I'm so excited. I just booked the Brilliance for March 2013

Talk about cruise withdraw, by the time we leave on this cruise it will be 2 years and 3 months since our last cruise. That is the longest we have ever gone between cruises. I am SO excited. I was also able to get cabin 1600, and am looking for any info I can get on that cabin. I know that the Brilliance is a sister to the Serenade, but would love to hear all about her and the differences between the two.

I hope all of you can keep my little thread busy with comments and help me to pass the time until we can leave. Please visit me here often and let me know how you have enjoyed your Brilliance cruises between now and then. 9 months is a long time to wait.

Talk about cruise withdraw' date=' by the time we leave on this cruise it will be 2 years and 3 months since our last cruise. That is the longest we have ever gone between cruises. I am SO excited. I was also able to get cabin 1600, and am looking for any info I can get on that cabin. I know that the Brilliance is a sister to the Serenade, but would love to hear all about her and the differences between the two.

I hope all of you can keep my little thread busy with comments and help me to pass the time until we can leave. Please visit me here often and let me know how you have enjoyed your Brilliance cruises between now and then. 9 months is a long time to wait.[/quote']

Lol, I just booked my cruise for the March 23 sailing on Brilliance.

I'm sailing on Brilliance in Oct 2013 and on Serenade in GS 1600 in May 2013. I LOVE Radiance class ships and am even more excited to sail them post refurbishment.

Here's a thread with pics of 1600: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1343617

Wow Karen, thank you. It really helps to see the pics. It was the unusual shape of the cabin that got me. We have stayed in a GS on the Navigator as well as the two bedroom RFS. It just seemed that this cabin is going to to be greatly different.

Thanks. I've been scouring the travel sites looking for pics of the Brilliance. I am looking forward to hearing about other cruisers experiences on her.

Love the Brilliance. Enjoyed cruises in the Caribbean including Panama and one from Barcelona on this lovely ship.

Photos in the link below.

Enjoy.

Kathy:)

Love the Brilliance. Enjoyed cruises in the Caribbean including Panama and one from Barcelona on this lovely ship.

Photos in the link below.

Enjoy.

Kathy:)

Thanks for the photo link. I enjoyed looking through all of your photo albums. One of my favorite sites to find and post photos. I really liked your dress and venetian mask you had for formal night.

We have sailed on Radiance class ships several times in GS class. We will always try to get 1600 because we really prefer aft cabins. If we can't book it we're completely happy with the other configuration. 1600 is unique and you'll enjoy it.

Karen' date=' you are spoiling me. Thank you so much. I noticed the cut out or door looking area on the wall nest to the closet. There is no knob, any idea what that is?[/quote']

The white wall to the left of the closet has the bathroom on the other side and the wooden door that you can see in the pic that's to the right of the closet is the inside of the open closet door - another mirror and the vanity drawers are behind it.

3580112745_722a544480.jpg

Don't forget to look up above the elevators on Deck 13 to see the neat artwork there. :D

It was fun shopping in Venice for a mask for the Venetian evening; I need to wear my glasses so I just bought something that would match my jacket and not break the bank. LOL.

If you are like me you pass the time waiting for your cruise by making and re-making lists of what you are going to pack. :o

Kathy

• 2 months later...
I believe they put a Park Cafe on the Brilliance. I like the 3 bigger class ships but thePark Cafe makes up for the size. Enjoy.

I just got off the Brilliance on Saturday.

She has not been renovated/refurbished yet.

Talk about cruise withdraw' date=' by the time we leave on this cruise it will be 2 years and 3 months since our last cruise. That is the longest we have ever gone between cruises. I am SO excited. I was also able to get cabin 1600, and am looking for any info I can get on that cabin. I know that the Brilliance is a sister to the Serenade, but would love to hear all about her and the differences between the two.

I hope all of you can keep my little thread busy with comments and help me to pass the time until we can leave. Please visit me here often and let me know how you have enjoyed your Brilliance cruises between now and then. 9 months is a long time to wait.[/quote']

I am also looking forward to my first time on the Brilliance, leaving from SJ in about 3 months. You should search for the thread for your cruise sailing date on the meet and mingle board. I am enjoying one for May 2013 and even one this early for December 2013. It is not too early for those, which may also help you pass the time before your cruise! ;)

Archived