look what I just got from Princess

scperk

Come aboard with Carnival.is is your exclusive invitation.

As a past guest of Princess Cruises, you are eligible for exclusive benefits within the World's Leading Cruise Lines family — this includes savings of up to 20% on a cruise with Carnival

®

Come experience Carnival’s fun spin on all your cruise favorites......And I have sailed with Carnival 25 times......Dennis

Not surprised as they are both owned by Carnival Corporation. We sail both lines and like both a lot. I get flyers from Holland America and Cunard as well (also owned by Carnival Corp.)

Happy cruising!

I think the OP's point is that he's sailed with Carnival 25 times and the wording of the ad implies he's never cruised with Carnival. You'd think since they got your name and address from Carnival they'd know you've actually sailed Carnival. LOL.

They only posted part of the email, it is a chance to enter a contest for a free cruise on the Updated Carnival Sunshine... It is from Princess so Princess probably does not have the info that you have cruised on Carnival 25 or 100 times. :rolleyes:

I think the OP's point is that he's sailed with Carnival 25 times and the wording of the ad implies he's never cruised with Carnival. You'd think since they got your name and address from Carnival they'd know you've actually sailed Carnival. LOL.

they have cruised with Princess, that is how they got his/her name... he is a past guest of Princess...:rolleyes:

I get mail from every cruise line.

Just because they are owned by the same parent company, they still operate independently.

I do agree, it makes them look like they have no clue whats going on when they do that....

I got the same email! I've cruised Princess once and Carnival 8 times. The email sort of implies you'll get 20% off due to your Princess past pax status:

"As a past guest of Princess Cruises, you are eligible for exclusive benefits within the World's Leading Cruise Lines family — this includes savings of up to 20% on a cruise with Carnival®."

And the email is from "Carnival Cruise Lines funships@carnivalfunmail.com"

The links in the email don't take me to any special discounts... just links to enter a "Europe for 2 cruise on the Carnival Sunshine" .

Really a strange email... kind of a marketing faux pas imo.

One of the Past Guest perks has always been "past guest discounts" on any cruise line under the Carnival Corporation umbrella....of which Princess is one.

And of course you also get the Stockholder's OBC on all cruise lines.

that % off is probably there early saver program....

I suspect its the VIPF rate, compared to fun select rate that they came up with the Up to 20% off figure if you cruised Princess before blah blah blah and trying to fool you into thinking the past guest rate is a deal just for you as a Princess past guest.

As a past guest of Princess Cruises, you are eligible for exclusive benefits within the World's Leading Cruise Lines family — this includes savings of up to 20% on a cruise with Carnival

®

Come experience Carnival’s fun spin on all your cruise favorites......And I have sailed with Carnival 25 times......Dennis

when I first saw this post I was wondering what Princess was giving now, When we cruised on the Emerald Princess in '09 we got an upgrade from an oceanview to a balcony with an oceanview guarantee + we got a brand new piece of luggage from Samsonite. Sweet ;)

®

I haven't sailed 25 times period but I did get an E-Mail from Princess asking me how I enjoyed my recent cruise with them. My recent cruise as on Carnival's Magic not Princess. Even though they are both until the same umbrealla I found it amusing.

Archived