Shogun Live from Grand Princess 2nd June

Shogun

Hi All

To save on minutes starting this thread the night before we board the Grand Princess, now having done more than a few cruises, this cruise still offers us many new things, first this is the shortest cruise we have ever taken at 7 days, then we have flown in the day before to Southampton, in the past we would fly in just an hour or two before sailing but this time return flights were not good to our normal airport so had to switch, now as I was working right up to the hour before we had to take puppy Shogun to pet sitter, things have been a little stressful, in fact have lap top with me another first, as still have work to manage, may be a sign of the times but when offered work you can not say I am on holiday, finished work yesterday at 1.am this morning and started again at 5.00am so to say I am looking forward to my cruise is an understatement, next first no tours private or ship booked not even a taxi. My reason for this cruise is just to enjoy the Princess product, the ports of call are a bonus, if we miss Oslo it will not be a disaster for me although I do think it is a great city, but for many of my cruise buddies it will be a big loss.

So the trip to the airport motorway blocked can see tailbacks from house, so head cross country taking the back roads a lot longer so sorry was some what above speed limit all way, then I start recalling you did not pack, this and that, you left item on bed, oh well can always buy items if I really need them, so make it to airport just, walk straight up to check him, straight through security but DW gets stopped, she has drinks in her bag, the ones I put there opps,

Then to the gate just time to grab a snack as we head to the plane, while its nice not waiting around this was cutting things a bit fine.

Quick flight only an hour, but the landing big bump then the brakes hard on as we all crash into the seats in front of us, collect bags in only minutes very fast, then quick walk to hotel at the airport its ten o clock, we check in and ask about food haven not had a meal all day, sorry we close kitchen at ten, gurrrrr, so quick walk back to airport coffee bar just closing but get coffee and a toasted sandwich well it will just have to do.

Well tomorrow we will get kicked out at 11.00am but can not board for three hours so what to do with bags etc, will see how this staggered boarding works

Will chat more once onboard

Yours Shogun

Well tomorrow we will get kicked out at 11.00am but can not board for three hours so what to do with bags etc, will see how this staggered boarding works

I bet you can check in and be on board around noon.

Enjoy the cruise.

Hi All

......Well tomorrow we will get kicked out at 11.00am but can not board for three hours so what to do with bags etc, will see how this staggered boarding works

Will chat more once onboard

Yours Shogun

Always like to read your postings - hope you have a great trip and enjoy the cruise. Will be interesting in the boarding report and also how you enjoy the trip.

Peggy Rose

Shogun: We are taking the same cruise on July 1... let me know if this staggered boarding works.. already not a fan of it as a platinum cruiser. Hopefully you will get to Oslo. Have great cruise! Looking forward to your posts!

Hi Shogun,

I would just go straight to the ship if I were you. The last cruise we were given times to arrive but were on the Eavesway coach so actually arrive after the given time. You will have priority boarding anyway so I don`t see them turning you away.

Have a great cruise and enjoy your cc meets.

Say hello to Donna from us.

Hi All

Thank you for taking the time to read my rantings and thank you for all the good wishes,

for the person who asked about my dog we called him after the orginal Shogun, so w call him puppy Shogun, got a text this morning that he slepted with the dog sitter last night in her bed,

couple of fun points from last night

at the airport a little girl said good bye to daddy he walks off, little girl waits a second then runs after daddy through security etc so funny as every time he took her back she shouted out do not go please stay, then ran after him again,

then not having food the snack we picked up was hot ham, well it was warmed, but the hot refered to the curry powered inside it hot hot hot,

cracked the hotel internet surfing for free not sure how, but hey its free

also last night when we went out for coffee girl at till type in £30 pound note no such item has ever been printed so got very cheap coffee as we only gave her a £20 but did nt spot it until I checked reciept this morning,

may be the Scottish banks notes confused her,

sun is up flags are out so taxi booked to arrive in a couple of hours

so looking forward to doing nowthing for a week

yours Shogun

Archived