BCN to Le Meridien

farbster

Hello,

We are arriving BCN in the morning and need a transfer to LeMeridien. My wife and I will each have a suitcase (large) and carryons.

Does anyone have a recommendation as to getting to the hotel? We have not checked the hotel's prices, as usually they are more than private transfer booked independently. We are not taking bus/train etc. or shared shuttle service.

Is the taxi stand the cheapest to go? We don't need a fancy car or anything like that. Or is there private shuttle that is about the same price as the taxi?

Thanks!

A taxi is the easist way to get from the airport to the hotel. The Aero-bus is quite cheap, but you have to drag your suitcase from the bus stop to the hotel. The hotels do not, by and large, have shuttles. The taxi fare, including handling your luggage (1 euro/bag) will be about 25-30 euros. However, after a long T/A fllight, it is nice just to get in the taxi and arrive at the front door of the hotel.

To assist the drive, print off directions from the airport to the hotel from Google Maps (in Spanish).

Captain Ronn

Hello,

We are arriving BCN in the morning and need a transfer to LeMeridien. My wife and I will each have a suitcase (large) and carryons.

Does anyone have a recommendation as to getting to the hotel? We have not checked the hotel's prices, as usually they are more than private transfer booked independently. We are not taking bus/train etc. or shared shuttle service.

Is the taxi stand the cheapest to go? We don't need a fancy car or anything like that. Or is there private shuttle that is about the same price as the taxi?

Thanks!

As the other poster has said...just take a taxi as it will be well worth it getting off a long flight. I think you will be pleased with this hotel. I have stayed there and enjoyed my stay very much.It is within walking distance of many things,and the rooms are very nice. Enjoy your stay in BCN and your cruise.

We stayed at Hotel 1898 just next door this past August...take a taxi..will be approx 30 Euros from the airport...This hotel is a great location on the Las Ramblas....enjoy !!!

Hello,

Thanks!

Taxi is the best bet. My Son stayed at that hotel (right on Las Ramblas) and they were not allowed to check in the hotel until 1:30.

Taxi is the best bet. My Son stayed at that hotel (right on Las Ramblas) and they were not allowed to check in the hotel until 1:30.

Checkin time can vary if your room is ready they will let you have it...We arrived at the 1898 at approx 10:00am...they held our luggage in a secure room, most all hotels do, and we were off to walk the Las Ramblas...Checked back at the hotel about 1:00pm and our room was ready...Enjoy the Las Ramblas and don't forget to checkout the La Boqueria Market (closed Sundays) mid-block...

In case we want to get a private shuttle/driver instead of the taxi stand, does anyone have a recommendation?

I am staying at this hotel next week, I arranged for the hotel to pick me up, yes it is expensive but I am arriving at 8AM and after a long flight I figured it would be easier. I believe it is 70 Euros for up to 4 people.

I recommend you use a taxi. I used the airport bus a couple of years ago and had my purse snatched which was my fault because I was tired from the long trip and not paying attention. In the end, everything worked out fine and a good trip was had by all but who needs that hassle to save some bucks. So if you feel tired, take the taxi...and always keep your wits about you in Barcelona.

I am staying at this hotel next week, I arranged for the hotel to pick me up, yes it is expensive but I am arriving at 8AM and after a long flight I figured it would be easier. I believe it is 70 Euros for up to 4 people.

I think this is a good approach and we have done this also.

If you are jet lagged it's just nice to have a private vehicle pick you up.

Enjoy your stay and time in Barcelona.

Keith

In case we want to get a private shuttle/driver instead of the taxi stand, does anyone have a recommendation?

We used Barcelona Day Tours for a van to take six of us from the cruise terminal to the airport. Cost was a total of 79euros.

Archived