Dress code

steilkurve

So, do I have to buy new shoes for the cruise. I always wear either sandals or sneakers. I can get a note from my MD if that would help. After 4 strokes, I am lucky that I can walk at all. So I wear ugly shoes - even my sandals are large and ugly. Well, if they wouldn't let me in, I guess Disney would be just for the parks - - - Oh I so wanted to do a Disney cruise.

DCL is very, very, very good about guests with medical issues. They won't deny you because the shoes and sandals you wear are "ugly", and they especially won't if you explain that you wear those out of medical necessity. During our cruise, my DW got blisters very early on and had to wear flip-flops for most of the duration of the cruise, and it wasn't an issue (we stuck to the MDRs.)

I can't imagine it would be an issue at Palo or Remy, even. The issue with Palo and Remy is they want to enforce a certain sense of decorum. I would definitely double-check with DCL and maybe make a note of it, but I don't see them turning you away because your shoes are ugly.

I am recently back from a 5 night trip on the Dream and while there were a few exceptions, most people were dressed nice in the MDRs. I did notice a few people in shorts but they were the exception. We had a "dress up night" so no tuxedos but lots of suits and dresses. :)

However on our last night it seemed that people pretty much wore whatever they wanted. On this particular night there were probably more shorts (or that I noticed) than pants. My family and I seemed overdressed compared to most.:rolleyes:

Thanks for the input - and I do feel better. I did get a note from my MD and she said that I should have no problems about that. I cannot believe that anybody would be so uptight about shoes when you are eating. I cannot think of any time that I looked at another person's feet during a meal.

Thanks for the input - and I do feel better. I did get a note from my MD and she said that I should have no problems about that. I cannot believe that anybody would be so uptight about shoes when you are eating. I cannot think of any time that I looked at another person's feet during a meal.

You don't need a Dr's note. No one is going to look at your shoes. Donald doesn't even wear shoes, or pants for that matter.

So, do I have to buy new shoes for the cruise. I always wear either sandals or sneakers. I can get a note from my MD if that would help. After 4 strokes, I am lucky that I can walk at all. So I wear ugly shoes - even my sandals are large and ugly. Well, if they wouldn't let me in, I guess Disney would be just for the parks - - - Oh I so wanted to do a Disney cruise.

I don't recall anything in the dress recommendations regarding footwear.

Even then, if you've got a decent reason for varying from the recommendations, go for it.

I've also been worried about footwear in the dining room. I've NEVER been one to wear heels, actually I've never, ever worn a pair. :eek: LOL

But I've been dealing with Plantar Fasciitis in my left foot really bad and the only two pairs of footwear that seem to give me any kind of relief are my sneakers and Crocs. I wear my sneakers for most of the day and switch off to my Crocs after dinnertime.

I did buy a pair of black shoes (think backless slip-ons) that I will wear on formal night (I wear black pants/dress shirt) and any other night that my foot will allow me to wear those. But if not, I'm going to have to wear my Crocs to give me some pain relief. It might be a fasion faux-pas but I have to do what I have to do for my foot.

Even then, if you've got a decent reason for varying from the recommendations, go for it.

Except that it needs to be worn of course...

In my opinion there's a big difference between someone with a legitimate medical reason to not adhere to the requested dress code and those who claim, "It's my vacation, I paid a lot of money, I can do what I want to." Again, DCL, the new Carnival.

Actually, it's right on the DCL website http://disneycruise.disney.go.com/ships-activities/ships/fantasy/dining/remy/

A dress code is enforced during dinner.

Men: A jacket (such as a sports, suit or tuxedo jacket) is required, with dress pants/slacks and shoes. Ties are optional. Please no jeans, shorts, sandals, flip-flops or tennis shoes.

Ladies: Cocktail dress, evening dress, pant suit or skirt/blouse are required. Please no jeans, shorts, capri pants, sandals, flip-flops or tennis shoes.

That is the dress code specifically for Remy, DCL's upscale restaurant on the Dream and Fantasy. While Palo and Remy request no flip flops or tennis shoes not be worn, there is no specified requirement for footwear for the MDRs other than it be worn.

That is the dress code specifically for Remy, DCL's upscale restaurant on the Dream and Fantasy. While Palo and Remy request no flip flops or tennis shoes not be worn, there is no specified requirement for footwear for the MDRs other than it be worn.

That's what I meant: Palo and Remy do mention footwear, and that was meant to be a response to a PP regarding those particular dining rooms. I guess it got lost in translation.

That's what I meant: Palo and Remy do mention footwear, and that was meant to be a response to a PP regarding those particular dining rooms. I guess it got lost in translation.

I was thinking of the rotational dining rooms. Of course there is a footware dress code for Palo and Remy's but with a note from the MD or a request and explaination beforehand, I'm sure that they'll let it go. One thing that I really like about Disney, both ashore and at sea is how often they will say yes.

I once rode in the locomotive of one of the trains at Disneyland because I simply asked.

Archived