Do you own the FlipFold?

pampaul

If you don't know what it is, it's a plastic doo-dad thing that helps you fold clothes. LOL Here's a link....http://www.flipfold.com/?gclid=CKCPpM-oxrACFQlN4AodMijpVA

And yes, I know how to fold clothes but not the way this thing does (you know, the way you see shirts folded in the stores) As hard as I try, mine turn out not looking all nice & neat.

Anyhow, I'd like to get one of these to use when I pack for our vacations. I think it would make more room in the suitcases compared to how I fold clothes.

The only problem is, the only store they sell them at (aside from online) is the Container Store and we don't have one anywhere around here. And we leave next Friday for vacation, so I was hoping to find one that I could buy today. But no luck.

If you do have a folding device that's the same thing but not the FlipFold brand, do you like it and where did you get it? Thanks

Sheldon Cooper on The Big Bang Theory uses one.

He even uses it for his socks. Seems to work quite well. Lay the garment out, flip, flip, flip, and you have a neatly folded garment.

I use the Eagle Pack-It folder, which has a plastic insert around which you can fold shirts and slacks etc. But it goes one step further by allowing you to pile up evenly folded things and put them in a separate envelope.

It works great for:

1. going on one night business trips. There's a smaller one that fits in my attache case, so instead of my second day's clothes ending up being shoved in the bottom of my attache case, crushed by my laptop, they are kept neat.

2. Embarkation day. We put our clothes for boarding day in a Pack-It folder either in an outside pocket of a larger suitcase, or on top of the larger suitcase, so we can just take that out and our clothes for that day are kept separately and neatly and we don't have to dig around in our suitcase for something to wear.

3. Generally keeping DH's button down shirts very very neat and crisp looking.

I love it - and things do pack better and more tightly when they are well folded.

If you don't know what it is, it's a plastic doo-dad thing that helps you fold clothes. LOL Here's a link....http://www.flipfold.com/?gclid=CKCPpM-oxrACFQlN4AodMijpVA

And yes, I know how to fold clothes but not the way this thing does (you know, the way you see shirts folded in the stores) As hard as I try, mine turn out not looking all nice & neat.

Anyhow, I'd like to get one of these to use when I pack for our vacations. I think it would make more room in the suitcases compared to how I fold clothes.

The only problem is, the only store they sell them at (aside from online) is the Container Store and we don't have one anywhere around here. And we leave next Friday for vacation, so I was hoping to find one that I could buy today. But no luck.

If you do have a folding device that's the same thing but not the FlipFold brand, do you like it and where did you get it? Thanks

Try Magellan Travel.

http://www.magellans.com/store/Packing_Aids___Packing_Cubes___Folders

HSN

http://www.hsn.com/home-solutions/debbee-flipfold-original-folding-boards-2-pack-adult_pf-115249_xp.aspx?&rdr=1&cm_mmc=PLA-_-Google-_-Home%20Solutions-_-6494153

I only use ours for folding shirts to put into the folders. Much neater and easier than using the board included with the folders.

I can fold clothes fine without this device. I buy some clothes which do not or barely wrinkle. Other get folded on the outside of other to make for soft fold and not creases. Then you can steam the worst out in the shower. After that I am too busy being on vacation to worry about it.

Get it if you wish, but know many clothing stores have simple boards to guide folding.

I work in retail and all you really need is a solid rectangle board.

Lay the shirt out on a wide surface, place the board in the middle (so the collar is above the board)

Fold one side over, followed by the sleeve, then the same on the next side. Fold the bottom up and then pull the board out from the top. BAM perfect board fold.

I started working in my family's clothing business at age 8 or 9 and can fold with the best of 'em so here's my hint....use cardboard.

I pack everything in plastic and some of the dollar stores have great heavy weight plastic bags that are perfect for men's shirts.

Cut the cardboard about 2 inches smaller than the plastic bag and fold away.

It works just as well as the Eagle Creek folding board wasting away in my luggage storage heaven.

I just got mine about three days ago! I've been folding everything in sight! :o

I really like mine. I've been buying a few cruise-only clothes on clearance sales lately, and the FlipFold makes them the perfect size to fit into 2-gallon ziplock baggies.

I'd never heard of this and it certainly looks interesting but I think I'll keep my Eagle Creek Pack-it's.

On my last cruise, I had 2 of them as well as packing cubes to hold socks, undies, and one for all the odds and ends.

When we arrived, I pulled each think out of my suitcase, put it in a drawer, hung up the hangers and I was unpacked.

My travel partner was amazed at how much extra room I had in my suitcase and how easily I unpacked and everything was wrinkle free

I'd never heard of this and it certainly looks interesting but I think I'll keep my Eagle Creek Pack-it's.

On my last cruise, I had 2 of them as well as packing cubes to hold socks, undies, and one for all the odds and ends.

When we arrived, I pulled each think out of my suitcase, put it in a drawer, hung up the hangers and I was unpacked.

My travel partner was amazed at how much extra room I had in my suitcase and how easily I unpacked and everything was wrinkle free

They are two different things. A FlipFold is merely an easy way to fold clothes. The Eagle Creek PackIts are for your suitcase. There is no way to pack in the FlipFold.

Nice device, but i don't think i would use it. I bought a thin cutting board for the same purpose, and still fold my shirts w/o using it. I have a cruise in a week or so, and spent this morning ironing and folding the shirts before I packed them.

Happy Sailing!!!

I use a piece of cardboard that came in the carton when my husband purchased a new dress shirt. Use it for shirts and tees. As these items are now all the same size it makes packing easier.

Sandy in Spain

Had the flip 'n fold for about 15 years ( after seeing one being used in the Nike outlet). Bought it at a Flea Market for about $9..............love it. ;)

Clean folds (with or without a device) plus tissue paper (lay it on top of the flat item and fold it in as you go), then placing the folded item in either a large zip-loc baggie or other packing bag results in lots of packing space and nearly wrinkle free clothing.

The other benefit of packing things inside bags is that if your luggage is searched by the TSA they'll only move them around, without touching or disturbing your folded clothes.

I use the Eagle Pack-It folder, which has a plastic insert around which you can fold shirts and slacks etc. But it goes one step further by allowing you to pile up evenly folded things and put them in a separate envelope.

It works great for:

1. going on one night business trips. There's a smaller one that fits in my attache case, so instead of my second day's clothes ending up being shoved in the bottom of my attache case, crushed by my laptop, they are kept neat.

2. Embarkation day. We put our clothes for boarding day in a Pack-It folder either in an outside pocket of a larger suitcase, or on top of the larger suitcase, so we can just take that out and our clothes for that day are kept separately and neatly and we don't have to dig around in our suitcase for something to wear.

3. Generally keeping DH's button down shirts very very neat and crisp looking.

I love it - and things do pack better and more tightly when they are well folded.

Love the Eagle Pack-It Folder.

Archived