Truth about the Sanctuary

Kathiebrown

Would the Sanctuary be good for a cold weather cruise, such as NY to Canada?

Because, it is at the bow of the ship and up many decks, even with the glass wind screens, it can get chilly up there. Even in the Caribbean... I always request extra towels as blankets...:)

Just off the Sapphire last week, Vancouver to Los Angeles.

We booked the Sanctuary for two days at the $20 rate, but they said that you could book for the whole week at a discount. It was a bit chilly in the late afternoons but they had blankets in addition to the towels. They also said that during the Alaska season they do special glacier viewing day passes for $60 that includes a picture and special drinks.

Just off the Sapphire last week, Vancouver to Los Angeles.

We booked the Sanctuary for two days at the $20 rate, but they said that you could book for the whole week at a discount. It was a bit chilly in the late afternoons but they had blankets in addition to the towels. They also said that during the Alaska season they do special glacier viewing day passes for $60 that includes a picture and special drinks.

Great info! Thanks!

Princess changed policy on the Sanctuary back in March. You have to book day by day they no longer allow you to book for the entire cruise. I personally experienced this on the Emerald in March. We were on the first cruise with the new policy. What a stupid change in my opinion.

That is totally anti-Sanctuary spirit ! How wonderful to know I will have to get up early everyday' date=' get there and just hope I get a lounge in the area I prefer.. That is one obligation and procedure I would like to [i']escape[/i] completly from...:mad:

That is totally anti-Sanctuary spirit ! How wonderful to know I will have to get up early everyday, get there and just hope I get a lounge in the area I prefer.. That is one obligation and procedure I would like to escape completly from...:mad:

Posts from those on other ships recently indicate you can still book for the entire cruise on embarkation day.

Can we book one lounger for the entire cruise, but alternate using it between DH and me? He would like to use it early and I would use it later in the day. Is this possible? Thanks.

They let my mom use my lounger the last time we booked. No problem with that.

We were never up there at the same time.

Can I get my scooter up to the Sanctuary? Also, can TA make reservations? TU

You can only make reservations on board.

I am not sure about the scooter. I am not sure if there is an elevator that goes to that deck at the bow of the ship.

We're just off Star four days ago. I was surprised to see the Sanctuary virtually empty every time we passed by. I can't remember ever seeing more than three passengers in there at any given time. Then again, there were very few children on our cruise; I imagine it would be different at X-Mas, Summer break, etc. They did offer the 'full cruise' option when we went to look at it shortly after we boarded the ship.

Can I get my scooter up to the Sanctuary? Also, can TA make reservations? TU

Depends on the ship.

The Crown, Emerald and Ruby have an ADA elevator that goes from deck 16 to the Sanctuary on deck 17. The other existing ships do not.

I am on the Island princess in December and was hoping to book the sanctuary for the entire trip. In past cruises, I would go there early and book by the day, but I wanted to splurge this next vacation. I heard that you need to board the ship early in order to book your lounger, since the 50% allotted lounges are quickly booked. I am kind of stressed because I am worried that I won't make it there on time. Does anyone know how fast the cruise-long reservations fill-up? Thanks.

• 2 months later...
That is totally anti-Sanctuary spirit ! How wonderful to know I will have to get up early everyday, get there and just hope I get a lounge in the area I prefer.. That is one obligation and procedure I would like to escape completly from...:mad:

So either you have to be the first one on the ship or up at the crack of dawn to obtain a spot in the Sanctuary. It seems like Princess has found a way to capitalize on chair hogs.

So either you have to be the first one on the ship or up at the crack of dawn to obtain a spot in the Sanctuary. It seems like Princess has found a way to capitalize on chair hogs.

Now they should sell reserved seating in the show lounge!

Anybody recently off the Caribbean Princess know if the Sanctuary can be booked for the whole week?

Cannot answer your question directly, but I went to Sanctuary once on Caribbean Princess two weeks ago. It was a Xmas cruise, 758 kids on board, sea day, sunny, afternoon. But there was 0 people in Sanctuary except us.

If you are really interested is spending some time in the Sanctuary you should not assume that this is correct. Based on my observations and experiences the Sanctuary is seldom busy.

Cannot answer your question directly, but I went to Sanctuary once on Caribbean Princess two weeks ago. It was a Xmas cruise, 758 kids on board, sea day, sunny, afternoon. But there was 0 people in Sanctuary except us.

Sorry we didn't get to meet, we were in the sanctuary Xmas week - booked it when we boarded for the week. it was a great cruise.

mike in ct

• 10 months later...