How often does X discount pre-booked bev. pkgs or specialty dining?

Evilgrin72

I read about a 10% off sale on bev. packages in January that I missed - what are the odds that we'll see something similar between now and my November sailing?

Also, I see they sometimes offer a package wherein you can get a reservation at each of the 3 specialty restaurants for $99/pp (saving $11/pp) - do they ever discount those packages deeper or would that be looking a gift horse in the mouth?

TIA.

I've sailed with Celebrity twice this year. On both cruises, specialty dining discount packages were offered on board. The Infinity sailing had two for one specials. The Equinox sailing had a try all three for $70 with 25% off bottles of wine over $40.

I've sailed with Celebrity twice this year. On both cruises, specialty dining discount packages were offered on board. The Infinity sailing had two for one specials. The Equinox sailing had a try all three for $70 with 25% off bottles of wine over $40.

Sounds like I'm pretty clearly better off waiting until I'm on board to book specialty dining then, eh?

In May of 2011 the price of all drink packages went up 10%. I purchased a package before the increase for my cruise in Sept 2011. Then in Jan 2012 there was indeed a promotion of 10% for a brief period.

Since then there has been no futher promotion or increase.

I booked our specialty dining reservations ahead of time.

I'm worried that the days/times that we want the reservations will already be filled up by the time we get on the ship.

Hopefully I can keep my reserved times in the 3 specialty restaurants on the Eclipse, and just have them give me a credit for the difference between the amount I paid and the cost of the discount package.

That's exactly what they will do, or did a year ago. Last summer we waited to reserve Normandie on board...and couldn't get any reservation at all! So I think your plan is best.

My parents are on 2 B2B Solstice sailings ex Barcelona at the moment and I tried to book the speciality restaurants about 1 month prior and could not get anything earlier than a 9pm seating on any of the sea days.

Unless you enjoy dining late booking in advance and then requesting a credit for the discounted rate onboard sounds like good advice, and is what I plan to do for my Solstice cruise in Nov. Which reminds me - I better go book them now...lol

Interesting -- so I should definitely call to book the free specialty restaurant now instead of waiting to see what the menus will look like on the cruise in BLU and the MDR?

We will be on the Reflection -- so which would people recommend we do: Murano, Tuscan Grille or Qsine? It will be our honeymoon, if that would change opinions based on ambiance of the various restaurants, or at least their typical ambiance on S-Class ships, as I would expect that to carry over a good deal. (holy run on sentence. Yikes.)

My understanding is that they only have a limited amount of reservation times available for pre-booking online. That's why times are limited.

We have never pre-booked and have never had a hard time getting a reservation for our time of choice once on board. The specialty restaurants frequently are quite empty and they offer specials once onboard to get you to book - so they can meet their quotas. They will offer 20% off certain nights - especially the first night onboard.

The Maitre'd will be right outside the specialty restaurants and also outside the buffet area ready to take reservations once you board. Do book early in the cruise, though.

If you are celebrating a special occasion I would book the reservation in advance. We have booked Qsine for DHs birthday at 6:30 pm. Last time we ate in Qsine, it was a 3 hour experience so we didn't want to eat too late. Well worth the cost btw.

Interesting -- so I should definitely call to book the free specialty restaurant now instead of waiting to see what the menus will look like on the cruise in BLU and the MDR?

We will be on the Reflection -- so which would people recommend we do: Murano, Tuscan Grille or Qsine? It will be our honeymoon, if that would change opinions based on ambiance of the various restaurants, or at least their typical ambiance on S-Class ships, as I would expect that to carry over a good deal. (holy run on sentence. Yikes.)

Murano is French cuisine.....very elegant and quiet and reserved.

Qsine: Haven't eaten there but it sounds relaxed and fun!

Tuscan Grill: Italian steakhouse theme.....located across the aft of the ship - quite a romantic setting.

Hope this helps you somewhat.

Have a wonderful Honeymoon! :)

We are on a November cruise on the Summit - first Celebrity cruise. I wanted to get some of the money paid ahead of time so have already booked and paid for our two premium liquor packages. I checked with Celebrity in a phone call and was told that if the price was reduced before our sailing, I could simply cancel the purchased packages and rebook the same day. I believe this can be done any time up to four days in advance of sailing.

• 2 weeks later...

Most beverage packages are currently on sale if purchased by June 15, 2012, for sailings through until April 13 (except Century till Jan 13 only).

Please see Celebrity flyer for further details and discounted prices....

http://creative.rccl.com/Sales/Celebrity/General_Info/Special_Offers/12029276_CEL_BeveragePackageOffer_Flyer.pdf

I read about a 10% off sale on bev. packages in January that I missed - what are the odds that we'll see something similar between now and my November sailing?

Also, I see they sometimes offer a package wherein you can get a reservation at each of the 3 specialty restaurants for $99/pp (saving $11/pp) - do they ever discount those packages deeper or would that be looking a gift horse in the mouth?

TIA.

Your lucky day, 10% discount is back on, until june 15th. I just booked packages for 2 sailings in Jan/feb 2013 and saved $260-

Your lucky day, 10% discount is back on, until june 15th. I just booked packages for 2 sailings in Jan/feb 2013 and saved $260-

We are booked for a sailing on the Infinity on 3rd Feb 2013 and on 'My Celebrity' site it won't let me book. It states unavailable.

We are from the UK if that makes any difference.

Does anyone have an insight to why we can't book now.

I would really like to get this discount.

I pounced and pre-booked Premium packages for my November Eclipse sailing. :firedup:

Here are the terms & conditions of the current beverage package discounts from Celebrity's website (shown on their main page if you are on the USA page). There is no reference to availability not available outside the USA. Cardiff....call your travel agent and have them check it out for you!

10% Savings Offer applies to regular price of classic non-alcoholic, premium non-alcoholic, classic, premium, soda and premium bottle water beverage packages on Celebrity cruises departing June 5-April 27, 2013, for which there is beverage package inventory available. Beverage packages must be pre-booked June 1-15, 2012. Service charge applies to select packages. Packages are sold on a per cruise basis, are not sold on a per day or any other basis, and no refunds will be issued for unused amounts. Packages may not be shared, and do not include beverages sold in gift shops, mini-bar or room service. Ordered packages may be modified up to four days prior to sailing by canceling and reordering the package. Cancellations or refunds will not be issued onboard the vessel after embarkation day. Availability of beverage packages varies by ship. You must be at least 21 years of age to purchase any alcoholic package and to consume alcohol. See the terms of our guest alcohol policy. Offer subject to change without notice, not combinable with any other offer, and may be withdrawn at any time.

We are booked for a sailing on the Infinity on 3rd Feb 2013 and on 'My Celebrity' site it won't let me book. It states unavailable.

We are from the UK if that makes any difference.

Does anyone have an insight to why we can't book now.

I would really like to get this discount.

Several other UK guests on CC have already purchased the discounted package - I would also suggest checking with your TA if you used one, or direct with Celebrity in the UK.

We are on a November cruise on the Summit - first Celebrity cruise. I wanted to get some of the money paid ahead of time so have already booked and paid for our two premium liquor packages. I checked with Celebrity in a phone call and was told that if the price was reduced before our sailing, I could simply cancel the purchased packages and rebook the same day. I believe this can be done any time up to four days in advance of sailing.

If you want the sale price I would recommend you cancel and rebook during the current sale. The last sale on beverage packages was at the beginning of this year so IMHO this will be the last sale before your cruise. Enjoy!

Archived