What is the best beach in St. Thomas?

bling19572010

None :p

We like Coki, Magens, and Sapphire in that order for different reasons. For what you describe I would definitely head for Coki. It's so close to Sapphire (10 min drive) you could see both if you wanted to. Magens is on the other end of the island and is also nice and has amenities, it's a part and there is an admission fee of $4 I believe.

Can't go wrong at any of these ;)

My choice for the most beautiful beach would be Magens Bay Beach. Most people congregate right were the taxi drops them off. I would walk down the beach about 100 yards, find a spot and enjoy the views. :)

I would vote for Sapphire. Coki is great too but wifey doesn't like surroundings at drop off - looks like you're in the middle of the 'hood and need to watch your back.

I would vote for Sapphire. Coki is great too but wifey doesn't like surroundings at drop off - looks like you're in the middle of the 'hood and need to watch your back.

Some folks don't feel comfortable with the vendors as they get to Coki while most don't have a problem. My wife doesn't like parking in the small lot where the vendors may be getting supplies out of their trucks so I just park straight ahead at Coral World and walk to the beach from there. If taxiing you could walk to the CW parking lot and go to the beach from there if you feel more comfortable (just a few steps more as it is very close). And the last part of the drive in is through a small residential area that is not glamourous, but that shouldn't sway one from returning to Coki. Just a gorgeous beach but does have a lively vibe.

We've stayed at the Sapphire Beach Resort and although Sapphire is nice (as is Magens), we prefer Coki because of the sheer natural beauty. We've never had a bad experience at Coki but it can get crowded because it is a very small bay. I'm confident that because Sapphire is a bay with 3 condo resorts your wife will find that much more to her liking, my wife felt very comfortable during our week there. No vendors but enough food and drinks and rentals to keep you happy!:p

Caribsun, A police presence at Coki? What does that mean? They always stop in and patrol. Are you suggesting there is something more going on there???

Haven't they been patrolling the area since the shooting back in 2010 and all of the drugs dealings and shadiness they've had there? I've read several articles that said they would have police watching the areas to keep things safe (but yet also read that drug dealings were still happening-back then at least-within feet of the officers and they wasn't doing anything about it).

I'm not sure how the police patrolling the area makes me feel. I have mixed feelings. It could be a good thing to keep you safe, but yet a bad thing because that tells you it's not the best area and needs protected. :(

Caribsun, A police presence at Coki? What does that mean? They always stop in and patrol. Are you suggesting there is something more going on there???

I'm not suggesting anything. When I arrived at Coki there was a police officer sitting in his patrol car. Probable having a doughnut break. :D

Um, you mean Johnny cake break, I think.:) The police stop by every now and then to deter incidents. I was there today, and police car was coming as I was leaving. Didn't see them when I was there. I like the fact that you have several food options, whereas at Magens and Sapphire your choices are more limited. They even have a vegetarian food booth at Coki.

What day are you going to be there and what ship are on? This would depend on where to go. Some, including myself, like Magen's Bay, but with a few ships in, or one Monstrosity of the Seas in, it could be crowded.

Second choice that has all your looking for would be Secret Harbor.

Scott

Archived