Blog from March 3 Santiago to San Francisco Cruise

Sandy R

[quote name='sandy r']better late than never! It was a great cruise. Hope you enjoy reading it.

[url]http://blog.travelpod.com/travel-blog/sandy31/2/tpod.html[/url][/quote]
my dw would like to get a new camera with better macro settings. She loved your flower shots. Can i ask what type camera you used. Just loved your log and pictures

Thanks for the compliments. I primarily use a Canon EOS SLR Digital... with a 17-85 zoom lens. It's big and a little heavy but it takes wonderful photos.

We had been to S.A. before this recent S.A. cruise and knew you had to watch your cameras + we stopped in a few ports we've visited before. I wanted to bring along a small camera, too. I researched and came up with the Canon Power Shot Elph 310HS. Then, I saw it at Costco, bundled with some extras at a great price and bought it.

On this cruise, the majority of time I used the Canon EOS. But, in Puntarenas, Mazanillo and Cabo, I used the ELF. It's easy to use and is so light. Sure, it doesn't have the zoom the SLR digital has, and I can't take photos from a van window, like I can with the SLR and I can't get close-ups like can with the EOS but for the price it's a gem!

Hi Pam... I was thinking about you when I wrote about waiting to disembark in San Francisco. Not a great ending but definitely a great cruise.

It was fun meeting you. I really like your new CC photo. Hope to see you on another cruise one day. Our next will be a Caribbean on the Emerald. Haven't been there in years.

Archived