Ultimate Soda & More Card

CruiseNut24

Is hot chocolate included in the coffee card ?

On most ships, yes. Of course, now just for the cruise on which the card was purchased.

If you have unused punches, you use a punch for hot chocolate on a fuiture cruise.

Im not a big drinker either Pam. What is in the Virgin Mary besides (Im guessing) tomato juice?

Karen

1. 3 oz of tomato juice
  2. 1/2 oz lemon juice
  3. 1 dash of Worcestershire sauce
  4. celery salt
  5. ground pepper
  6. hot pepper or Tabasco sauce
  7. celery stalk for garnish

Most likely it's a premix of the above with a celery stalk

• 2 weeks later...
Welcome to Cruise Critic.

Included:

o Your cabin, twice daily cabin service, soap, shampoo, towels, etc.

o Food in the main dining rooms, buffet, International Cafe (if there is one), Pizza counter, burger counter, soft-serve ice cream counter, British Pub lunch, room service ($3 charge for Pizza delivery; charge for party platters, canapes)

o Coffee made from a syrup, juice at breakfast time, tap water, milk, lemonade (in the buffet after breakfast hours)

o All entertainment

o Most activities (a charge for some exercise classes, golf simulator (if it still exists), pottery supplies and similar arts and crafts)

o Children's club activities

o Lectures by guest lecturers and others

o Use of pools, deck lounges (except for sanctuary area)

o MUTS (Movies Under The Stars)

Not included:

o Alcohol beverages, soda, bottled water, juice other than at breakfast, chocolate milk (except for kids), fresh brewed coffee, specialty coffees, milkshakes

o Specialty restaurants (one Italian, one steak), ultimate balcony dinner or breakfast, Chef's Table experience

o Ultimate ship's tour

o Purchase of photos taken by ship's photo staff (no charge to have the pictures taken). DVD of the cruise.

o Gambling (from slot machines to bingo)

o Art purchased at an art auction (can watch the auction and get some "sparking wine" at no cost).

o Spa treatments, beauty shop services

o Tips (A daily gratuity of $11.50 or $12 depending on cabin type will be added to your cabin account daily. This covers your cabin attendent, restaurant wait staff, room service personnel, staff in the buffet, and some others. You can tip extra if you wish. It does not cover tips for purchased beverages (15% will be added automatically to any beverage purchase as a tip), services such as spa treatments, children's club personnel).

o Shore excursions

o Internet, cell phone calls, ship-to-shore calls on the cabin phones

o Purchases in the ship's botiques

o Visiting the ship's medical department

o Use of the sanctuary (an adults only section away from noise and with great ervice and thick cushions)

The best place to get more information is to go to the Princess web site and download the "Cruise Answer Book." It may answer questions you did not know you had.

You may also want to go to the Roll Call section of Cruise Critic and join the roll call for your cruise. You will meet people online who will be on your cruise and be able to answer many of your questions.

Great info...where do you find this answer book. I have searched and nothing comes up for it.

Edit...Never mind...I finally found it.

Edited by jenseib

Another question...where do you buy this package at...Just at the bar?

If you mean one of the soda packages, at any bar.

Also on embakation day there will be tables set up in various places selling them.

It is actually hard to avoid the opportunity to purchase these.

Another question...where do you buy this package at...Just at the bar?
Anywhere. There will probably be a sign-up table just inside the embarkation area plus any bar, lounge, dining room or buffet.

Here's a photo I took on my BVE on the Sapphire a couple of months ago:

DSC00065.JPG

Anywhere. There will probably be a sign-up table just inside the embarkation area plus any bar, lounge, dining room or buffet.

Here's a photo I took on my BVE on the Sapphire a couple of months ago:

DSC00065.JPG

If you ore purchase this card is the sticker already on your card whe you board? Or do you have to go get it somewhere when you board?

I know the tumbler would be in the cabin but wondering if stick will be on card?

Does anyone know if they have spite zero? As a fountain drink?

When we last sailed, Spring 2012, Diet Coke was the only diet drink available with the care. I don't know what they offer in cans though (and cans are not part of any card deal.)

I purchase the "Ultimate Pkg #2" and get smoothies and mocktails and an occasional milk shake [i'm not much of a wine/alcohol person] and, I can only drink decaf coffee which I doctor-up to the hilt, so I really don't care whether it's fresh brewed or syrup. But, when you're sitting by the pool, chit-chatting with friends, watching a movie or enjoying a good book there's nothing like a banana/strawberry smoothie or a mocktail to quench your thirst.

And, an occasional vanilla, strawberry or chocolate shake is so much fun! To slowly sip during a show or while reading. ;)

I bring a 12 pack of caffeine free diet coke and pack it in a suitcase to be delivered to my cabin. I empty out the contents [usually cans of soda to be purchased] in the refrigerator and fill it with my coke and leave room enough for an occasional left over brought down from the buffet; especially a plate of various cuts of cheeses to have as a snack later.

Your steward will supply you with a bucket of ice to be used with your cold drinks.

Edited by wizard-of-roz

• 2 weeks later...

Is the ultimate drink package good anywhere, anytime? If DH and I both got one, we could have 4 mocktails delivered to cabin, or to the dining room? I notice that the sign does not mention hot chocolate.

• 1 month later...
New to princess, so I wanted to check, I understand that Princess will let you bring 2 bottles of wine on board, but will they let you bring a case of soda?

thanks

I always put carry on a case of soda and have never had any problems

Is the ultimate drink package good anywhere, anytime? If DH and I both got one, we could have 4 mocktails delivered to cabin, or to the dining room? I notice that the sign does not mention hot chocolate.

If DH and you both got ONE that would be two. I've never had them delivered to the cabin but I do get them at dinner, in the dining room, at the pool or at a bar, anytime.

I believe you can get hot chocolate with the ultimate pkg. However, I have not done so, yet.

• 2 months later...

Really silly question but have to ask as I'm considering the ultimate soda package after reading this thread! I enjoy the occasional bloody mary, how would it work if I ordered a virgin mary (included in the package) and a single vodka to 'mix my own' cocktail. Would you be charged just for the spirit or a cocktail

?!

Really silly question but have to ask as I'm considering the ultimate soda package after reading this thread! I enjoy the occasional bloody mary' date=' how would it work if I ordered a virgin mary (included in the package) and a single vodka to 'mix my own' cocktail. Would you be charged just for the spirit or a cocktail

?![/quote']

You'd be charged for a single vodka, whatever that charge is. The virgin mary is so strong....you'd swear there was vodka in it. I know it's just the tobasco but it's so strong! At least for me it is!

For me it's worth it because I ordered a mocktail or a smoothie in every venue I sat in. There was a wonderful fruit smoothie in the International Cafe that was so good and so refreshing. Everyone around me wanted one and I could have ordered as many as I wanted. It really pays for someone like me to buy the Ultimate Drink Package, they make no money off of me!

On our 16nt cruise, it was well worth every penny. I had several mocktails each day plus milkshakes and ice cream. As already posted anything over 3 drinks a day is definitely worth the money and those temperatures you will develop a thirst!

Andos.

For me it's worth it because I ordered a mocktail or a smoothie in every venue I sat in. There was a wonderful fruit smoothie in the International Cafe that was so good and so refreshing. Everyone around me wanted one and I could have ordered as many as I wanted. It really pays for someone like me to buy the Ultimate Drink Package, they make no money off of me!

Do you remember what the smoothie was? I'd love to try it on my trip!

My husband and I are going on the Ruby Princess in February for an early Anniversary trip. Would we both have to buy the drink card? Or could we both use the same one?
Because it's unlimited, it's a sticker that goes on the card of the person it's purchased for. So, it can't/shouldn't be shared any more than going to a buffet restaurant, paying for one person and both of you getting plates and loading up.