Possibly booking on the Glory. Any suggestions?

lola4795

Our NCL cruise was just cancelled due to a charter. Norwegian is being difficult to work with for new dates, so we are in the process of getting our $$ refunded.

We need to cruise on the same dates as what we originally planned. The Carnival Glory meets that criteria.

This sailing is less expensive than our booked sailing. It looks like we can upgrade to an Ocean View Cabin.

Does anyone have any suggestions for categories or decks? Are there certain areas we definitely want to stay away from?

Thanks!

I would pull up the deck plans on cruisedeckplans. com and avoid being under the galley (kitchen). being under the MDR is fine, just not under the kitchen as it is not carpeted.

Thats if you are looking on Main deck. I dont know of any problems for riveria deck.

Glory is going into dry dock mid. November. To get refurbished and upgrade 2.0 stuff. I'd be reluctant to cruise right before this. Not sure what your dates were?

Unfortunately for us we booked the second to last cruise before these upgrades:(. I am sure if you avoid "the white space" and check whats going on above and below your room you will be fine.

Having been on the Glory, Id say wherever you liked on your NCL cruise would be the same. My advice is always to have a residential deck above and below you to avoid unwanted noise. Otherwise enjoy!!

We had a TA for our NCL cruise. We just took the room he told us was best. We didn't really look into the reasoning. We're just booking straight with Carnival for this cruise.

Is it better to have a room near the elevators or further away? Is there a lot of noise in this area?

Of the two decks, which is more desirable: Main or Riviera?

Is it better to have a room near the elevators or further away? Is there a lot of noise in this area?

I'm really curious to know the answer to this!

We have sailed the Glory a handful of times. We usually get deck 6 or 7, my wife likes near the elevators, I like near the washing machines(end of the corridor, midship).

Both decks are usually pretty quiet, minus the occasional person drunkenly looking for their room at 3am.

We had a TA for our NCL cruise. We just took the room he told us was best. We didn't really look into the reasoning. We're just booking straight with Carnival for this cruise.

I'm really curious to know the answer to this!

To be honest I prefer it up higher. On our first cruise we were on the panarama deck, second on the lido. Our third on the glory we will be on the empress deck.

I know some have reported noise on the riviera in the morning due to the anchor? There are numerous threads on this somewhere. Hopefully someone can give you more info!

We did the Lido deck a few years back and absolutely loved it. In two minutes out and about with all the action/food/etc. Then back where the cabins are to the nice and quiet. Best of both worlds on ONE deck!;)

On the glory we had one of the L-shaped cabins and we loved it. I would definately book one again, if its available. They were already sold out on our upcoming cruise on the Freedom, so we had to go with a regular balcony. Its so quiet in the corner back there... it was like our own little oasis for a great price!

If you don't mind an inside room, book the Lido deck. I love the convenience of this deck, you are so close to everything! Or look to see if there are any Obstructed View inside rooms, these are really an Oceanview room. You can find these on both the Upper, Empress,Verandah, Lido, and Panorama.

Just make sure you do not book the HC rooms. Also some of the rooms do not convert to a King bed.

Riveria deck--midship close to the aft elevators.

Food/pools are in the aft part of the ship- you will be heading for food / drinks at least twice a day.

There is really no noise from elevators-- and if people are rude and loud they will be loud and rude heading down the hall anyways--so why no go for convenience

We have stayed on empress deck 7 in the cabin right by the elvator-- up two decks for food. down two decks for entertainment.

The main deck will have galled above you and some noisy areas.

Riveria is a very quiet deck- but like some one above posted-- the further aft you head the move vibration/shuddering you may get when leaving and entering a port

Archived