Will HAL soon copy Carnival with MDR cappuccino charge?

luvcruisn'

[quote name='lorekauf']That poster must have tasted Starbucks:D;).[/quote]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][COLOR=royalblue]Ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha! That's good. [/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

[quote name='readytogo2']The very first time we ordered cappuccino on a cruise was on Princess, we were charged and I thought that was the norm, we then bought the coffee card which allows for 15 specialty drinks plus unlimited brewed coffee... I felt it was a bargain. As much as we gripe about extra charges we do wind up giving in and paying. Some cruise lines offer certain things for free , others do not, we just go with the flow. If I want a cappuccino, I will order it whether I have to pay for it or not. I totally understand your stand for the principle of it, however if you really wanted it, you are only depriving yourself and the cruise line has no idea of your principles.[/quote]

We didn't feel deprived - we can take it or leave it.

[quote=luvcruisn';34032457]From Cruise Critic News June 4/12: "In related added-fee news, Carnival has begun charging for specialty coffees -- $2 for espressos, $2.95 for lattes and cappuccinos -- during lunch and dinner in Carnival Miracle's main dining room. The line has long offered these coffee drinks at no extra cost, but plans eventually to roll out the new fees fleetwide."

My fellow passengers have often had the no fee espressos and cappuccinos at dinner in HAL's MDR. I wonder how long it will be before HAL also begins charging for these in the main dining room?[/quote]

As soon as the CCL wizzards can get it in place! I would expect the new charges to take effect this Nov.

Archived