Lido Deck Cabins

goinsoon

Ok, I did a search but.......... Please share your feelings about the balcony cabins on Lido deck on any applicable Princess ship. We have previously sailed on the Caribe and Dolphin decks. The Lido looks great for easy access to the open deck but have always worried about noise etc. Appreciate your thoughts. We have not booked our next cruise so that is why I am not asking about a particular ship!

I have had Lido cabins (inside) twice, both on the Sapphire Princess, and love the location. It's very quiet up there, and is close to the pools, the pizza place, the grill for burgers, etc., and an easy walk to the Horizon Court. (Notice the food theme here?!?!? LOL!) It's also a straight shot down on the elevators to the Princess Theater! Another advantage is that the forward elevators tend to be less busy than those at the midship and aft locations.

I would be most happy to have another cabin, whether inside or balcony, in that location.

Inside the cabin I never noticed any extra noise being on the Lido deck but when we walked out of our room there was always traffic in the hallway. The lido deck is a great short-cut to get to the pizzas/hamburgers/buffet/pools and anything else that might be going on on the outside/forward decks.

For me there was way too much foot traffic!

Inside the cabin I never noticed any extra noise being on the Lido deck but when we walked out of our room there was always traffic in the hallway. The lido deck is a great short-cut to get to the pizzas/hamburgers/buffet/pools and anything else that might be going on on the outside/forward decks.

For me there was way too much foot traffic!

What ship was that on? We were on the Golden, and our cabin was in the forward section of the ship. There was little foot traffic, since the hallway was a dead end, with only cabins along it. There was less foot traffic then a mid-ship cabin.

What ship was that on? We were on the Golden, and our cabin was in the forward section of the ship. There was little foot traffic, since the hallway was a dead end, with only cabins along it. There was less foot traffic then a mid-ship cabin.

There would be foot traffic between the elevators and the doors to the outside deck.

There would be very little foot traffic between the elevators and the bow.

There would be foot traffic between the elevators and the doors to the outside deck.

There would be very little foot traffic between the elevators and the bow.

That makes sense. Our cabin was forward of the elevator and had very little foot traffic. I could see how the cabins between the elevators and the outside doors would get a lot more traffic.

I agree--we've been in the forward Lido cabins a couple of times. Very quiet with the only traffic people who have cabins in this area.

I worried about noise and activity the first time too, but not that many people seem to use the elevators and stairs in this location (one of our cabins was just one door down from the stairs).

Convenience factor was very high, except that we like to walk the stairs to work off a few of those calories and walking up from, say, Deck 4, is quite an undertaking. Does us good, though.

Archived