What is the best (not aft) location for a balcony cabin on Radiance class ships?

Just booked Jewel, and this will be our first time on a Radiance class ship. I know there are issues with lifeboats obstructing views, and such. So, I'm a bit confused...

Here's my criteria:

I do not like aft cabins.

The balcony cabin must have inside cabins across the hall (for my daughters)

Can someone steer me in the right direction? (Like are 7530 or 8024 in a good location without obstructions?)

Deck 7,8,9 forward are in front of the lifeboats (Deck 7 have extended balconies, but the balcony divider only goes halfway before it changes from full to half height). Other than those, the starboard side hump cabins don't have any lifeboats under them, and the two portside balconies on either side of the elevator banks are also unobstructed (and have oversized balconies)

Even with the lifeboats below you, your outward view has NO obstructions! The lifeboat covers are visible from EVERY balcony....you simply can't see the "hull" of the ship. You can see downward into the water...just not right beside the outer hull of the ship!

For convenience sake, book something near the hump area....easy access to the stairs and elevators! Have the deck plans in front of you when booking!

Deck 7 forward of the humps will have a view looking straight down at the water. The balconys on deck 7 towards the aft are larger and will look over the life boats not down at the water. I think we have pics and will dig them up and post them if you are interested.

Hi,

I cruised aboard the Jewel of the Seas in January 2012 in a great balcony cabin (9580) on the hump. The location was perfect. Of course, this stateroom does not meet your requirement of having an inside cabin across the hall.

Of the two cabins that you have listed, I would probably choose 7530. The balconies of the forward cabins on Deck 7 are slightly deeper than the balconies of the forward cabins on Deck 8. Also, because the balconies on Deck 8 are slightly recessed compared to the balconies on Deck 7, the balconies on Deck 8 do not look directly down to the sea if you stand at the rail (they look down on the outer portion of the Deck 7 balconies). However, 7530 is located directly above the Coral Theatre whereas 8024 is not. Hopefully, noise from the theater is not a problem for the cabins located forward on Deck 7.

The Jewel of the Seas is a wonderful ship. I absolutely loved my cruise on this ship. :)

Chuck

Thank you for the informative replies!!!

Between the two cabins I listed, which would you choose (7530 or 8024)?

7530. It's not really over the theatre (more over the hallway that leads to the entrance to the theatre)

Archived