New Camera for trip

Ghengis Klown

I don't have a lot of money, spent most of it for the vacation. My cell phones camera is much better then my current one. Like I said money is a issue so I know I won't get the best camera with the most bells and whistles. Around 200 is what I have in mind. Anyone have have ideas on a good budget camera? Anyone have one they like or liked? Thanks

I really love my Canon Elph I can't think of what number it has now mine is a couple years old. I love that I can stick it in my pocket and its all automatic just point and shoot.

I have been happy with this model camera as it is the second one I own. I bought my first one about 10 years ago and it did a heck of a job, I hope the new one will last as long. It ran about $200, it might be even cheaper now.

DD just got a Canon DSC-WX50 for HS graduation. Just what she needed, a small camera that is easy to use.

The battery can be charged inside the camera using a microUSB. The same cord as our Kindles and Blackberrys.

Anyone have a good recomendation for a waterproof camera??? I am looking for one that is not disposable. Like a Nikon or Panasonic......any help????

I bought DH a Panasonic Lumix TS 10 for about $160. I have a Nikon DSLR that he has no desire to use. His camera is a simple to use waterproof point and shoot. We have used it on 2 canoe trips, had it in the water, with no issues. The only thing you have to remember is to wipe the water drops off the lens after it has been in the water. Son forgot to do that and some of the pictures had distortion from the water drops. I was going to buy him a more expensive camera, he chose this one and loves it. I find myself using his camera when I don't want to risk mine. It takes really good pictures for a P & S.

I bought DH a Panasonic Lumix TS 10 for about $160. I have a Nikon DSLR that he has no desire to use. His camera is a simple to use waterproof point and shoot. We have used it on 2 canoe trips, had it in the water, with no issues. The only thing you have to remember is to wipe the water drops off the lens after it has been in the water. Son forgot to do that and some of the pictures had distortion from the water drops. I was going to buy him a more expensive camera, he chose this one and loves it. I find myself using his camera when I don't want to risk mine. It takes really good pictures for a P & S.

Thanks so much. My other point and shoot digital camera is a Panasonic Lumix and I really like it and its ease of use. I will definitely check out a waterproof Panasonic

Archived