Aussie & NZ wines on Rhapsody

Hi all

Pretty new around here, mostly researching from existing threads.

We'll be first time cruisers in January 2013 on Rhapsody of the Seas. Looking forward to it very much!

Just wondering if anyone has a copy of the Australian and NZ wine packages that can be purchased on RCI ships out of Sydney? I can't find it anywhere on their website and haven't tracked one down here either. Doesn't matter if it just the wine list not the package - we just want to know what wines can be bought.

Cheers!

I'd like to see that package too. We sailed on Rhapsody in 2009 and didn't know about the Aussie package until boarding. By then I had already purchased one of their other packages online so had to stick with that. We weren't very impressed with a few either, especially at the price we paid when the AUD was about 55cUS!

This time on Voyager we will get the AUS/NZ Package if its available.

Hope this helps if you haven't already seen it.....this is from the "Wine Cellar" selection that you can pre-order and have either delivered to your cabin or to your dinner table..... i am a big fan of the Chilean and Argentinian wines;);)

Blush Wines

Item# 1267 White Zinfandel, Beringer 31.10 AUD

Item# 1268 Mas De La Dame,Provence France 40.30 AUD

Champagnes & Sparkling Wines

Item# 1201 Moet & Chandon, Brut, Champagne 79.40 AUD

Item# 1207 Dom Perignon, Brut 217.40 AUD

Item# 1215 Asti Spumante, Martini & Rossi, Piedmont 33.40 AUD

Item# 1216 Domaine St Michelle Brut, California, USA 33.40 AUD

Item# 1218 Domain Chandon, Brut, California 49.50 AUD

Item# 1405 Alcohol Free Sutter Home Spark 26.50 AUD

Red Wines

Item# 1228 Fumé Blanc, Robert Mondavi Winery 40.00 AUD

Item# 1234 Cabernet Castle Rock 31.10 AUD

Item# 1321 Estancia, "Pinnacles Ranches" 44.90 AUD

Item# 1323 Arboleda, Carmenere, Chile 43.70 AUD

Item# 1324 Malbec Familia Rutini Argentin 40.30 AUD

Item# 1325 Bodegas Sierra Cantabria Rioja 51.80 AUD

Item# 1349 Cabernet Sauvignon, Robert Mondavi 66.70 AUD

Item# 1365 Caliterra Tributo Cabernet 40.30 AUD

Item# 1386 Shiraz, Rosemount Estate, South Eastern Australia 40.30 AUD

Item# 1407 Alchol Free Sutter Home Red 26.50 AUD

Item# 1432 Zinfandel, Ravenswood 40.30 AUD

Item# 1434 Merlot Baron Herzog (Kosher) 41.40 AUD

Item# 1441 Merlot, Blackstone Sonoma Ca 48.30 AUD

Item# 1453 Merlot, Mont Gras Reserva 40.30 AUD

White Wines

Item# 1227 Fume Blanc, Ferrari-Carano, 51.80 AUD

Item# 1229 Sauvignon Blanc Kim Crawford 44.90 AUD

Item# 1230 Chardonnay Castle Rock 31.10 AUD

Item# 1231 Chardonnay Mer Soleil 67.90 AUD

Item# 1232 Viognier, Cline 41.40 AUD

Item# 1233 Albarino, Paco & Lola Spain 51.80 AUD

Item# 1285 Chardonnay, Penfold's, South Eastern Australia 43.70 AUD

Item# 1295 Sauvignon Blanc, Caliterra, Valle Central, Chile 33.40 AUD

Item# 1308 Pinot Grigio, Danzante, Italy 38.00 AUD

Item# 1313 Conundrum, Caymus 56.40 AUD

Item# 1406 Alcohol Free Sutter Home Chard 26.50 AUD

Item# 1435 Chardonay Baron Herzog(Kosher) 41.40 AUD

and here's the link for the current wine packages.............can't give you price yet we are more than two months out from cruising........:D

http://media.royalcaribbean.com/content/royal/en_US/pdf/SampleWineMenu.pdf

The Aus/NZ package was a separate one, in addition to the Gold, Platinum & Diamond packages on the website.

We didn't know about it back then before our first RCI cruise, so hope they still offer it next season.

Thanks for the replies. All useful information. It's just curiosity anyway -not like I'll cancel a cruise as part of a big family group if I don't like the wine! Hey there's always beer and cocktails!

If someone does stumble on the separate Aussie & Kiwi package then there will no doubt be some interested readers.

Cheers

Dave

• 4 months later...
Hi all

Pretty new around here, mostly researching from existing threads.

We'll be first time cruisers in January 2013 on Rhapsody of the Seas. Looking forward to it very much!

Just wondering if anyone has a copy of the Australian and NZ wine packages that can be purchased on RCI ships out of Sydney? I can't find it anywhere on their website and haven't tracked one down here either. Doesn't matter if it just the wine list not the package - we just want to know what wines can be bought.

Cheers!

Hi:p

We done honolulu to sydney on 25th Sept for 18 days ,I brought the wine package ,when we got on the the ship in the dining room 12 bottles Chardonay $395-00 :)

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Tangogulf, am interested in any emailed reply from RCL about an aussie/nz wine package too! Not keen on most of the wines we've had (not a fan of 'fruity' sav. blancs :( ). Hope you get an informative reply to post here soon

• 2 weeks later...

Perhaps they misunderstood the question or the person responding didn't know but the email reply to the question about Oz wine packages (and examples) met with the following response which is less than thrilling.

The attachment is the same as the sample wine lists floating around on CC and on the RCI website. Its just the Gold, Diamond, Platinum wine listing.

Good Afternoon

Thank you for your email and please accept my apologies for the delayed response.

Yes we do offer wine packages onboard, however they are not specifically tailored to the Australia/NZ sailing's.

Please find attached example wine list for the packages. Please note each ships list is subject to change due to availability.

(See attached file: SampleWineMenu.pdf)

Please do not hesitate to contact us if you have any further queries.

Kind Regards,

Tracy

Cruise Administration Consultant

We bought a prepaid wine package on our last cruise. I think it worked out between $30 - $40 per bottle, and in the end we found only one of them was to our tastes, which was a NZ SSB.

When we boarded they were selling Australian wine packages, which were cheaper than the prepaid ones on the website, and with wines we knew, but I can't remember how much cheaper. This time I will wait and purchase when we board.

Perhaps they misunderstood the question or the person responding didn't know but the email reply to the question about Oz wine packages (and examples) met with the following response which is less than thrilling.

Provisioning for these ships is done out of the US. I don't know how they source the local wines, but presumably it's done their with the rest of their supplies, so the local office isn't across it. (Ideally they would have found out, but anyway...)

Ah, but Barry, thou cannot use thy Visa Card in Heaven old son. SKI mate.[/quote

Ha ha agree:D

(Quote)We bought a prepaid wine package on our last cruise. I think it worked out between $30 - $40 per bottle, and in the end we found only one of them was to our tastes, which was a NZ SSB.

When we boarded they were selling Australian wine packages, which were cheaper than the prepaid ones on the website, and with wines we knew, but I can't remember how much cheaper. This time I will wait and purchase when we board.(end quote)

And the moral to this story is:

Wait until you get onboard to buy your wine package, we had the same experience.

• 2 weeks later...

This is in FAQ of Royal Caribbean Website.

Back to Onboard Policies

s.gif

Onboard Policies

Print This Page

Q: Can I bring alcohol or non-alcoholic beverages (from home or from a port) on board?

A: Guests are not allowed to bring beer, hard liquor or non-alcoholic beverages onboard for consumption or any other use. Guests wishing to bring personal wine and champagne onboard may do so only on boarding day, limited to two (2) 750 ml bottles per stateroom. When consumed in any public area, each bottle shall be subject to a corkage fee of $25.00. Additional bottles of wine beyond two (2) bottles that are brought onboard or any alcoholic beverages purchased in ports-of-call or from Shops On Board will be stored by the ship and delivered to your stateroom on the last day of the sailing. Alcoholic beverages seized on embarkation day will not be returned.

Security may inspect containers (water bottles, soda bottles, mouthwash, luggage etc.) and will dispose of containers holding alcohol. Guests who violate any alcohol policies, (over consume, provide alcohol to people under age 21, demonstrate irresponsible behavior, or attempt to conceal alcoholic items at security and or luggage check points or any other time), may be disembarked or not allowed to board, at their own expense, in accordance with our Guest Conduct Policy. Guests who are under the permitted drinking age will not have alcohol returned to them.

Please Note: All guests must comply with TSA guidelines for transporting liquids.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

we are just back from the Radiance (had an absolutely brilliant time!!) and I purchased the Aussie/NZ Platinum wine package onboard - 12 bottles for $345. It only seemed to be available at the time of boarding and I did have to specifically ask for the Aussie package as its on a different list to the normal wine package they offer you when you board (same deal though - choose from Gold, Platinum & Diamond packages).

I only looked at the Whites & Sparkling - wines were reasonable (nothing too flash!) - cant remember exact choices but some were Wolf Blass, Lindemans, Dashwood plus a few from Margaret River & Hawkes Bay. I only drank them with dinner in the MDR and didnt have a problem finding one to enjoy each evening :D although the printed wine list seemed to be in short supply and I had to ask for it on some nights as only the usual wine package list was on the table.

The Schooner Bar was advertising itself as the "Down Under Bar' for this cruise and had a selection of Aussie/NZ wines and beers by the glass on offer.

Cheers

Kelly

Hi,

we are just back from the Radiance (had an absolutely brilliant time!!) and I purchased the Aussie/NZ Platinum wine package onboard - 12 bottles for $345. It only seemed to be available at the time of boarding and I did have to specifically ask for the Aussie package as its on a different list to the normal wine package they offer you when you board (same deal though - choose from Gold, Platinum & Diamond packages).

I only looked at the Whites & Sparkling - wines were reasonable (nothing too flash!) - cant remember exact choices but some were Wolf Blass, Lindemans, Dashwood plus a few from Margaret River & Hawkes Bay. I only drank them with dinner in the MDR and didnt have a problem finding one to enjoy each evening :D although the printed wine list seemed to be in short supply and I had to ask for it on some nights as only the usual wine package list was on the table.

The Schooner Bar was advertising itself as the "Down Under Bar' for this cruise and had a selection of Aussie/NZ wines and beers by the glass on offer.

Cheers

Kelly

Thank you for the info, it seems so difficult to find out what is on offer.

You have confirmed that it is best to leave it till we actually board and see what is on offer, I am looking for a decent red.....

Thanks again

Cheers

• 1 month later...

Just off Radiance this morning. RCI no longer offer the Gold or Diamond Wine Packages. Things are changing. Currently there is only the Platinum Package and you may choose wines from either the usual Platinum wine list or the Aus/NZ platinum wine listing.

We found the NZ whites and the California Reds were the best. The Aussie wines were a little below par.

Hi Dave

there is a scarceity of copies of the AUssie wine list on board and some nights I had to specifically ask for one so it wasn't possible to grab a copy of it. The usual package wine list I have but its freely available on line and on the RCI website anyway.

The Aussie wine lists mainly includes Wolf Blass, Rosemount, McLaren Vale and Peter Lehman Wines. Think $10-$15 quality from your local Bottlo marked up to $35-$40 and you get the idea.

There are many more wines on the standard full wine list tha aren't on the packages and some of these will go up to $90-$120.

Once you board the one thing you will notice for the first few days is staff trying to flog you two things: 1) The wine package and 2) A speciality dining package.

Hope this helps. Enjoy your cruise.

Archived