Anyone Back from Copenhagen or Stockholm?

roothy123

We won't be getting air arrangements for our August 11 Baltic cruise for some time. However, I've been snooping around, trying to figure out what the flights to Copenhagen are, and flights back from Stockholm. SO - has anyone flown there with Oceania, especially from the Washington DC or near by area? It appears that SAS/United has some good flights. Does Oceania tend to use United?

I'm vaguely aware of the option of paying extra for flight deviations, but I don't know the specifics. I assume I can't simply pick out the flights I want, on any airline, and get those, but just how much flexibility is there likely to be?

I'm vaguely aware of the option of paying extra for flight deviations, but I don't know the specifics. I assume I can't simply pick out the flights I want, on any airline, and get those, but just how much flexibility is there likely to be?

I do not have the answer to your first question but YES you can select the flights you want and pay the deviation fee ...there may or may not be an upcharge for the flights

I would also fly in at least 1 day early if possible

I would ask your TA to see what flights O will give you for the dates required

Then if not what you want ask for the flights you want and see if there is any extra fee

There are several discussions here on how the deviations work with O

Do not waste time if you think you will be unhappy with the flights ;)

It's kind of late now. Oceania will provide reasonable flights as part of your cruise package. If you want to arrive earlier or stay on after a cruise you request a deviation and for a small fee O provides earlier info as to flight arrangements they offer to provide. If you accept you pay them the fee.

If you want specific flights- O will tell you the surcharge for those flights.

LH 0823 W COPENHAGEN, DENMARK 05JUL 09:15AM FRANKFURT, GERMANY 05JUL 10:55AM

LH 0470 W FRANKFURT, GERMANY 05JUL 02:10PM TORONTO, CA 05JUL 04:50PM

These are our deviation flights home. No upcharge. We were late requesting so couldn't get the direct flight to Toronto.

Mo

Actually, we ARE going to Copenhagen a day earlier, courtesy of the travel agency I found, so that's a good thing, even if the flights aren't ideal.

Yes, I guess at this point it's a little late to get great flights, even with a deviation, so we are going to sit tight and see what Oceania comes up with. I was just trying to get an idea of what airlines they are likely to use - although I suppose it's possible that varies a bit from city to city. Lufthansa, though, seems to be a common thread for many locations!

Mo, can I assume that you are not flying (or didn't fly) to or from Stockholm?

Thanks for the info!

Actually, we ARE going to Copenhagen a day earlier, courtesy of the travel agency I found, so that's a good thing, even if the flights aren't ideal.

:confused::confused:

So are they using Oceania air?

Did they book a hotel for you or was it one of the "FREE" hotel offers from Oceania?

Seems strange for them to book you a day early & not tell you

Unless you are confused with the timing....you pretty much have to fly out the night before the cruise to make it to Copenhagen for the cruise

Lyn

Roothy 123

We are flying into London. We had already been assigned flights before we did the deviation as we were on Regatta when the switch was made and I would not pay the internet fees to do the research. There is a direct Copenhagen - Toronto but it was full. We did the deviation in order to stay longer.

Our Oceania assigned flights had us routed through Iceland.....works well for Toronto but not many other places, if any.

Mo

Lyn - I used a site in which you enter which cruise you're interested in and then receive bids from companies. One company that responded gave me a good price, plus a free night in Copenhagen at the Marriott Hotel. Earlier, they had booked cabins with Oceania, and (apparently) paid for a deviation and night at the hotel. When they gave me their bid, that information was included. Everything is through Oceania. The flying to Copenhagen a day early was the primary reason I decided to go with that company, as the jet lag involved in going to Europe really kills me, and even if I sleep through Copenhagen, I will be able to begin my cruise in a little better shape!

Mo - When I pulled up flights from Washington DC to Copenhagen on Kayak, I noticed that there were a lot of Icelandair flights. I suppose my chances of flying that airline are good, based on your experience!

Lyn - I used a site in which you enter which cruise you're interested in and then receive bids from companies. One company that responded gave me a good price, plus a free night in Copenhagen at the Marriott Hotel.

sound like the free hotel deal that Oceania was offering but at least you will be there a day early to get over the jet lag

I am sure the flights will be fine

DH suffers on the way I suffer when we arrive home ;)

Enjoy the trip

Archived