Onboard Summit; AQ Room Issues

TxnAquarian

Then you have a great balcony....and just right out your door to the stairs....down to Sunset Bar into the door and the Waterfall Cafe for meals. Keep your door open at night and the steel pan player and guitar player will keep you entertained...close the door you will hear nothing.

Also when you turn on your bathroom light it heats the mirror so shower away and no fog!....and the new showers are multi .....loungers are chairs with hassocks.

Lou

As to the issue of some parts being old....that's why we avoid refurbed ships---they do not re-do everything and many parts are not up to date.

When they re-did Century the bathroom was not redone-- grubby showers. The pool area was also the same old space & I simply could not bring myself to go in the pool....

On our last trip on Summit before the refurb, the bathroom was gross as was the bedspread ,couch etc. When we learned they were not changing everything, that's pretty much when we decided not to do the older ships...no matter how nice they look in most of the spaces...

As to noise--there is some on S class midships--but only on the deck party night--must have better sound proofing...

Guess everyone makes their own choices but some changes are just superficial

Just got back....we had one of the new Aquasuites on the Aft of the Summit with the large balconies. Actually our group had the whole back.

Cabin 1138 holds 10 people in chairs for a party! does that help?

Coming from D1's on RCCL these rooms are quite a bit smaller and compact. Storage is a premium...suggest bringing a hanging "birds nest" for the closet.

Lou

I thought the Reflection was supposed to be the first ship to have Aquasuites. So I checked out your stateroom 1138 on the Celebrity deck plans. The deck plan shows this cabin as category A1, along with all the other Aqua Class staterooms on deck 11. Is there something you know that isn't documented by Celebrity? Some secret they are holding back? Thanks.

And you do get noise on the Aft suites at night. Usually took to 1230 for the noise from the Bar below to die down. We enjoyed the music but it was the more raucous laughs and louder ladies trying to but in with their funny stories that kept us awake on Summit. We did actually call down to Guest Relations one night as it was well past the bar closing time.

Bear in mind also if you are sensitive to smoke you will not enjoy those aft above the smoking area

That said I've booked one again further towards the middle of aft though, will be interesting to compare the differences

Yes the Millennium group which includes Summit were Solscitized (however you spell that!) and aqua suites are on 11th....the side rooms have no shade cover...just a mite....yes the bar at times the laughter in the a.m. and p.m. did get loud but they were having a good time so we closed the door and didn't hear any more.

Our next one is 15 days long and we moved to diagonal balcony rooms aquasuites near forward due to bar with lots of sea days. I want them to have fun so we will move north on the ship.

We are looking to possibly change ships though for 15 days with the rooms being the size they are for the money. Yep spoiled by the D1-2-3's on Royal.

The Persian Garden was nice if you like steam rooms and heated benches....it was nice for relaxation but you can buy a package without an aquasuite room.

Lou

Emileg, you are correct - these aft cabins on deck 11 are not Aqua SUITES, just Aqua class cabins. Only Reflection will have the new Aqua Suites that are significantly larger and pricier than AQ cabins.

I am glad I stuck with deck 9 AQ as the noise and smoke are definitely not something I could tolerate.

I'm taking a pair of real cheap flip flops (that I bought at the grocery store) for the shower....just in case it's iky in there!!!!:eek:

there are also usually very nice showers in the spa area and also a nice sauna-- no extra charge!

(enter through the lasdies/mens bathroom, locker areas...)

• 1 month later...
So sorry to read about the condition of your bathroom. We were on the same cruise in room 9137 and our bathroom was brand new, no mold, I hope celebrity will comp you for your i inconvenience...

How was 9137? And how did you like AQ class? We are to be in 9133 and 9137 for an August cruise celebrating with our two daugthers and I was concerned about the noise level and bathroom condition. Would love to hear from you and please let me know if you will do a review!

Thanks!

Oh boy some of the posts are worrying me about my "upgrade" to aqua now. But we are sailing the end of the month, so we are in it for the long haul.

I would appreciate any feedback on this particular cabin ( bathroom or noise) i am aware of overhang and cool with that . I looked at the floorplan above and it looks like part of the locker room or near the spa - hope its not too noisy

I will be sure to post pics and review when we get back. Many Thanks! Laurie

I think the best bet (for us) is that on M class go with the larger CC cabin...and on S class AQ....

when they re-did some of Century awhile ago...they also left the bathroom and outdoor pool area old & grungy!!!

How was 9137? And how did you like AQ class? We are to be in 9133 and 9137 for an August cruise celebrating with our two daugthers and I was concerned about the noise level and bathroom condition. Would love to hear from you and please let me know if you will do a review!

Thanks!

We will be in 9133 in October and would love your feedback after your August trip!

Oh boy some of the posts are worrying me about my "upgrade" to aqua now. But we are sailing the end of the month, so we are in it for the long haul.

I would appreciate any feedback on this particular cabin ( bathroom or noise) i am aware of overhang and cool with that . I looked at the floorplan above and it looks like part of the locker room or near the spa - hope its not too noisy

I will be sure to post pics and review when we get back. Many Thanks! Laurie

Laurie,

Don't worry about your AQ room. The actual room is lovely and eating in Blu is fabulous. Just be aware that your bathroom might be outdated and there could be noise from above. It's nothing to ruin a cruise. I think I was more shocked that our bathroom hadn't been renovated because I went into it expecting it to be up to standards with the rest of the room. If Celebrity had just told me beforehand that some bathrooms hadn't been renovated, I wouldn't have been as upset about it. It's a bait-and-switch on Celebrity's part that we weren't made aware of this. You will still enjoy the trip - it's a great ship!

Michael

• 2 weeks later...
Laurie,

Don't worry about your AQ room. The actual room is lovely and eating in Blu is fabulous. Just be aware that your bathroom might be outdated and there could be noise from above. It's nothing to ruin a cruise. I think I was more shocked that our bathroom hadn't been renovated because I went into it expecting it to be up to standards with the rest of the room. If Celebrity had just told me beforehand that some bathrooms hadn't been renovated, I wouldn't have been as upset about it. It's a bait-and-switch on Celebrity's part that we weren't made aware of this. You will still enjoy the trip - it's a great ship!

Michael

What room where you in and date of sail? Thanks

I'm going to be on the Summit in November and booked an AQ room on the 9th deck. I've read the original post along with most of the responders and right now, I'm a little hesitant to go through with this booking because of the noise description from the deck above. So here's what I need to know: how loud is this noise?

I don't care about the amenities of the bathroom, as long as it's clean! What I am concerned about is the darn noise from the pool and based on the OP's observation, it appears that this noise happens throughout the night and early parts of the morning. This is not at all reassuring since the purpose of our vacation is to rest and relax! So, a couple of more questions that will help me decide on what to do: 1) Is the noise accompanied with a thumping wall? and 2) Does the noise radiate throughout the entire AQ suites on deck 9?

In the past, I've read nothing but positive comments about Celebrity and that's why we decided to give the line a chance. But right now, I'm finding a lack of confidence and a deteriorating first impression!

I'm happy to report all my concerns about the cabin were laid to rest as soon as I walked in the cabin. 9046 bathroom was just fine - not to say it could have used a little TLC for example inside the shower where the wall met the tile floor had been repaired due to some water damage. It looked a little lumpy but you could see an attempt to fix it was made. And there was a knob missing from the cabinet door. It was not as updated as I hoped, but very clean and everything worked. I was so pleased to see a glass (plexiglass) door was added. I hate those darn curtains. Great shower head! And the shower area had that little bar near the floor to put your foot on when shaving your legs! (if you're a woman you will appreciate that little note!)

As for the noise from above... Yes each morning I would hear the rumbling of a towel cart being rolled around and in the evening while getting ready for dinner I'd hear the same. But it was only for a brief moment as the cart rolled past. Other than that the room was quiet. No noise from hallway or other cabins. Frankly it was no big deal to us. Some previous posts noted they disliked the large overhang above the balcony - we liked it! Gave us plenty of shade and the metal support beams didn't obstruct the view.

I'm not one to write a full review, but I would like to add a few more notes... The food and service in Blu was outstanding. Never waited more than a few minutes. Bistro on five was awesome! We went 3 times for lunch and the crepes and paninis were amazing. All you can eat for $5. Now that was a bargain (and the dessert crepes were great for a late night snack they stay open till 2am.

We spent almost every night at the martini bar for a Pre dinner cocktail (must try the martini flight 6 martinis for $15 and the little show the bartender does is cute). Then later at night we spent time on the aft deck bar on 10. Usually had music and hubby enjoyed a cigar.

IMO the entertainment was just okay but the comedian was the guy from America got talent and he was outstanding for both Regular and late night shows. Overall we loved the whole experience and the ship and crew were wonderful. For all who are cruising on the Summit in the coming months ... Enjoy!!

• 1 month later...

:D

Hi I was wondering if anyone has stayed in stateroom 9110? If so is the bathroom updated? How is the noise level? Also are there chairs with hassocks/ottomans on the balcony? Thanks!

This post describes the bathroom in one of the Aqua cabins on deck 9 ( not newly constructed) As well as noise issues:eek:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=34068251&postcount=1

Hi I was wondering if anyone has stayed in stateroom 9110? If so is the bathroom updated? How is the noise level? Also are there chairs with hassocks/ottomans on the balcony? Thanks!

We stayed in 9046 (you can see my review above) I can't confirm your exact room but we became friendly with 2 couples down the hall and their rooms were just like ours. No ottomans on the aqua deck 9 balconies but the chairs reclined a little and were new. Minimal noise from above (again see my post above)

Summit was wonderful. Enjoy!!

Hi there - has anyone stayed in 1117? The only thing I'm worried about is smoke from the bar below. And someone was smoking a cigar, which would really make me sick. So, hoping for some intel from a previous cruiser:)

Hi. I can't comment on the smoke situation on the balconies above the aft bar but I can say it is a very popular place for smokers. My DH smokes cigars and we visited the bar every night. Throughout the day you would see people sitting at tables smoking. I don't smoke and I really hate the smoke smell but unless you are sitting right next to the person (or the table the smoker is at) the wind blows it right out to sea. I don't recall the smoke had a chance to travel up to the balconies.

I would offer an observation however about those particular aft facing balconies... My DH and I often commented that the location was convenient if you enjoyed hanging out at the bar (direct access to stairs to deck above). But we noticed there was little privacy on those balconies. We could look up and see the people on their balconies. For us that was a negative feature.

I'm sure you will love your overall cruise experience on the summit. It's a great ship and the crew is very attentive.

Archived