laundry facillities/ On Freedom of the seas

Princess has laundry facilities, but Royal doesn't. They will do it for you, but it is pricey.

"Pricey" is a relative term and not everyone feels that the convenience of having your dirty clothes laundered onboard an RCI ship isn't worth the cost. In fact some feel that the price is worth it to avoid wasting time on vacation doing laundry. Having observed occasional and unpleasant passenger conflicts in the laundry facilities onboard Princess when one passenger either didn't return to the laundry room to remove their clothes in a timely manner, or another returned late to find that someone had the audacity to remove their clothes when the wash was finished, I personally can do without them quite easily. Our laundry bill on even long cruises isn't horrendous and we include the cost when we prepare our budget for the cruise.

"Pricey" is a relative term and not everyone feels that the convenience of having your dirty clothes laundered onboard an RCI ship isn't worth the cost. In fact some feel that the price is worth it to avoid wasting time on vacation doing laundry. Having observed occasional and unpleasant passenger conflicts in the laundry facilities onboard Princess when one passenger either didn't return to the laundry room to remove their clothes in a timely manner, or another returned late to find that someone had the audacity to remove their clothes when the wash was finished, I personally can do without them quite easily. Our laundry bill on even long cruises isn't horrendous and we include the cost when we prepare our budget for the cruise.

I agree 100 percent. Even on long cruises.

hello all we are doing back to back cruises in sept 23-30th are there any washing machines? because we will need to freshen up our clothing for the second week:)

No self sereve laundry on any Royal Caribbean ship and no the ships laundry is not pricey. The ships laundry cost me less than if I used a self serve laundry back home and is less than my dry cleaners back home for dry cleaning.

No self sereve laundry on any Royal Caribbean ship and no the ships laundry is not pricey. The ships laundry cost me less than if I used a self serve laundry back home and is less than my dry cleaners back home for dry cleaning.

You must go to a very pricy self service laundry. Just what I wear to go on a run prices out to around $7.00 to wash on the ship.

Does any1 know how big the $25 bag is? Thank's :D

Not having the exact measurements, I would venture a quess that it is approximately 12" wide by 18" long. It's made of plastic that does stretch, so if you have nails, be forewarned. If you roll clothing tightly you will be amazed what you can get inside.

On our recent b2b2b on Radiance I was able to fit in 8 t-shirts and 8 underwear along with 4 pairs of socks.

hello all we are doing back to back cruises in sept 23-30th are there any washing machines? because we will need to freshen up our clothing for the second week:)

View our Shipboard Laundry Service price schedule.

* All prices are in US. Dollars and are subject to change without notice.

If you want things "pressed only" it would be 1/2 the dry cleaning charge.

The rath I would incur if I ever dared say to my wife..."hey, I am on a cruise, why don't you go do laundry..."I'll be on the pool deck having a Pina Colada while you do wife work on our cruise"

Did anyone ever tell you that you are one smart man? :p

Yep, I do fondly remember all those "family vacations": Beach camping -- and having to find the nearest laundromat, because someone had an accident in their sleeping bag :eek:; Condos on the beach -- which were a step up, having a washer & dryer. :rolleyes: So now that we are finally empty-nesters, and able to cruise -- well -- do I sound like I miss doing laundry on vacation? ;):D

Used the wash and fold service 2 weeks ago on Freedom. It is mainly for undies, shorts, socks, t-shirts, swim wear, pj's. You can stuff more than you think in those little plastic bags. What sealed the deal for us was the D plus coupon booklet has a $25 wash and fold coupon - so no charge.

The only hitch is it was offered on day 5 and items returned on day 6, when the cruise was nearly over. Still, it was nice to have clean clothes to wear home.

PS - our room steward told us later that the coupon can be used on any day you choose - despite the coupon saying it is only good on "wash and fold day". I guess you would have to know to ask for the bag and tally sheet, as they were not left in the cabin until day 5. Note, this is wash and fold - not to be confused with wash and pressed - thats why it is for the items I mentioned above.

BTW, the form to fill out is a much abbreviated one than cruisenfever posted.

Not having the exact measurements, I would venture a quess that it is approximately 12" wide by 18" long. It's made of plastic that does stretch, so if you have nails, be forewarned. If you roll clothing tightly you will be amazed what you can get inside.

On our recent b2b2b on Radiance I was able to fit in 8 t-shirts and 8 underwear along with 4 pairs of socks.

well thats the wifes laundry sorted. I will leave the uk with one pair of socks,and hopefully will only have to wear them on my return. T shirts shorts and croc flip flops,(EXCEPT FORMAL NIGHTS);)

well thats the wifes laundry sorted. I will leave the uk with one pair of socks,and hopefully will only have to wear them on my return. T shirts shorts and croc flip flops,(EXCEPT FORMAL NIGHTS);)

Just keep turning your t-shirts, shorts and socks inside out!:D

Does any1 know how big the $25 bag is? Thank's :D

I checked my review of the Enchantment of the Seas. On day six of a twelve night cruise (plus I left home two days prior to the cruise) I was able to fit all my dirty laundry (except pants) in the bag. That came to (as I recall) ten shirts, nine underwear and eight pairs of socks.

If I recall correctly, that is the bag (white & blue) hanging in the closet ...

DSC_1397.jpg

I checked my review of the Enchantment of the Seas. On day six of a twelve night cruise (plus I left home two days prior to the cruise) I was able to fit all my dirty laundry (except pants) in the bag. That came to (as I recall) ten shirts, nine underwear and eight pairs of socks.

If I recall correctly, that is the bag (white & blue) hanging in the closet ...

DSC_1397.jpg

The bag shown in your photograph is not the bag used on Wash & Fold Day. The bag shown is a shopping bag that many folks use while in port.

The Wash & Fold Bag is a lighter shade of white with Black writing on it and not as thick as what is shown.

Get a bunch in the laundry bag, more than you realize.

Anyway this might be a fun activity for the ship or CC activity, see who can get the most in a laundry bag, without tearing it LOL

I would hope they would use clean laundry LOL

Did anyone ever tell you that you are one smart man? :p

Yep, I do fondly remember all those "family vacations": Beach camping -- and having to find the nearest laundromat, because someone had an accident in their sleeping bag :eek:; Condos on the beach -- which were a step up, having a washer & dryer. :rolleyes: So now that we are finally empty-nesters, and able to cruise -- well -- do I sound like I miss doing laundry on vacation? ;):D

You sure sound like me,I remember all those things but I have somehow forgotten how to iron a mans shirt.:rolleyes:

Archived