Say Goodbye to Escargot or say it isn't so

Crzn-Life

Celebrity Cruises chefs are making crab-stuffed mushrooms smothered in the wonderful butter garlic parsley sauce and putting them in the special dishes used for the snails. Served with the good bread for dipping. Yum!

My wife is with you...when ever we order it, I get the snails...she gets the garlic sauce. AWESOME!

And that does sound like a good substitute.

Celebrity Cruises chefs are making crab-stuffed mushrooms smothered in the wonderful butter garlic parsley sauce and putting them in the special dishes used for the snails. Served with the good bread for dipping. Yum!

Now that sounds good and would probably be more popular than the escargot.

I just got off the Jewel 12 night Baltic cruise yesterday and was very surprised to see they still had escargot in the dining room on 2 nights and they were excellent! As a matter of fact, the food throughout the entire cruise was very good in all venues.

I doubt that would do it, but I'd bring a can of Helix snails for them to cook for me just so I didn't have to cook them myself! ;) Okay, I guess I wouldn't bring them... I'd just take what they serve for dinner and make my own escargots at home. :p

I saw where they were selling some large cans on Amazon that all the customers were raving about. I do wonder what would happen if you just took your can of snails, handed it to the head waiter and asked to have them the next night.

We were just on the Island Princess and one of the headwaiters told us that escargot could not be ordered because they were all out of it.

He said that Princess had cancelled the contract with the supplier and that what we were able to get on other ships was the last of the escargot and when that was gone, there would be no more. He said the reason we were able to get it on the Grand a few weeks earlier was because the Grand still had some in its stock but once that was gone, that would be the end of it for that ship too.

Oh, Princess...say it isn't so. Or how about finding another supplier.

Hmmm...Just off of the June 13 sailing of the Island and we were offered escargot on the first formal night. My husband jumped at it as he really likes escargot, but I will pass. No mention of scarcity...

Hmmm...Just off of the June 13 sailing of the Island and we were offered escargot on the first formal night. My husband jumped at it as he really likes escargot, but I will pass. No mention of scarcity...

They definitely didn't offer any on our cruise on the Island and as I posted previously the HW told us there was none on board. If they had them 2 cruises later we can hope that this means they got a new supply/supplier. Or maybe they found some old cans of snails hidden away some where.;)

• 6 months later...

We had escargot on our med cruise on Liberty of the Seas in July. I'd never had them before but after reading about them on cc for the 12 months prior to our trip I was keen to try them. I'm in the minority. I don't understand why people like them. I understand the garlic butter but I could feel my arteries clog just looking at the plate.

It's quite funny. As the plate was covered on butter I couldn't even find them for a while.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Had them on the Emerald Princess Christmas cruise.

I think I know why it took so long to resupply. Consider how long it takes to drive the snails to market (like cattle). Look out! Snail stampede!!

Art

PS - no Baked Alaska on the cruise. Although it may have been a casualty to the Noro.

Archived