the Captain, ship nor we can predict/have control over it.

We're had rough seas going out once & 2nd. time on the return, seas averaging 10 to 15 ft. & higher, a bit of tossing & hand rail holding - half empty MDR & long wait for room service, LOL - Bonine washed down with ginger ale & saltine crackers for DW, etc. and earned our sea legs. We had a lower deck, mid-ship stateroom last week and felt very little motion despite moderate sea for less than a day during the return journey.

These mega ships, do "weather" the average storm much better - October is the tail end of peak hurricane season, so who knows - worst case scenerio is RCCL decide to divert & head for alternate ports/change in itinerary (unplanned New England/Canada being cited with lots of #*@%) - but hey, I rather be on it than to deal with the "zoo" at the office.

Weather is nice in October, lowered humidity, cooler temperatures - 70's and low/mid 80s - always the chance of passing shower (gone within 15 to 30 minutes) and clouds. We travel with the mindset that plan C will kick-in should B isn't enough, thus enjoy the time - someone else doing the cooking & cleaning.

You will be fine - there are still many places for us to explore in Bermuda on our own & then return to our luxury floating hotel at the dock ...

I think alot of us here on CC who do the Bermuda route always fear that itinerary change to canada/new england. Only because we have tropical set in our minds. I think it was last year that an NCL ship diverted and headed to the bahamas which was so much better since all their warm weather clothes etc.. had been packed.

One thing positive if it was new england, they would have had some great lobster!!!

2 out of our 3 Bermuda cruises had been in October & on much smaller NCL ship - with the most recent one/last week on the Explorer - encountering rough seas, rain showers and wind are possible throughout the year - complex weather pattern that neither the Captain, ship nor we can predict/have control over it.

We're had rough seas going out once & 2nd. time on the return, seas averaging 10 to 15 ft. & higher, a bit of tossing & hand rail holding - half empty MDR & long wait for room service, LOL - Bonine washed down with ginger ale & saltine crackers for DW, etc. and earned our sea legs. We had a lower deck, mid-ship stateroom last week and felt very little motion despite moderate sea for less than a day during the return journey.

These mega ships, do "weather" the average storm much better - October is the tail end of peak hurricane season, so who knows - worst case scenerio is RCCL decide to divert & head for alternate ports/change in itinerary (unplanned New England/Canada being cited with lots of #*@%) - but hey, I rather be on it than to deal with the "zoo" at the office.

Weather is nice in October, lowered humidity, cooler temperatures - 70's and low/mid 80s - always the chance of passing shower (gone within 15 to 30 minutes) and clouds. We travel with the mindset that plan C will kick-in should B isn't enough, thus enjoy the time - someone else doing the cooking & cleaning.

You will be fine - there are still many places for us to explore in Bermuda on our own & then return to our luxury floating hotel at the dock ...

I was coming here to ask this very question! We have a Sept cruise booked at a very good price but in checking that price saw the balcony guarantee for 629 and we are wondering about changing from the earlier date. The price difference is about 300 as long as I can transfer my CandA savings cert. I'm not sure if allowed since I used it to book the Sept date. It is also good for the Oct cruise.

We were in Bermuda last October on a 7-day sailing out of NY on the NCL Gem that left NY in the middle of the month. The weather in Bermuda was wonderful, what I call perfect "walking around" weather. Warm enough for shorts and polo shirts, not so hot that we were uncomfortable, and not muggy, either. Warm enough to sit on the beach and to swim, although we did not go out on any snorkel excursions so I don't know if the water temps in deeper waters may have been a little cool.

I can't imagine being in Bermuda when it's really hot and muggy, frankly; that's not my idea of a good time.

On the way back to NY, we hit that freak Nor'easter that was dumping snow in the city in October (!!), so the seas that last night were quite rough. But that can happen anytime.

Have a great trip!

GemCruiseOct2011703.jpg

(photo by turtles06)

I think alot of us here on CC who do the Bermuda route always fear that itinerary change to canada/new england. Only because we have tropical set in our minds. I think it was last year that an NCL ship diverted and headed to the bahamas which was so much better since all their warm weather clothes etc.. had been packed.

One thing positive if it was new england, they would have had some great lobster!!!

And they do! I have done the actual Canada/NE 3 times and it is a very nice cruise. I think the first time St. John was used as a port was due to a diverted Bermuda cruise a while back!

We just booked Grandeur 7-nights to Bermuda for August '13. While we are so hoping that we will actually get to Bermuda, we are very aware that if weather dictates a change of itinerary, we could very possibly end up in NE/Canada (been there, done that, but wouldn't be upset to go again,) or even Bahamas. We have been wanting to do a Bermuda cruise for years, but it kept getting put on the back burner. Hopefully we will finally get there next year!

Hummm, I think I'll throw in some warmer clothes, just in case. May as well since we're driving to the port and can take whatever we want;):D

• 1 year later...

My husband and I will be cruising to Bermuda in October 2013. This will be our third cruise to Bermuda. The first time we went in October 2011. I really liked Bermuda in October. The second cruise was in September 2012. Although, I still loved Bermuda, I liked being there in October more. So this year we are sailing out on October 18th I am so looking forward to it as we only do it once a year. I don't like to fly so as long as they have cruises out of Boston, they are for me. I also like it in October because it was less crowded. Only a few children that I actually did see and no teenagers or college students, which to me is wonderful considering I have two at home and between them and their friends I could sure use a break from all that for a week. I thought the temps were just fine in October, a little too hot in September. We had just arrived after a hurricane so we didn't get to go to far out in the water because it was pretty rough although the sail out there wasn't rough at all in September, but I did find it to be a little more choppy in October. Oh well, that's why I have my transderm scop. All in all October is a great time to go plus my birthday and anniversary are in this month so it's two gifts in one.

Archived