Who complains and why?

Worst of the bunch are the sweet darlings who complain about people who justifiably complain, often ending their post with a sarcastic remark. There is a certain standard of service, food, comfort, respect and safety that a passenger should expect for his hard-earned money and not be called “complainers” if they don’t get what they paid for. Better-than-thou angels would yell their heads off if they had been through the same experience as those whom they call whiners but they aren’t capable of putting themselves in another’s place. Until you suffer the indignities of dealing with Carnival employees, you don’t know what you’re talking about. I suggest that those who constantly defend Carnival in regard to passenger complaints go to consumer reports and compare cruise lines.

I’ve had a love affair with cruising for many years logging over 350 days on the deep blue seas and across oceans, for weeks or months at a time, on several lines, with all kinds of disappointments; missed ports, high seas, noisy neighbors, mediocre food, drunks and boisterous passengers (on certain ships.) I have always found something about the cruise to enjoy and have a great time. Sailing more for R and R and adventures in port than for “fun” I ignored certain passengers and kept going back for more. People are let down and voice their disappointments on Cruise Critic hoping that certain cruise lines will take notice and shape up, but it’s of no avail! There will always be takers for the cheapest – and I was one of them 11 or 12 times on Carnival-- but my cruises on other lines have made the difference clear.

Sad to relate that came the day when I was treated with contempt by medical staff and other employees after coming down with a horrific illness that left me unable to function normally for three weeks. Having now been subjected to the insults and indignities that others have described in their “complaints” both during and after my cruise, I can say that the reputation of each cruise line is usually “earned.” I’ve learned the hard way. To quote many others, “I will never sail Carnival again.”

So think twice before you slam a “complainer.” You could be the next to change your mind.

You cant get rid of the cheerleaders who will flame anyone who reports having a bad experience about something with Carnival. I've been there and learned the hard way too, that what I thought was such a bad experience, I had to think about ever doing Carnival again .. but I had 3 more booked at the time that would have cost me money to cancel.

There will always be cheerleaders who flame anything negative you post on here legit or not.

I have to say I had the best cruise ever on Jewel OTS this last april that it still makes me smile .. while I enjoy Carnival, its so much sameness even on a good cruise, that I get burnt out on Carnival and then need to mix them up .. I used to be a Carnival cheerleader when I was a newbie too and had never encountered a problem.

So let me get this straight- you've started a thread to complain about complainers? Or about complainers who complain about complainers? I'm so confused. :p

I will say that I find on the RCL threads that people are more likely to voice compassion and say oh Im sorry this happened to you or some such.

Carnival threads are more harsh

For me, it isn't that black & white.

I still enjoy CCL, I certainly don't hate it. My last cruise was very nice and I had so little to even think to complain about. My issues are that it is missing a lot of what it used to have. It's the small things and I just feel a lack. I have sailed other lines and seen a difference. I am truly saddened by what I feel is a loss, because I used to hold CCL pretty much on a pedestal.

Old Mickey A. took a line that had a horrid reputation and made it something fabulous...now he's gone and the fabulous went away with him.

My worst issue with the line is the absolutely weird management. Just the whole loyalty program fiasco is such a turn off. I have no problem with any changes they make...that isn't my complaint as I do not care about perks. My issue is the big ordeal they created surrounding this. Three years in the making??? For what?? It's nuts! Everyone is sitting in anticipation because 'The voice' put it out there that there were great changes coming and still we have no clue what's going on.

Their 'voice' trashes customers that have anything negative to say and the beards are fine with this.

The blog and facebook with CCL's name attached are no different than these boards here and I find it odd that CCL is OK with that.

Poor/bad information is given out in those venues and the beards are fine with this.

To me, the coprporate end of carnival is just so different than what it used to be and my impression (which is important when I choose a vacation/cruise) is not a good one anymore. I don't feel like CCL cares about my enjoyment as much as they used to. My impression is they are more tied up in how little they can give me so they can make more.

To me, it's just plain sad.

For me, it isn't that black & white.

I still enjoy CCL, I certainly don't hate it. My last cruise was very nice and I had so little to even think to complain about. My issues are that it is missing a lot of what it used to have. It's the small things and I just feel a lack. I have sailed other lines and seen a difference. I am truly saddened by what I feel is a loss, because I used to hold CCL pretty much on a pedestal.

Old Mickey A. took a line that had a horrid reputation and made it something fabulous...now he's gone and the fabulous went away with him.

My worst issue with the line is the absolutely weird management. Just the whole loyalty program fiasco is such a turn off. I have no problem with any changes they make...that isn't my complaint as I do not care about perks. My issue is the big ordeal they created surrounding this. Three years in the making??? For what?? It's nuts! Everyone is sitting in anticipation because 'The voice' put it out there that there were great changes coming and still we have no clue what's going on.

Their 'voice' trashes customers that have anything negative to say and the beards are fine with this.

The blog and facebook with CCL's name attached are no different than these boards here and I find it odd that CCL is OK with that.

Poor/bad information is given out in those venues and the beards are fine with this.

To me, the coprporate end of carnival is just so different than what it used to be and my impression (which is important when I choose a vacation/cruise) is not a good one anymore. I don't feel like CCL cares about my enjoyment as much as they used to. My impression is they are more tied up in how little they can give me so they can make more.

To me, it's just plain sad.

yes the beards must be so angry that he has 26,000 on FaceBook and 14 million on that blog. There are so many that appreciate his information, help, photos and inside scoop and thats why he has the most popular social media sites. It is never mentioned here on cruise critic that he has won awards or that he gives information that no other lines do like CD schedules, pricing, menus and the fun programs. These things are never mentioned by the usual suspects here. If Heald stopped writing what would you all talk about?

So let me get this straight- you've started a thread to complain about complainers? Or about complainers who complain about complainers? I'm so confused.

lmao!!! :d:d:d

Irony!!

Oh dear Lord...here we go again....

LOLOLOL Just what I was thinking!!!

Makes my point this board is filled with people who feel the need to post snarky comments and nothing else of any value.

Well, I understand your point, but at the same time, who are you to decide what is a justifiable compaint...is there a guidebook?

I love CCL, but am not exclusive to them. I do not consider myself a cheerleader, and did you ever think that those that are cheerleaders are so because nothing bad has ever happened to them? You have no more right to tell people to no bash complainers than they have to bash the complainers.

I hate it when I read about someone that has a bad experience on a cruise, but lets face it, people are different and the same experience is different for different groups of people. Someone can come on here and complain that the waiter was horrible, service was slow and they wouldn't give them anything that they asked for...but you will find that most of the time that people bash is because they don't give enough details. And that it is from their point of view...

I sailed with someone one time that complained about EVERYTHING. I remember going to a party with them a few weeks later and she just bashed the cruise and the cruiseline...she said that she couldn't get anything that she wanted in the dining room, she never mentioned that she consistently asked for things that weren't on the menu and weren't available. But some think that they should be able to get ANYTHING and then complain when it doesn't happen. My favorite is when she complained about missing HMC. CCL HATES to miss this port, this is a HUGE money maker for them with drinks and shore excursions. She said they should have added another port or given them a credit...I guess she just figures that CCL can just pull up at any vacant dock and let you off the ship...point being, she BASHED so many things and I can say that 99% of it was not because of the ship, staff or CCL, but because of her expectations.

I am sorry that you have a medical problem. I did not read your post so I am not sure of the situation but if you were treated incorrectly or ignored than I do not blame you for being upset...but I have also seem someone come in with a scratch and scream and yell about the infirmary because they had to wait behind someone with a gash that they were stiching up...and then complain because they charged her for a band aid...really? If you went to the pharmacy you wouldn't get one for free either.

This is nothing personal toward you, but I really don't think how many times or who you have cruised has anything to do with it. It has more to do with attitude and what suits you. You know what you like and you know when CCL no longer offers that for you. There may be a day when one of the other lines no longer work for you, but until others agree with this or see the same thing you did, they will not understand where you are coming from...after all, seeing is believing and until people experience a bad thing, they simply don't believe they happen.

I hope your health is better and everything is now OK and I hope you continue to cruise and enjoy them with whatever line that is.

I do not have an issue with those that express concerns over their cruise or the changes that are happening, but it is the flamers. Those posters who call others cheerleaders for expressing their own thoughts.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk 2

yes the beards must be so angry that he has 26,000 on FaceBook and 14 million on that blog. There are so many that appreciate his information, help, photos and inside scoop and thats why he has the most popular social media sites. It is never mentioned here on cruise critic that he has won awards or that he gives information that no other lines do like CD schedules, pricing, menus and the fun programs. These things are never mentioned by the usual suspects here. If Heald stopped writing what would you all talk about?

14,000,000???...oh views...so 26,000 viewed 538 blog posts

Look I like the guy...but for him to give bad info...ridicules customers...not good

I don`t think I have ever seen anyone question his heart/kindness....

Well, is there another main facebook or blog other than his that gives out so much information, because if there was, I am sure there would plenty of people on those...when you are only offered one choice, that is the one that most will take.

And HE isn't the problem...it is his minions that feel the need to answer for him. When I asked HIM a question, not only did he message me back but so did multiple other people, none of which I knew or asked their opinions, and which all gave me the wrong info...so maybe John should have a board that ONLY he can post on and no one can reply...and people really do need to stop asking him for favors...that is not his job.

I don't mind the complaints, most of them are very valid to the person and the circumstances.

I had problems on my last cruise and I state my opinion on my trip review when I got back and I didn't get any rude responses from it. I think its all in the way you state something. If you start in the attack or defense mode.........guess how things are going to go from there?

I never make the promise I will forever cruise just Carnival, it just fits me right now, but as many past loyal Carnival cruisers have shown.......things change, so do people and their preferences and what they come to expect. Its a personal choice that no one else should really care about.

The only ones I shake my head at are ones where people are subject to their own ignorance and sense of entitlement. My fav is when people book ES and they didn't take the time to read the rules and then come on here and complain about how bad Carnival is b/c they were the silly goose (trying not to say stupid anymore b/c my brother is trying to teach my nephew not to say it) who didn't read their contract.

However, just b/c someone is ignorant of the facts about what they purchased does NOT give people on these boards to personally attack someone they DON'T know. Its the personal attacks and name calling and plain out disrespect for another human being that really gets my goat.

The only complaints I do not validate are the ones where EVERY little thing was bad...come on ....stay home already

My last cruise wasn`t perfect....I wasn`t going to book CCL again...but I booked a BTB for 2013...mainly the cost and the group of friends I met here on CC

Is NCL on my radar...yup

The only complaints I do not validate are the ones where EVERY little thing was bad...come on ....stay home already

My last cruise wasn`t perfect....I wasn`t going to book CCL again...but I booked a BTB for 2013...mainly the cost and the group of friends I met here on CC

Is NCL on my radar...yup

Those and the ones that don't give you any details, just come on and say CCL was the worse cruise ever and they will never sail them again.

I don't mind the complaints, most of them are very valid to the person and the circumstances.

I had problems on my last cruise and I state my opinion on my trip review when I got back and I didn't get any rude responses from it. I think its all in the way you state something. If you start in the attack or defense mode.........guess how things are going to go from there?

I never make the promise I will forever cruise just Carnival, it just fits me right now, but as many past loyal Carnival cruisers have shown.......things change, so do people and their preferences and what they come to expect. Its a personal choice that no one else should really care about.

The only ones I shake my head at are ones where people are subject to their own ignorance and sense of entitlement. My fav is when people book ES and they didn't take the time to read the rules and then come on here and complain about how bad Carnival is b/c they were the silly goose (trying not to say stupid anymore b/c my brother is trying to teach my nephew not to say it) who didn't read their contract.

However, just b/c someone is ignorant of the facts about what they purchased does NOT give people on these boards to personally attack someone they DON'T know. Its the personal attacks and name calling and plain out disrespect for another human being that really gets my goat.

what makes me LOL is that this is exactly what happens here .

I will say that I find on the RCL threads that people are more likely to voice compassion and say oh Im sorry this happened to you or some such.

Carnival threads are more harsh

I agree. I lurk on many boards but since my next Cruise is Carnival, I hang here the most. But this place takes the cake for hostility.

yes the beards must be so angry that he has 26,000 on FaceBook and 14 million on that blog.

If that's all he has, that's an extremely low number, considering he is a CD about 52 weeks a year, with 3000 to 4000 passengers each week.

Or is that page relatively new?

And 14 million, I assume, are views, so that's not a lot either. I would simply divide 14M by 26K, and that's not too high either, as I think that's been running about 5 or more years now.

I have only been on 2 Carnival Cruises so far and they have been wonderful. I am not interested in becoming plantinum for those trivial perks. I don't mind waiting to embark and bring enough clothes with me so I don't have to wash on vacation (wouldn't want anyone to wash my clothes with other people's clothes anyway). If there was another ship at the time I wanted to cruise out of N.O., I may have cruised that one. I have to say I have no complaints about Carnival. Since it has been 8 years since I cruised, I may notice a difference in the menu, etc. on Carnival. Either way, I am looking to have a wonderful cruise with family and friends. If the menu is not the same, so what. I really don't think it will feel like your are eating at Burger King or McDonald's. Your vacation is what you make it. If you complain about every little detail, than I guest you are just a born complainer and will complain about anything no matter where you are. :rolleyes:

Archived