Pics of Golden Princess leaving SF today

gcvt

Looks like many people discovered the viewing platform on top of the ship's bridge.

Looks like a nice spot to be when passing under the Golden Gate Bridge.

Looks like a nice spot to be when passing under the Golden Gate Bridge.

Yes, it looked like a beautiful day and the bridge wings would be a great place to be to sail under the Golden Gate.

As an aside, we sailed on the Sea Princess a couple of years ago in July and the journey out from the SF dock to the bridge was the windiest and coldest we would be on the entire cruise. Bitter cold and fierce winds. Still spectacular, but it was great to get back inside after we passed under the bridge.

Yes, it looked like a beautiful day and the bridge wings would be a great place to be to sail under the Golden Gate.

As an aside, we sailed on the Sea Princess a couple of years ago in July and the journey out from the SF dock to the bridge was the windiest and coldest we would be on the entire cruise. Bitter cold and fierce winds. Still spectacular, but it was great to get back inside after we passed under the bridge.

I have to agree with you, it was the best place to be, but, oh, so cold and windy. Absolutely spectacular weather.

Thanks to Greg and Francesca for "being" on the cruise with us I spirit.

Renee

I have to agree with you, it was the best place to be, but, oh, so cold and windy. Absolutely spectacular weather.

Thanks to Greg and Francesca for "being" on the cruise with us "in" spirit.

Renee

I was really tired and iPad's self correcting spelling isn't always good.

If you look REAL close maybe you can see our group on the deck : )

We use this short coastal as part of our extra long weekend (Victoria Day in Canada) for our return trip to Vancouver from San Francisco.

A couple of photos (one from the top of Twin Peaks before leaving the work pier; one as I was walking towards the ship on Bay St.).

P1010519.JPG

P1010537_small.jpg

I made a short video as we went under the bridge. Unfortunately, I don't see a way of posting it on this site. If you would like a copy, please post your email. I do not like to include mine on the boards. I had to lower the quality a little since it was too big to send to another friend.

Would someone please let me know how to load pictures. I always get error messages (probably because they are too big).

Renee

100_0420.jpg.1297eb88d32bd15adaf00dfdeba466ef.jpg

I made a short video as we went under the bridge. Unfortunately, I don't see a way of posting it on this site. If you would like a copy, please post your email. I do not like to include mine on the boards. I had to lower the quality a little since it was too big to send to another friend.

Would someone please let me know how to load pictures. I always get error messages (probably because they are too big).

Renee

Put it on YouTube and the post the link...

For those of you who are following the USS Iowa, here is a link to a live stream. She is scheduled to leave on Saturday around 2 PM. I am disappointed that we (last week's Golden) were unable to see this event unfold. But we did get to see an awesome eclipse from the Lido Deck.

http://new.livestream.com/accounts/725962/events/898014

For those of you who are following the USS Iowa, here is a link to a live stream. She is scheduled to leave on Saturday around 2 PM. I am disappointed that we (last week's Golden) were unable to see this event unfold. But we did get to see an awesome eclipse from the Lido Deck.

http://new.livestream.com/accounts/725962/events/898014

Thanks for the heads up!

I was out at the Palace of the Legion of Honor...and saw her about 5 pm just after she passed under the bridge...saw her going past marin headlands...it was windy though!!

golden7.jpg

golden8.jpg

Thank you again for taking these...brings back memories of the wind in my face going up my nostrils making it hard to breath clinging for dear life on the rails up there! I cannot believe that I wore a skirt that day!

Would love to hear details about what was done during this dry dock.

Lots of carpet and some upholstery in many public areas I believe. The new carpet was obvious as it was generating little fuzz balls all over the place that they seemed to have a bit of trouble keeping up with on vacuuming.

Archived