OBC question

We prefer to pay for things in cash. We like to keep our credit cards at a zero balance and just have them available for emergencies. Having said that we will be bringing a credit card on our cruise to secure our S&S account, but I was wondering if I can call Carnival and have cash put onto our accounts as OBC?? I know some people like to use Fun Ship dollars, but that just seems like such a hassle. (for us) I'd like to just be able to call in and have a lump sum placed on our accounts as OBC, since the cruise was paid at purchase. Anyone know if this is possible to do? TIA.

We prefer to pay for things in cash. We like to keep our credit cards at a zero balance and just have them available for emergencies. Having said that we will be bringing a credit card on our cruise to secure our S&S account, but I was wondering if I can call Carnival and have cash put onto our accounts as OBC?? I know some people like to use Fun Ship dollars, but that just seems like such a hassle. (for us) I'd like to just be able to call in and have a lump sum placed on our accounts as OBC, since the cruise was paid at purchase. Anyone know if this is possible to do? TIA.

Yes you can call or you can do it online and have it applied as an onboard credit. The funds will be loaded onto your account.

You don't have to get them mailed to you - you can do it online and have them applied directly to your S&S account - here is how:

You put it in where you would normally put the address:

So you choose a message (or you don't have to)

then your phone number

First Name - Put Name

Last Name - Put Name

Address Line 1 - ON BOARD CREDIT

Addre ss Line 2 - BOOKING #________

City - put City

State: put state

Zip code: put zip code

Sail DAte: Put sail date

hope that helps! T

Here is the online link...

http://www.carnival.com/BonVoyage/Ad...d=CC_Footer_66

There is a way to purchase Funship Dollars for your account. Online you would put your booking number and date of sailing for the Funship dollars to be credited to your account rather than sent to your home. But beware there are some caveats purchaing Funship Dollars

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1644160

I would, at checkin, make a cash deposit to your onboard account and then register your CC as a backup in case your cash account runs low/out.

This removes any possibility of someone, over the phone, screwing things up...which seems to happen all too often.

If you do this and don't outspend your cash deposit, it will be returned to you (as a check, I think) on the last night of the cruise.

If you do outspend the cash, you will see the balance appear on your credit card...and you will receive a printed reconciliation of your charges on the last night of your cruise.

We always fund our S&S account with cash - once you embark, you have up to 24 hours to do it and can be done at Guest Services or thru one of the S&S kiosks throughout the ship.

We have never spent more than what we have in the account, but I am told that once your OBC level drops to a certain point, you will be asked to replenish it or have your charging privileges dropped. As a PP stated, you could also back up the cash with a CC......

We use our credit card to check-in and secure our account. Then on the morning of the last day (last evening is too crowded), we go down to Guest Services and pay off our account with cash.

This way we don't have the hassle of standing in line when we board and only have what tiny bit we charge on the last day going to our credit card.

Hope this helps!!

You could just bring cash on the cruise, and pay off your account in cash the last night.

I use a credit card for the points I get for free OBC, cant imagine who would pass up free money on purpose.. but I always pay it off when I get the bill... so I never pay interest.

I always call and use a debit/credit card to add OBC before each of my cruises. It just makes it easier to "pay before I go" so to speak than to have a huge S&S bill at the end. It also keeps me from standing in line and worrying about a big wad of cash to put on my account once I'm onboard. When I get on the ship, I'd rather be "ready to rumble" than worry about securing my account and dealing with Guest Services. I do secure my S&S account with a credit card when doing the online checkin, but normally I get a check back at the end (even if only for $1.22 this last time!) rather than worry about overspending. I do use my "points" credit card when adding the OBC over the phone, so I still get my double points for it being a Carnival purchase.

HTH!

Archived