RCCL Oasis of the Seas Aft or midship for seasickness

hbr777

Hi all!

I have a Central Park view balcony midship cabin booked on deck 11 of the Oasis of the Seas for a July sailing.

If I have the opportunity to upgrade to a outside balcony cabin - but it would be aft - should I do it?

I have never cruised before because I get motion sick. I have vertigo. I plan on using a patch for the cruise. I am a bit terrified of getting sick!

If you were prone to motion sickness, would you give up your midship Central Park cabin and take the aft outside balcony cabin? The ship is huge and I am hoping that the size might help!

I am sorry if this will scare you even more, but for people with sea sickness it is recommended to have a cabin in the middle of the ship, in the lower part of it. Don't know how many decks on Oasis, but 11 seems a bit high.

Oasis/Allure usually have no problem with much movement at all...However please do further research in regards to using the "patch" as it can have some unwanted side effect (blurred vision being a common one) check with your health care provider for your personal options...Enjoy your cruise.

Hello

In April, my husband and I and two grandchildren sailed on the Allure. We had two connecting CPV cabins on deck 9. We also previously said on the Oasis, same deck- We loved the cabins. No movement at all! The perfect spot for those who fear that they might experience sea sickness. Great cabins- very comfortable and a great view.

You would enjoy this location. I like it better then then looking at the sea.

Enjoy

the higher you go the more you will feel the sway- especially if you already suffer from motion sickness.

I agree with the above poster-- I would look into something other then the patch.

This ship is very stable. We sailed on Allure within 250 nautical miles of the eye of Hurricane Irene. The sea was very rough and wave swells were very high. Some of the outdoor decks had to be closed. Our cabin was pretty far forward, but no matter where we were on the ship, it didn't rock. Truly, we felt almost no movement at all.

Archived