Princess's beverage package

DROOPALONG

Please clarify, when you go in for dinner do they charge for a soda if you don't have the package... or is it just if your sitting around the pool or in an bar lets say... thanks before I decide if its worth getting I think it will be even if hubby gets a pina colada or two and a soda a day its paid for itself.

• 3 months later...
Is there a way to pre-order the deluxe beverage package? or do I have to wait to be on board?

I've never cruised before so I apologize for the rookie questions I will be posting!

So far, on board.

Once they prove the concept and extend it to the entire fleet, I suspect you will then be able to order it in advance.

No need to apologize for "rookie questions." People here and on your roll call (join it if you have not yet done so) will happily answer any question you may have. And download the "Cruise Answer Book" from the Princess web site to answer many questions you did not know you had. (Link to do that not working at the moment)

Edited by caribill

We are doing a 4 day Sapphire Cruise in January... do anyone know if they will offer the package? someone here said they are offering it on 7 day or more..

I am so excited if they do... my last cruise my booze bill was almost as much as my fare!!

thanks

Is there a way to pre-order the deluxe beverage package? or do I have to wait to be on board?

I've never cruised before so I apologize for the rookie questions I will be posting!

Not online (frankly, their website sucks, as do most cruiselines'). But you can call them and add it to your booking. 1-800-774-6237.

There was free lemonade in the buffet at lunchtime on our last cruise. It was a bit sickly sweet though.

I got the coffee card which was fantastic. Had many hot chocolatres at night. Might consider this too on my next cruise.

• 4 weeks later...

Does anyone know about a free soda card given to gold members? My parents were given one on their last cruise in December (Emerald) and aren't really sure why but didn't complain! lol However, we are wondering if we will get that again on this cruise.

Parents are ruby (I think....cruise #4) and sister and I are Gold (cruise #3). Any insight is welcome! Thanks!

Does anyone know about a free soda card given to gold members? My parents were given one on their last cruise in December (Emerald) and aren't really sure why but didn't complain! lol However, we are wondering if we will get that again on this cruise.

Parents are ruby (I think....cruise #4) and sister and I are Gold (cruise #3). Any insight is welcome! Thanks!

It probably was a gift from their travel agent.

There is no Captain's Circle status that includes a free soda card.

Do all passengers in your cabin have to purchase the same beverage card? And do all passengers have to buy a soda card if only one in your cabin wants one?

How do the milkshakes taste, good like Baskin Robbins or blah like McDonalds? Do they use real ice cream or does it come out of a machine?

There are no restrictions on the non alcoholic beverage packages. One or all in the stateroom can buy them if you wish. DW likes her mocktails so I buy her the package. I like beer so I don't get one for me. The alcoholic packages currently being trialed on the Sapphire and the Star are different. The current rules on these packages are that if one person in the stateroom wants it then all in the stateroom over 21 must buy it.

Do all passengers in your cabin have to purchase the same beverage card? And do all passengers have to buy a soda card if only one in your cabin wants one?
The Ultimate and soda card/sticker are on the honor system. No one else has to purchase it. Unfortunately, some people share which eventually drives up the price for everyone. Edited by Pam in CA

Just a update on the All Inclusive Beverage Package test...We just got off the Crown Princess yesterday. When we boarded in Ft. Lauderdale last Saturday, there were small flyers in the boarding area offering the new package. Having enjoyed on Celebrity last year, we decided to purchase.

A table was set on in the Atrium area (deck 6??) and a long line of cruisers signing up. We did have to purchase for both of us which is what we wanted to do anyway. Someone said it had been offered for the past two weeks. Someone else said it was due to the SuperBowl group on board 2/1 cruise.

Staff still seemed a bit confused and unfortunately, unlike Celebrity, Princess is still requiring you to sign a paper for the drinks (says $0.00)...quite silly but were told it is for control of the inventory and monitoring use.

Enjoyed coffees, water (huge bottles to take off to beach ports!), sodas, juices and lovely wine with dinner, martinis at Crooners. Thanks, Princess, for offering!!!

What was the price?

Currently, the alcohol beverage package is $49US plus 15% gratuity per day, and has to be purchased for the entire cruise, and purchased by all over 21 in the same cabin.

@ teltrainer - that's good news, thanks for the update. When we were on Star, we still had to sign slips too - and it was a bit of a pain as the system is not set up for the package as yet, so each one had to be a special order. A few of our "regular" bartenders just started keeping a running tab for us, and printed one receipt at the end of the evening for all our drinks - made it a bit easier, but it's currently a lot of paperworl for the staff. Hopefully Princess will get their computer/ordering system updated to include the package and reduce the paperwork for everyone. Glad you enjoyed it - we found the package a great fit on Star.