Breakfast for early risers

jasbo49

Greetings:

Can anyone tell me when the buffets open in the morning on NCL cruises? Since the Blue Lagoon is open 24 hours, can I assume they have breakfast early? I'm still an early riser after getting up at 5 a.m. for work for the past two decades. Just wondering what I can do for an early bite. We're on the Jewel bound for Alaska this Saturday (5/26), if it matters. Thanks in advance.

Jim

xenagurl recently posted all the Freestyle Dailies from a May cruise on the Star to Bermuda. Assuming NCL ships keep similar hours, the Daily lists:

buffet 7am-noon

The Grill (buffet) 8-10:30 am

dining room 8-10 am

Blue Lagoon - always open

Room Service - always open (check if there is a fee for very early delivery)

Greetings:

Can anyone tell me when the buffets open in the morning on NCL cruises? Since the Blue Lagoon is open 24 hours, can I assume they have breakfast early? I'm still an early riser after getting up at 5 a.m. for work for the past two decades. Just wondering what I can do for an early bite. We're on the Jewel bound for Alaska this Saturday (5/26), if it matters. Thanks in advance.

Jim

The Dailies list something for Early Risers at 6 a.m. in the Garden Buffet area. This might only be Continental style with coffee, tea, juice and made daily pastries.

The regular Garden Buffet breakfast begins at 7 a.m., not terribly convenient when you've got 3 port days that begin at the same time :cool:

Room service is 24/7, but between midnight and 5 a.m. there is a nominal charge, (beyond what you might offer as a tip):

Coffee, Tea, Iced Tea, Milk, 3 egg omelet with choice of ham, onions, peppers, mushrooms or cheese.

Besides cold cereals and a nice handful of non-traditional breakfast munchies, Blue Lagoon features an Express Breakfast, (probably similiar to MDR but somehow MDR and express seems an oxymoron), wonder how many pax will be there around 6 or 6:30 AM? for:

Chilled juice, yogurt, scrambled eggs with bacon, assorted pastries, coffee, milk and tea...enough to provision yourself for the short haul :D They also have French Toast or Waffles with Maple Syrup, the make your own omelet as in the Room Service Menu and this heartier fare:

Blue Lagoon Full House with 2 eggs any style, bacon and link sausage, baked beans (?), grilled tomato (?), sauteed mushrooms, hash browns. Toast and Hot Chocolate are also available if there's any room left!

Some Blue Lagoons only have the breakfast option from 7 a.m. to 11 a.m., so not too handy in this case. You could, however order one of their tasty Toasted Proscuitto and Mozzarella Panini with some of the freshed and most bracing hot coffee to be found anywhere on the ship...

Although Blue Lagoon is open 24 hours (O'Sheehan's on Epic), I think they have a definite "start time" for breakfast, but if I remember correctly, it was pretty early. One of my favorite experiences on our Gem cruise was having breakfast alone in Blue Lagoon and spotting some dolphins outside the window! The menu includes continental options, but also hot food like omelets and waffles. Have a great time!

My wife and I are early risers, she is normally coming back from the gym around 6:30am. The Garden Buffet on the Gem opened at 6 am, cold cereal, rolls etc... At 7 am they hot stuff came out.

Thanks, one and all. I'm not so much into getting full as having something to nibble on and some coffee and juice until my wife wakes up a few hours later. Sounds like the buffet is kind of like Carnival's where there are minimal munchies at 6 and breakfast at 7. I can live with that as long as there's coffee in the room (which I'm told there will be in a balcony cabin).

Again, thanks everyone. And Casey, I posted this here so I wouldn't have to bug you again on the roll call thread. As someone already mentioned, you want something done, give it to a busy person.

Jim

Thanks, one and all. I'm not so much into getting full as having something to nibble on and some coffee and juice until my wife wakes up a few hours later. Sounds like the buffet is kind of like Carnival's where there are minimal munchies at 6 and breakfast at 7. I can live with that as long as there's coffee in the room (which I'm told there will be in a balcony cabin).

Again, thanks everyone. And Casey, I posted this here so I wouldn't have to bug you again on the roll call thread. As someone already mentioned, you want something done, give it to a busy person.

Jim

Hi Jim!

You have never once bugged me on our Roll Call thread. I truly love the enthusiam pax have for upcoming cruises...Alaska in particular! And heck, who's busy, I've been on vacation from work 4 whole days already :D

Jim

If you don't have a coffee maker in the room, just ask for one. However, they are usually there. If it's just munchies, then room service can bring a pot of coffee (I get two), and as many pastries as you want. I love NCL pasteries. You can leave a note on the door the night before if you wish to have them deliver at a specific time. They will then call you room a few minutes before delivery. As someone said, in addition to you might wanting to give the person a dollar or two tip, there is a service charge now between certain hours during the late night, early morning hours.

Archived