Suite Perks Questions

TerryLP

We are going to be in a suite on the Ruby during the end of June. I have been reading about some of the suite perks, but there are a couple that I was hoping to get some more information about.

1- The Princess site says that suite passengers receive preferred Traditional and Anytime Dining Reservations. How do reservations and preferred reservations differ?

2- I have read that breakfast at Sabatini's is a great perk. Can anyone give examples of any of the special off-menu items that you have requested and received?

Thank you for any information that you can give

I was in a suite last summer and will be again later this month. My favorite things were the breakfast at Sabatinits and the canapes delivered each day to the room. I don't remember exactly what was served except that it was all wonderful. There was a deconstructed eggs benedict (sith salmon instead of canadian bacon), an amazing parfait kind of thing and many little delectable treats. We never requested anything, we let the Maiter'D make suggestions each morning and loved everything we were served. I love breakfast, it is my favorite meal of the day. My sister usually just eats fruit and she became a breakfast lover that week. We had three people serving the two of us and felt very fussed over and special. The free laundry is also a big plus. We wanted early traditional dining and were on a waitlist, as soon as we were upgraded to a full suite we had our early dining time. I will have a hard time "roughing it" in a mini-suite in Panama Canal in December and am praying the upgrade fairy pays a visit before that cruise takes place:)

There is another thread (a few pages back from this one) that says starting the beginning of June, suite passengers will be allowed to eat in one of the speciality dining venues on the first night without the cover charge. I have not seen information on Princess about this - but there were several posts confirming it. Would not hurt to check it out.

I'm typing this from my suite on the Sapphire. We've eaten breakfast at Sabatini's twice. The waitstaff hand you a menu with a variety of choices but you can request something else, if you'd like. The food is delicious and the room is never crowded, typically only 3 -4 other tables occupied at 8-8:30.

There is another thread (a few pages back from this one) that says starting the beginning of June, suite passengers will be allowed to eat in one of the speciality dining venues on the first night without the cover charge. I have not seen information on Princess about this.

The other thread includes a link to the Princess list of suite benefits which includes this perk which is listed as "new."

We are going to be in a suite on the Ruby during the end of June. I have been reading about some of the suite perks, but there are a couple that I was hoping to get some more information about.

1- The Princess site says that suite passengers receive preferred Traditional and Anytime Dining Reservations. How do reservations and preferred reservations differ?

2- I have read that breakfast at Sabatini's is a great perk. Can anyone give examples of any of the special off-menu items that you have requested and received?

Thank you for any information that you can give

Preferred seating means you basically get seated when you want to. We like ATD and called for our time each day and were promptly seated at that time and at a windowtable.

Sabatini's will basically cook what you wish. The actual menu is not extensive. I ordered corned beef hash and it magically appeared even though not on the menu. My DH loves scotch eggs and they came as well. The mimosa's are wonderful. Once you get a suite you will never go back. They are wonderful.

Preferred seating means you basically get seated when you want to. We like ATD and called for our time each day and were promptly seated at that time and at a windowtable.

Sabatini's will basically cook what you wish. The actual menu is not extensive. I ordered corned beef hash and it magically appeared even though not on the menu. My DH loves scotch eggs and they came as well. The mimosa's are wonderful. Once you get a suite you will never go back. They are wonderful.

Was it a different time and table or the same?

When we were on the Island in a Suite, we were having trouble getting any kind of priority when we called. it may have been a staff training issue because it was resolved (sort of) when I made an inquiry at the front desk who contacted the appropriate person.

We also loved the breakfast perk.

A dire warning!! Once you experience a full suite, you will never go back to mini suites or other cabins. Fair warning.

That is what happened to us 5 years ago, when we obtained a "last minute good deal" suite on the Island Princess on a 5 days repositioning trip.

Now, if we cannot afford a full suite, we do not go!!

We have always (one time did not) gotten a call the first afternoon asking us when we would like to eat and if we have a favorite location or table. Before we left the first evening, one of the head waiters has always come over and asked if we liked the table and waiters and if we wanted the same one the following night. They usually would say that it would be waiting whenever we arrived. We usually ate between 7:30 and 8:15.

We use to get free bloodymary's at Sabitini's but last Christmas they started charging.

Was it a different time and table or the same?

When we were on the Island in a Suite, we were having trouble getting any kind of priority when we called. it may have been a staff training issue because it was resolved (sort of) when I made an inquiry at the front desk who contacted the appropriate person.

We also loved the breakfast perk.

We were on the Island in a suite last year as well and had a few issues with the perks. We had no luck in getting the MDR menu for suite service and when I called to have tea service in our room (also a perk) I was told it took a 24 hour notice. I was called back 5 minutes later and told it would be right up. I figured the person had not recognized the cabin # as a suite.

We got our same table every night (#94) but made our reservations at different times..mostly between 7 and 8 pm. We loved the Island.

Thank you all for your information. We have sailed with Princess several times, but have never had a full suite. I just wanted to make sure that we make the most out of the experience. All of your help will make for a better cruise for our family. Thanks again.

You will find a "Suite" book in your room that will outline all the benefits for being in a suite. The laundry perk is wonderful. We used it continuously. Having full breakfasts available in your suite is also nice for eating on the balcony. The fresh flowers are beautiful and exotic. They last all week. Enjoy!

I forgot to mention that the cruise that we were not called re: dinner reservations was a Christmas cruise and I was very disappointed with the cruise. I said I'd never book a suite again over Christmas, but that didn't last long because I booked one on the new Royal for 2013 a month ago. We were on the Dolphin deck which was mainly mini-suites and almost every cabin had four people in them, even the insides (only two that I saw didn't). So, our cabin steward was totally overworked. We had to ask many times for some of the suite perks. The MDR was a mess - large groups staying twice as long as normal. Room service over worked with so many families wanting food for kids. I won't go into everything but decided next time I go over a holiday, I won't have such high expectations.

I was warned about problems other suite holders experienced with getting the MDR menu delivered. I had a heart-to-heart with the room steward the first evening and handed him an envelope containing enough to get his attention. The MDR menu was promptly produced and we never ate another meal in the MDR.

Simply call and have it delivered! :D

Archived