Tenders in Bali

jmlh

Bali (Benoa) is one of the ports we visit on our Australia/New Zealand cruise. I understand that it is a tender port and have a couple of questions for those who may have done this previously. Since we overnight in this port, do tenders tend to run at all times? If we want to meet a private tour at 7:15 am at what time would we have to leave the ship? Do ship tour passengers get priority? Thanks for any information.

We stopped in Benoa last September on the Dawn Princess. We did not overnight.

Are you meeting the tour the first morn or second? If first, when do you get in? 7:15am seems awful early if the first morn. The second morning things should be calmer. I would check with the shore excursion office to find the schedule for the tender that morning. Seems it was 20 minutes or so tender ride. So I would think you would want to be on the tender 6:30am or so.

Check the board for your cruise line, but with most lines passengers on ships tours do have priority. Check the tour schedule, there may not be any early that morning. Also, check to see if you have priority. Rules vary by line, but for instance on Princess, suite passengers and those in the higherst category of the Captain's Circle have priority.

It is the second morning. I called Celebrity to try to determine what time the tenders begin but the rep did not appear to understand my question!!!

So... I can gamble that we will make it off the ship on time or choose a Celebrity excursion. I would really like to do the private excursion I have booked but also need to be on time.

Will you be able to contact the tour operator from the ship? You could find out about the tenders once onboard. Usually, tour operators are aware of the problems passengers have, especially with tender ports.

When Diamond Princess called at Benoa they used the ships tenders, plus a local catamaran that could carry several hundred passengers.

Seemed to work quite well .

However it was a bit of a "zoo" at the Benoa terminal as the last tender was due to leave at, I think 4.30 , and everyone returned at the same time which delayed proceedings quite a bit.

Be sure to double check to be sure you will tender. We were on a different cruise line in 2011 and they tendered but then this year because that area is not very good we ended up going to an area about 45 minutes away which has docking facilities and docked.

Keith

• 4 months later...
Bali (Benoa) is one of the ports we visit on our Australia/New Zealand cruise. Since we overnight in this port, do tenders tend to run at all times?

I have been wondering on this point myself and I cannot find any real answers. We are looking at doing a private tour and the tour operator has asked what time we need to get back on the ship. I would expect that on Day 2 we would be looking at about 4.00pm (given the ship departs at 6.00pm, but Day 1 I am not sure about. I am hoping that the ship will run tenders at least until it gets dark.

Does anyone know?:confused:

Cheers

I have been wondering on this point myself and I cannot find any real answers. We are looking at doing a private tour and the tour operator has asked what time we need to get back on the ship. I would expect that on Day 2 we would be looking at about 4.00pm (given the ship departs at 6.00pm, but Day 1 I am not sure about. I am hoping that the ship will run tenders at least until it gets dark.

Does anyone know?:confused:

Cheers

I would let the tour operator know that you will have to confirm with them via e mail precise times when you are on the ship. In terms of your return pad it because traffic can be very heavy in Bali.

We have been there two years in a row (different cruise line) in 2011 and 2012. In 2011 we tendered. In 2012 we were supposed to tender but we learned while on the ship we would dock about 30 minutes from where the tender pier is. Again, I think you need to leave this with the operator where you send them an e mail when on the ship and you can confirm the final details with them.

Keith

Archived