Who complains and why?

I agree. I lurk on many boards but since my next Cruise is Carnival, I hang here the most. But this place takes the cake for hostility.

lol I so agree. No one can sympathize with the OP, but instead the posts have gone off into well SOME people complain all the time and defending themselves for bashing. The OP did not indicate she had other complaints all the time??!!

Anything to justify flaming. .. even if it has nothing to do with what the OP actually said... they had one issue after many cruises. Even people who hardly cruise are jumping on the bandwagon without any sympathy, about well some people complain all the time .. and anyway .. no complaint is justified, its all in your attitude. geesh.

I know Im guilty too .. and will try to be nicer.

lol I so agree. No one can sympathize with the OP, but instead the posts have gone off into well SOME people complain all the time and defending themselves for bashing. The OP did not indicate she had other complaints all the time??!!

Anything to justify flaming. .. even if it has nothing to do with what the OP actually said... they had one issue after many cruises. Even people who hardly cruise are jumping on the bandwagon without any sympathy, about well some people complain all the time .. and anyway .. no complaint is justified, its all in your attitude. geesh.

I know Im guilty too .. and will try to be nicer.

Jane we are all guilty of one thing or another....lol

I too am trying real hard to be nicer....trying...lol

yes the beards must be so angry that he has 26,000 on FaceBook and 14 million on that blog. There are so many that appreciate his information, help, photos and inside scoop and thats why he has the most popular social media sites. It is never mentioned here on cruise critic that he has won awards or that he gives information that no other lines do like CD schedules, pricing, menus and the fun programs. These things are never mentioned by the usual suspects here. If Heald stopped writing what would you all talk about?

Alan, your comprehension is lacking. I have nothing against Heald. My issues are with CCL management and what they allow. To me, it's all very unprofessional and a total turn off.

Your response has absolutely no relevance to my post that you quoted.

Heck I have a Princess cruise coming up and I find that board to be fairly boring anyway. lol

Will this be your first Princess? I will be happy to hear your thoughts when you get back :)

This is what I don't understand: cruise critic has a board for each cruise line, so if people are that fed up with Carnival, why do you come to the carnival message board. You know you will get people who like carnival to post negitively to your post (the so called cheerleaders) Wouldn't it be more productive to go to another cruise line board and complain about Carnival and that you will never cruise them again. Or are you just trying to start a thread that causes controversy:confused:? Personally I kind of like the controversy threads, it amuses me at how uptight people are. :D Hope you all have happy cruises from now on.

yes the beards must be so angry that he has 26,000 on FaceBook and 14 million on that blog. There are so many that appreciate his information, help, photos and inside scoop and thats why he has the most popular social media sites. It is never mentioned here on cruise critic that he has won awards or that he gives information that no other lines do like CD schedules, pricing, menus and the fun programs. These things are never mentioned by the usual suspects here. If Heald stopped writing what would you all talk about?

What's your point? None of those things have anything to do with someone having a valid complain about carnival.

Does your bat signal go off anytime anything is mentioned about him so you can post comments to contradict whatever was said? Its creepy that you stalk the boards for every post that's mentions him.

We all get it, he helped you out. However he is not God. And I agree with halos. I find his comments to be passive aggressive with intent to stir people up. Most people would be fired for some of the things he says.

This is what I don't understand: cruise critic has a board for each cruise line, so if people are that fed up with Carnival, why do you come to the carnival message board. You know you will get people who like carnival to post negitively to your post (the so called cheerleaders) Wouldn't it be more productive to go to another cruise line board and complain about Carnival and that you will never cruise them again. Or are you just trying to start a thread that causes controversy:confused:? Personally I kind of like the controversy threads, it amuses me at how uptight people are. :D Hope you all have happy cruises from now on.

Did you ever think that maybe most.of the negative complaints are there to warn other people of.their experience? What good would it do to post on a different board? I personally want to read the complaints as well as the good stuff. This board isn't called the positives of cruising. Its for both the good and the bad.

Jane we are all guilty of one thing or another....lol

I too am trying real hard to be nicer....trying...lol

So am I. I do know this though. If someone wants to complain about something, they will do it no matter what. You make your vacation what you want it to be, and I have NEVER had a bad cruise or vacation.

Oh dear Lord...here we go again....

:D Lol, i was just thinking "isn't there currently a 12 page thread going on about this exact same thing?"

OP, i am sorry that you experienced said medical problem....i am just trying to figure out if it was caused by Carnival (directly or indirectly thru neglect). Is that what lead to your ultimate turn off of Carnival?

So am I. I do know this though. If someone wants to complain about something, they will do it no matter what. You make your vacation what you want it to be, and I have NEVER had a bad cruise or vacation.
]

Lucky you. So, you cant stand it if someone does have a complaint?? It cant be valid to you as you posted this time and last .. because you make your vacation and its all about attitude?? How old are you that nothing ever went wrong .. why cant someone have a valid complaint that you can sympathise with without telling someone its all about attitude, (i.e. their complaint is not valid). its a put down, you just cant see it to dismiss what others say like that.

I have been on about 40 cruises vs your 2 cruises that were so great... and I had one that I think things should have been handled better .. so I am wrong .. because I should just suck it up and not allowed to ever find fault? (mine was the one where Ike wiped out my car in Galveston, we had a sub CD and the staff didnt handle things very well .. I still believe it, and I had allowed my HC sister to bring a older HC lady and I had to find a way to get all of us home including a oversized walker and the only help from Carnival to get home from New Orleans, a city at that time I had never been to (we left from Galveston which Ike wiped out remember), was one free phone call, and 12 hours notice, no sleep for 3 days worrying about my sister's seizure meds, and so on.

I think its very naive to keep posting about how no complaint is valid its all about attitude. I dont want to wish a bad cruise on you, but it can happen. You and I might have the same name, but we are so unalike its not funny because I can sympathise with people who had something go wrong without dismissing it.

Try putting yourself in someone else's shoes. You have posted question after question, .. what if you posted a question and people told you to get lost, do a search and other rude comments?? would you like to be dismissed as invalid what you have to say like you are doing to the OP?

]

Lucky you. So, you cant stand it if someone does have a complaint?? It cant be valid to you as you posted this time and last .. because you make your vacation and its all about attitude?? How old are you that nothing ever went wrong .. why cant someone have a valid complaint that you can sympathise with without telling someone its all about attitude, (i.e. their complaint is not valid). its a put down, you just cant see it to dismiss what others say like that.

I have been on about 40 cruises vs your 2 cruises that were so great... and I had one that I think things should have been handled better .. so I am wrong .. because I should just suck it up and not allowed to ever find fault? (mine was the one where Ike wiped out my car in Galveston, we had a sub CD and the staff didnt handle things very well .. I still believe it, and I had allowed my HC sister to bring a older HC lady and I had to find a way to get all of us home including a oversized walker and the only help from Carnival to get home from New Orleans, a city at that time I had never been to (we left from Galveston which Ike wiped out remember), was one free phone call, and 12 hours notice, no sleep for 3 days worrying about my sister's seizure meds, and so on.

I think its very naive to keep posting about how no complaint is valid its all about attitude. I dont want to wish a bad cruise on you, but it can happen. You and I might have the same name, but we are so unalike its not funny because I can sympathise with people who had something go wrong without dismissing it.

Try putting yourself in someone else's shoes. You have posted question after question, .. what if you posted a question and people told you to get lost, do a search and other rude comments?? would you like to be dismissed as invalid what you have to say like you are doing to the OP?

Totally agree. You should post this in every thread where someone is nasty to someone making a complaint.

MYMOTHERSCHILD, could you tell us what happened? Or was that another post?

I don't think I am a "cheerleader" but I have cruised CCL 18 times and have two more booked. So far I have had very few complaints. I guess I am lucky.

I have only cruised Carnival so I guess I don't know how the other cruiselines compare. Like they say "If it isn't broke don't fix it". I keep thinking that I should try a new cruiseline but when I look at the prices I change my mind. Now if I didn't have a good time on Carnival I'd sure try something different, then price wouldn't matter.

Hope you get back and let us know what went wrong. I for one am interested.

Totally agree. You should post this in every thread where someone is nasty to someone making a complaint.

I was just reading another thread where someone posted to pass the popcorn .. which is another way to put down the OP. Or to post back to put butter on it and to make fun at the OPs expense. Or if someone has a complaint to post "any day on a cruise is better than a day at work" again dismissing the complaint and putting down the person who dares make a complaint.

I was just reading another thread where someone posted to pass the popcorn .. which is another way to put down the OP. Or to post back to put butter on it and to make fun at the OPs expense. Or if someone has a complaint to post "any day on a cruise is better than a day at work" again dismissing the complaint and putting down the person who dares make a complaint.

Everytime I see that comment I think those people need to find another job.

I think people need to justify their choices so they attack anyone that they perceive as knocking their choice. And then there are those people that believe the cruise lines can do no wrong and your vacation was bad because of you. I wonder though if they would feel that way if there were on the ship that was adrift for days with no toilets for 24 hours and no electricity.

It's interesting that folks are criticizing those who are questioning the new loyalty plan and cutbacks on Carnival. They are being portrayed as having expectations of freebies, spoiled, and entitled. Yet look at the posts on Facebook and the blog and there is where you will find the folks who are asking for the freebies. Seems many of the cheerleaders are the ones who want something special for their cruise.

Come on.....is this kind of comment really necessary?

I wonder when Mr. Heald shared how many friends he had with this poster. Or, perhaps this poster is confusing friends with fans. :rolleyes:

I wonder how many of these fans he could even recognize by sight and even know their name. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

I wonder when Mr. Heald shared how many friends he had with this poster. Or, perhaps this poster is confusing friends with fans. :rolleyes:

I am sure he didn't, but you can see that info online...

I wonder how many of these fans he could even recognize by sight and even know their name. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

The shirts for the next Heald cruise...and I am certainly not saying anything bad about him as I really like him and we have cruised with him and he has a special place in our hearts as well, but some take it a bit too far...

stalker2.jpg

FIREFLY - Sorry, but I was not bashing the OP. I was talking about some people who seem to always complain about something on every vacation. I may have only went on 2 cruises, but many, many land vacations and many of them with some of the same people who ALWAYS found something to complain about That is what I meant by born complainers. I DID NOT mean that the OP was a born complainer and I apologize to the OP if she thought that. Yes, if you have a legitimate complaint, there is nothing wrong with that. You have a right to complain. I also know that some of my replies may not be what some people believe and vice versa. I do believe that we shouldn't be flamed for voicing our opinion on likes or dislikes or what some wear in the MDR. Everyone is different. Oh, forget to mention that this Jane is a very likeable and caring person.

FIREFLY - Sorry, but I was not bashing the OP. I was talking about some people who seem to always complain about something on every vacation. I may have only went on 2 cruises, but many, many land vacations and many of them with some of the same people who ALWAYS found something to complain about That is what I meant by born complainers. I DID NOT mean that the OP was a born complainer and I apologize to the OP if she thought that. Yes, if you have a legitimate complaint, there is nothing wrong with that. You have a right to complain. I also know that some of my replies may not be what some people believe and vice versa. I do believe that we shouldn't be flamed for voicing our opinion on likes or dislikes or what some wear in the MDR. Everyone is different. Oh, forget to mention that this Jane is a very likeable and caring person.

I know what you mean. My cousin FINDS things to complain about so she can stay and enjoy her week and then complain about how horrible this and that was, actually goes around and takes pictures of things broken/sharp, and she always gets her money back...I REFUSE to go anywhere with her, it is embarrasing and she should be ashamed. But, while not a lot of people do this, some do and they others with legitimate complaints a bad wrap...imagine how many people would want their money back if all you had to do was complain...

Glad someone can see my side of the story. I got to the point that I stopped traveling with the complainers. The minute they would walk into a hotel room, they would found fault and these were 4 and 5 star hotels, not Motel 8 or whatever. Yes, you are right, they want a free ride. Some of these complainers told me they went for a week's vacation, the hotel room cost them over $300 a NIGHT and they wound up spending $50 for the whole week. Honestly, this is pathetic. I just shake my head and roll my eyes :rolleyes:.

Archived