Sanctuary and Alaska

Love.II.Cruise

They still sell it, but a better purchase is the thermal suite in the spa.

That being said, since we had the thermal suite, I did notice numerous days that the Sanctuary was closed due to weather.

I almost forgot about the thermal suites. We will definitely book them!

Its an Adult Only area (on Sea Princess its an elevated deck up one flight of steps up from regular pool and far forward) with its own pool and lounger areas. I didn't see it open our entire cruise to Alaska - although it must have been open on sea days because I saw ads in the Patter. I can see how it would be worth the money on the warm holiday trips (spring break!) where there are lots of kids around the pools. Not so much on a 10 day to Alaska - we had very few kids and very chilly weather, especially on deck, and forward.

They still sell it, but a better purchase is the thermal suite in the spa.

That being said, since we had the thermal suite, I did notice numerous days that the Sanctuary was closed due to weather.

I've seen lots of posts about the thermal suite. What exactly is it?

Thanks. I figured it was something like that. That would be nice in Alaska after being outside in the cold.

It is nice. The tiled loungers are heated.

I think the cost is $25 per day or $99 for the week. It is typically quiet in this area, so I go to read.

The only time I have had a difficulty was on a recent Caribbean cruise, when one person sneaked their whole rowdy/drunken family into the area and they caused quite a din. I am pretty sure that batch was raised by wolves...:)

It was $99 a week, with a limited number of passes sold.

If I were in there and saw an entire family without bracelets come waltzing in, I would be the first to go to the desk and ask for enforcement.

That actually might have happened....:rolleyes:

It is nice. The tiled loungers are heated.

I think the cost is $25 per day or $99 for the week. It is typically quiet in this area, so I go to read.

The only time I have had a difficulty was on a recent Caribbean cruise, when one person sneaked their whole rowdy/drunken family into the area and they caused quite a din. I am pretty sure that batch was raised by wolves...:)

Ahhhh you just offended all the wolves. :)

Ahhhh you just offended all the wolves. :)

You are right... I apologize to wolves for lumping the rude family in with theirs...:cool:

I am certain that real wolves are raise MUCH better.

Edited by TracieABD

It was closed most days last summer when we were on the golden. It made for a great spot to stand out of the wind and view the scenery. There were quite a few people standing in there, most of the loungers were pushed off to one side

• 2 years later...