Onboard the Gem right now!

I am onboard the Gem right now and I have noticed lots of changes since last time onboard.

Buffet has themed type lunch and dinner on certain nights.

Carribean/Bahamian/country western and Pub

They have also inteoduced no only iced tea, but lemonade and flavored waters now in the buffet and dining rooms!

Will try to get on here when I return home to answer more questions. My phone is dying.

Dawn

Thanks for the update.

Buffet has themed type lunch and dinner on certain nights.

Carribean/Bahamian/country western and Pub

They have also inteoduced no only iced tea, but lemonade and flavored waters now in the buffet and dining rooms!

Sounds like changes in a good direction. Glad to see more drink choices available.

Just off the Gem this morning with Dawn and also had an NCL "first". Philly cheesesteak in the Blue Lagoon on embarkation day. Our server told us it was only in BL embarkation day but on the everyday lunch menu in the Grand Pacific. We had a few and they were quite good. I mentioned to the Executive Chef how much we enjoyed it at the CC M&G and suggested it would make a great regular offering on the full time BL menu. He said they would consider it.

I didn't see the lemonade, I would have been happy. I don't like the unsweetened iced tea at all and have been post cruise survey suggesting more choice for a while now. Even sweetened iced tea would be a nice option.

Also on the Gem last week, and found lots of beverage choices throughout the week. Many days lemonade, pineapple juice on Thursday in addition to the iced tea, and a red beverage, cranberry maybe? Always orange juice at breakfast, and always at least one option besides tea in the beverage machines. Very nice!

Nice, this is cool for the GEM & we are planning to sail her soon ... Flavored water & lemonade is going drive the other cruise lines crazy, LOL - just kidding but it's going to keep us NCL "addicts" very happy with the extra choices - the lemonade is excellent for warm, tropical climate and perfect for avoiding thirst in the sun.

I supposed it's going to be fleet-wide ...

Dawn we did not go to the noodle bar but it was definitely in the Freestyle Daily.

Patrick the Noodle bar was good, and we had the different drinks the last 3 days of the cruise. It was a sort of pre- trial. You did love that cheese steak!

Andrea out where we are cheese steaks tend to be either diced steak or Steak-ems. I've always loved them but have a hard time finding good ones. Now if your a native Philadelphian this may not be up to what your used to but it was better than I can buy around here. Also for the record it was only onions, no peppers. I suppose if you wanted peppers you could request them tho. Gotta love the real cheese wiz and the real chopped rib eye :)

As far as the drink station, not being a fan of the unsweetened iced tea, I never even look at the dispensers once they take out the juices late morning. Some lemonade may? have prevented me from cocktailing so early:) (I probably shouldn't let NCL know that:eek:)

pixiedustdawn I was told that a noodle bar also opened up this past week on the Gem, but I did not get a chance to check it out.

What is the noodle bar? Where is it? Is there a extra charge for it?

Nice, this is cool for the GEM & we are planning to sail her soon ... Flavored water & lemonade is going drive the other cruise lines crazy, LOL - just kidding but it's going to keep us NCL "addicts" very happy with the extra choices - the lemonade is excellent for warm, tropical climate and perfect for avoiding thirst in the sun.

I supposed it's going to be fleet-wide ...

Actually I thought NCL was behind the times on this one. Dont Royal and Carnival cruisers alwasy complain there is no lemonade on board NCL? It looks like NCL listened to those complaints. I dont see it driving anyone crazy, just NCL playing catch up with passengers likes.

The tea flavored water turns the stomach after awhile. I hope no one really thinks that is real tea ;)

But I love the option of making my own iced tea since hot water and tea are free. Just ask for a pitcher of ice ;

I'll need to try one out next week. I've never had a good cheesesteak outside of a 30 mile radius of Philadelphia

I had it at Gem's Blue Lagoon back in December on embarkation day. Can't compare it to a real Philly cheesesteak. :mad:

Archived