Weather at-sea in October?

Kattus

My first cruise will be the 10/27-10/31 cruise to Bermuda with my husband. I joked with him that he has to get Bermuda shorts and sandals (he always wears dark jeans and sneakers) then remembered that since this will be in autumn, it won't be shorts and sandals weather. For experienced cruisers, what's the average daytime temperature around the Mid-Atlantic during this time of year?

Panama is only about 8 degrees off the equator...Bermuda's at about the same latitude as South Carolina....a HUGE difference! Of course, it will depend on what the weather does during the time you're sailing....just because it rained last year that week, doesn't mean it will this year...or next!!!

Last year on that same weekend it snowed in NY and NJ. With that said other years it has been warm. Only time will tell. Check the weather channel during that week to see what kind of mood Mother Nature is in. I am considering this cruise and hope that maybe I can catch a last minute deal. I see the price has been reduced already.

We did the full Panama transit in Jan, and shorts worked for us all the way from LA to FL.
Absolutely no relevance to Bermuda which is thousands of miles away from Panama in a completely different climate. :(

I've been to Bermuda a number of times. In October, it can be sort of warm, probably in the upper 60's to low 70's. Usually nice enough to be outdoors, maybe warm enough for shorts and a shirt. As said, October is still hurricane season so the weather can be almost anything.

Archived