Advise on where to stay in Ft Lauderdale.

afrazier319

Where to stay for these dates Dec 15th 2012 & Dec 23rd 2012.

Looking for advise on where to stay in Ft Lauderdale. We will be flying in the day before the cruise and possible staying an extra day after we get back on the 23rd. Looking for a hotel that is nice, close to beach and not to expensive. It will be me, husband and daughter. Also may include my mother and father in law.

Thanks…

www.sunny.org has info on most FLL area hotels. What's your budget? :confused:

We like the Embassy Suites - close to the port, big rooms, great breakfast, nice pool, shopping and dining options within walking distance, and free happy hour! :D

Good luck! :)

You want to stay in the Downtown/17th St./Port area or possibley the beach area. For your dates, it should not be very busy, and it is very possible to get the excellent 4* Renaissance for less than $80 on priceline. It's less than a mile from the port, about 2 miles from the airport, walking distance to nice restauants. Close to the water taxi. A fantastic value if you can get it on priceline.

If you will use priceline, be sure to book a backup hotel that you can cancel for a full refund. And be sure to read and understand the information on sites like betterbidding.com and biddingfortravel.com before you bid

Some "not too expensive" hotels by the beach area:

Alhambra

Bahia Mar

Best Western Oceanside

Marriott Courtyard

December can get expensive and Alhambra books up quickly because it is very small and best price.

Royal, where is the Alhambra hotel located? How far from the beach? Will have to check out the reviews. Bob:)

Alhambra is 2 buildings away from the beach, just west of Casablanca Cafe. This is somewhere between the Westin and the Ritz Carlton. The water taxi stops 2 blocks away.

If you go to Hotwire.com the 15th offers two beach hotels for low prices under $100. The 3 1/2 star with 85% recomendation, is the Sheraton which is right on the beach.

Didn't check the post date, but expect it to be higher.

If you go to Hotwire.com the 15th offers two beach hotels for low prices under $100. The 3 1/2 star with 85% recomendation, is the Sheraton which is right on the beach.

Didn't check the post date, but expect it to be higher.

I was looking for next May. It said beach area. I did not see any "on the beach." So is that how it is worded? It was 104...4 stars, beach area.

I was looking for next May. It said beach area. I did not see any "on the beach." So is that how it is worded? It was 104...4 stars, beach area.

With the Hotwire Fort Lauderdale beach area, some of the hotels are on the beach, some are across the street from the beach, and the rest are somewhere between the intracoastal waterway and the ocean.

http://www.betterbidding.com/index.php?showtopic=67&

Use this link to betterbidding.com's list of hotwire hotels for Ft L. The 4 star beach hotels are Hyatt pier 66, Il Lugano, B Ocean, W or Westin .

Compare the amenities list to waht you found on hotwire and narrow it down. Do some research on the hotels possible and make sure you could live with any of them.

Archived