Booking while onboard

Sparkygirl

We are booked on the sky for labor day in reading through latitudes and the NCL website DH and I are thinking of booking our next cruise while on board for at least 9 months later for the increased latitude points.

How does booking onboard work? We used a travel agent for this cruise. Will they be helpful with finding a least expensive option we are free time wise cost is our limiting factor.

We are booked on the sky for labor day in reading through latitudes and the NCL website DH and I are thinking of booking our next cruise while on board for at least 9 months later for the increased latitude points.

How does booking onboard work? We used a travel agent for this cruise. Will they be helpful with finding a least expensive option we are free time wise cost is our limiting factor.

You don't book on board. You will get the extra latitudes points no matter who you book with. What you can do on board is buy a Future Cruise Certificate. For $250, you get an instant $100 on board credit, so it effectively reduces the price to $150. You then use that certificate to book your next (5 or more day) cruise (through NCL or your TA). Unless you book a high end suite, this certificate covers the deposit for your whole room. While you can purchase up to 4 of these certificates, you can only use ONE PER ROOM, not per person. You have something like 4 years to use them too. It's a good deal and I'm sorry I didn't get one myself.

Just to clarify a bit... When you buy a $250 Future Cruise Credit, you receive an instant $100 OBC. In essence, you are paying $150 for a credit worth $250. When you arrive home, using a TA or on your own, find an NCL cruise of interest and you use the FCC to serve as the entire deposit. $250 gets applied as a deposit and no additional money is due until the final payment date.

You may book while you're on board, but you would do so using the ship's painfully slow Internet connection.

You may book while you're on board, but you would do so using the ship's painfully slow Internet connection.

I wonder how much money they could make if they allowed free internet to ncl.com or did onboard bookings...?

You are allowed to access NCL.com for free using the internet cafe. The Cruise Consultant helped us with this when we purchased a Cruise Reward Certificate. However, the connection was so slow and would freeze up. We decided not to waste time on our present cruise, making arrangements for our next cruise and took are of that the same week we arrived home. :)

We are T minus 37 days to a Greek cruise out of Venice booked using our Future Cruise Credit booked on our Hawaiian NCL Cruise.

Knew we would be going on another at some point, and found this cruise in a summer we were already going to be in Tuscany!

Glad I did it.

Thank you for all of this wonderful information! This deal has gotten much better as I've read your responses. It will fit our schedules perfectly to purchase this certificate onboard and then wait to book when we get home looking for another sailing at a great price.

I was thinking that I would have to board with an idea of what next cruise I wanted to book and that was just too much pressure since we booked this one only 3 months out and I am usually a year or two out planner gal. We desperately need a break and the pampering of a cruise.

Am familiar with future cruise credits on Princess and this sounds like a similar program. Question for NCL experts please. We have booked on Jade for 11 night Holy Land next year. Have a suite with reduced deposit and

OBC from NCL. We will be on the Sky in September. If we buy one of these would we be able to apply the 250 (and receive credit) as part of payment or would we have to rebook and potentially lose existing OBC?

Thanks in advance.

ps. assume that these can be turned back for 'refund' if not used or do you have to wait four years and then apply?

Am familiar with future cruise credits on Princess and this sounds like a similar program. Question for NCL experts please. We have booked on Jade for 11 night Holy Land next year. Have a suite with reduced deposit and

OBC from NCL. We will be on the Sky in September. If we buy one of these would we be able to apply the 250 (and receive credit) as part of payment or would we have to rebook and potentially lose existing OBC?

Thanks in advance.

ps. assume that these can be turned back for 'refund' if not used or do you have to wait four years and then apply?

If you don't use them, the money is lost.

You've booked already for Sept. therefore you have already placed a deposit down on that cruise. You'd have to cancel and rebook if you wanted to use a future cruise credit, you might be getting a better deal or you might not and lose your OBC. Things to look into before you go. The FCC is valid for 4 years, on cruises 5 days or more and are transferable.

Thanks for the reply. I am surprised that you would lose the value of the cert if you don't use. Princess allows refund after four years.

Probably not worth the gamble unless you know for sure you will be going on an NCL cruise.

• 3 weeks later...

Really dumb question -- is the FCC an actual number or certificate you have to keep track of or is it tied to your Latitudes account? How would you use your FCC if you were booking through a travel site?

Are they transferable to another person like to give as a gift or share with a group you may travel with in the future?

Really dumb question -- is the FCC an actual number or certificate you have to keep track of or is it tied to your Latitudes account? How would you use your FCC if you were booking through a travel site?

Are they transferable to another person like to give as a gift or share with a group you may travel with in the future?

Yes, the FCC is tied to your Latitudes account. It takes about a week after your cruise for it to show up in your account. Your Travel Agent asks NCL to use the FCC as your deposit when booking the next cruise - just be sure to tell them to ask for it and give them your Latitudes number.

Yes, they are transferable. The salesperson on board can give you all the info on any restrictions.

Yes, the FCC is tied to your Latitudes account. It takes about a week after your cruise for it to show up in your account. Your Travel Agent asks NCL to use the FCC as your deposit when booking the next cruise - just be sure to tell them to ask for it and give them your Latitudes number.

Yes, they are transferable. The salesperson on board can give you all the info on any restrictions.

I purchased one on my cruise 6/9-6/16. Where in my NCL account would I find it? I just logged into my account and I don't see anything about it unless I'm just not looking in the right place.

I purchased one on my cruise 6/9-6/16. Where in my NCL account would I find it? I just logged into my account and I don't see anything about it unless I'm just not looking in the right place.

It's not visible online. You have to call to have them look to make sure it is there.

Here is all the fine print associated with purchasing a Future Cruise Deposit.

Norwegian's Freestyle Cruise Rewards Terms & Conditions for US and Canada

To redeem your Freestyle Cruise Rewards please call your Travel Professional or Norwegian at 1-866-234-7352. At time of booking, please notify us or your Travel Professional that your Freestyle Cruise Rewards deposit will be applied to the reservation. Cruise Rewards cannot be redeemed online.

1. When you charge a $250 Freestyle Cruise Rewards Deposit to your shipboard account, you will receive Cruise Reward credit in USD or CAD based on which office your current cruise was purchased (credit will go in your Norwegian guest record or Norwegian Latitudes account); and an instant $100 shipboard credit towards your current cruise.

2. Your Freestyle Cruise Rewards Deposit is charged in U.S. dollars. You must be 21 years of age or older to charge a $250 Freestyle Cruise Rewards to your shipboard account.

3. A maximum of four (4) Freestyle Cruise Rewards Deposits may be purchased per person.

4. Freestyle Cruise Rewards Deposits are refundable only within 30 days of purchase, in the amount paid minus the amount of the instant $100 shipboard credit. A Freestyle Cruise Rewards Deposit can only be applied to a new reservation and otherwise has no cash value and is not redeemable or exchangeable for cash. Cruise Rewards Deposits are transferable at no charge.

5. Freestyle Cruise Rewards Deposits are valid for sailings of 6 days or longer.

6. Limit one (1) Freestyle Cruise Rewards Deposit may be used per stateroom; and may be used as the full deposit for all staterooms except Specialty Suites, The Haven and Garden Villas (staterooms requiring enhanced deposit). One (1) Freestyle Cruise Rewards Deposit may be used as a partial deposit towards the full required deposit for Specialty Suites, Courtyard Villas and Garden Villas.

7. Freestyle Cruise Rewards Deposits are valid for new reservations made within 4 years from the date of purchase, and become null and void after expiration. Failure to redeem and sail within 4 years will result in forfeiture of Freestyle Cruise Rewards Deposit.

8. You must notify Norwegian or your Travel Professional that a Freestyle Cruise Rewards Deposit will be applied at the time of reservation. No black-out dates will apply. Reservations are subject to availability.

9. Freestyle Cruise Rewards Deposits cannot be combined with chartered cruises, employee, friends and family, interline and travel agent rates.

10. To cancel a reservation made with a Freestyle Cruise Rewards Deposit, you must submit the cancellation in writing and it must be received by Norwegian in accordance with Norwegian cancellation policies and procedures. The Freestyle Cruise Rewards Deposit will be re-issued minus any cancellation fees, but will retain its original expiration date. If you cancel a reservation made with a Freestyle Cruise Rewards Deposit after its expiration date, it will be forfeited. You are expected to have appropriate travel documentation. Cancellations due to lack of appropriate travel documentation (e.g., improper or expired visas or passports, etc.) will incur applicable cancellation fees.

11. In addition to these Terms and Conditions, you must comply with the NCL the NCL (Bahamas) Ltd. d/b/a NCL and/or NCL America Inc.'s (together "NCL") Terms and Conditions of the Cruise Brochure and Passenger Ticket Contract.

• 1 month later...

Are there any benifits to booking ypur next cruise while you are on board We always buy a Cruise Reward while on board, but wondered if there are other benefits....obc, dinners, anything?

I spoke with someone that thought she was getting a $600 credit, (she usually books inside rooms), when she booked on board. Can this be true?

Archived