Good family friendly cruise to Alaska?

SDJen

I am considering an Alaskan cruise sometime in the next year or two. It will just be my daughter and me (she will be 7-8 at the time).

We have cruised Disney twice to the Carribean and I have done a Carnival to Mexico also. Disney does sail to Alaska but I am wondering if there is another cruise line that might also work for us?

Can anyone recommend a cruise line and ship that they have had decent kid activities on?

Thanks in advance!

All cruiselines have good kids programs. You may want to look more at Alaska, rather than having the "kids" priority? Alaska is much more costly than the Caribbean and features are very different, depending on what ports, glaciers, route. Those selections may become more important when you find out what the differences are.

Kids will have a great time on any cruise. Involve your daughter in the port plans. Loads of excellent tours to consider.

While lots of cruise lines have good kids programs my opinion is the best one other than Disney is Princess and the god thing about Princess is that they also have terrific Alaskan itineraries.

In my opinion you can get a great Alaska cruise with Princess and also provide a very nice kids program.

Keith

We did our first ever cruise on NCL (to Alaska). Kids (from 9 to 14 at the time) had a blast. Will be on HAL, which has a reputation for "adult centric", it'll be interesting to see how my kids like it (though the HAL feedback from my friends with kids have been positive).

We did our first ever cruise on NCL (to Alaska). Kids (from 9 to 14 at the time) had a blast. Will be on HAL, which has a reputation for "adult centric", it'll be interesting to see how my kids like it (though the HAL feedback from my friends with kids have been positive).

HAL also has an excellent kids program. "Alaska" is what is more adult centric with demographics the same on all the lines sailing there with the potential exception of Disney.

Archived